The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts

the G-man #936164 2008-03-30 11:14 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Great. One's a closet Muslim. The other's in the closet with a Muslim.

I thought you had given up trying to sell Obama as a muslim?

Fair play!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hillary's Lesbian Affair with Muslim Aide?

• a top level U.S. Department of Justice official is [saying] that Michael Musto’s rumor about Hillary Clinton fooling around with one of her top female aides Huma Abedin is based in reality!

“I am close enough to Hillary and Huma to tell you that this ‘rumor’ is true,” the official says. “It is well known inside her campaign that Hillary and Huma are an item.

“If you call Hillary’s residence in DC first thing in the morning, Huma answers the phone,” the official continues. “Same thing late at night and on the road. It’s a closely guarded secret that Hillary’s inner circle guards at all costs.”

Great. One's a closet Muslim. The other's in the closet with a Muslim.

Gotta give her credit, however. She has better taste in women than Bill.

the G-man #936169 2008-03-30 11:24 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
That is a really pretty woman.

Fair play!
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Hillary should try to buy off Superdelegates by pimping out her hot Muslim girlfriend to them.

notwedge #936179 2008-03-30 11:48 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: notwedge
Hillary should try to buy off Superdelegates by pimping out her hot Muslim girlfriend to them.

Obama should be worried.

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Obama could counter by offering them 100 virgins in the afterlife...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

Under Islam, is a lesbian still technically a virgin? If so, Hillary might still be in the lead under this scenario.

BTW, I just noticed: MEM hasn't actually disagreed with the theory that Hillary is carpet munching with this chick.

Last edited by the G-man; 2008-03-31 12:08 AM. Reason: :hurm:
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

Under Islam, is a lesbian still technically a virgin? If so, Hillary might still be in the lead under this scenario.

BTW, I just noticed: MEM hasn't actually disagreed with the theory that Hillary is carpet munching with this chick.

With all the evidence you provided it was pointless to try to deny that what has now been exposed at the RKMB about Hillary

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

the G-man #936205 2008-03-31 2:33 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

You know you might end up dissapearing G-man now that you know. She'll probably spare me btw.

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-03-31 2:34 AM.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And you wonder why I never allowed my actual name or photo to appear here. ;\)
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to adjust my proxy servers to make sure that my ISP still reads back as belonging to "Ray Adler, San Francisco, CA."

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
TX Presidential County Convention Results

TIMESTAMP - 12:10AM, 3/31/08

Clinton Delegates: 2,991
44.44%

Obama Delegates: 3,740
55.56%

TOTAL (of 7,666): 6,731
87.80%

Conventions Reporting (of 284): 169
59.51%

10:25pm by Phillip - We updated one "state Superdelegate" for Obama. Other than that, I wanted to let everyone know that prelimiary (not final) reports from Collin County are that Obama won 117 delegates to 63. We'll wait up for final go, but if that's accurate (or anywhere close), as large a win as that is for Obama, it only increases his % lead by three-tenths, only then with 90% reporting. In other words -- even with those Collin County numbers -- what you see above is going to be pretty darn close to the final split, give or take a few tenths of a percentage point.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The Clinton campaign has earned the rep "as something of a deadbeat" According to the latest FEC filings, the Clinton campaign reported debts of $8.7 million. That report also revealed the Clinton campaign finished February in the red. All of this may explain why efforts to get some of those debts paid isn't easy:

Quote:
Cash-strapped Clinton fails to pay bills

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s cash-strapped presidential campaign has been putting off paying hundreds of bills for months — freeing up cash for critical media buys but also earning the campaign a reputation as something of a deadbeat in some small-business circles.

A pair of Ohio companies owed more than $25,000 by Clinton for staging events for her campaign are warning others in the tight-knit event production community — and anyone else who will listen — to get their cash upfront when doing business with her. Her campaign, say representatives of the two companies, has stopped returning phone calls and e-mails seeking payment of outstanding invoices. One even got no response from a certified letter.

Their cautionary tales, combined with published reports about similar difficulties faced by a New Hampshire landlord, an Iowa office cleaner and a New York caterer, highlight a less-obvious impact of Clinton’s inability to keep up with the staggering fundraising pace set by her opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

Clinton's campaign did not respond to recent, specific questions about its transactions with vendors. But Clinton spokesman Jay Carson pointed on Saturday to an earlier statement the campaign issued to Politico, asserting: "The campaign pays its bills regularly and in the normal course of business, and pays all of its bills."

Well, seeing as how she's financing her campaign, there really isn't much difference between her and Bush then. She's putting off paying the bills until later.

There's a big difference between saying you're paying the bills and actually paying them.

And, while Team Clinton may not understand this, $25,000 is a lot of money for a small business. So is $2500 or $250 for that matter.

Maybe she can get a fresh cash infusion from those fatcat donors who tried to extort Pelosi the other day. Or are they all tapped out already? Me, I'm going to donate to Obama, as did the New Hampshire landlord with Hillary's own check.

.. and millions of others as well.

whomod #936245 2008-03-31 10:35 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
How many people ended up voting in the Texas caucus Whomod?

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whomod doesnt believe in democracy, leave him be....

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
TX Presidential County Convention Results

TIMESTAMP - 11:45AM, 3/31/08

Clinton Delegates: 3,058
43.96%

Obama Delegates: 3,899
56.04%

TOTAL (of 7,666): 6,957
90.75%

Conventions Reporting(of 284): 176
61.97%

11:45am by Phillip - The Houston Chronicle reported a 58-0 win for Obama in Fort Bend SD 13, so we adjusted our totals from earlier. In the interest of fairness, this increase barely (by about 5 delegates) would make Obama's projected lead 38-29; however, we still project that with many of the small counties out still, and the "state Superdelegates" still out, that it will be 37-30 Obama. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Gallup Daily: Obama Now at 52% to Clinton’s 42%

PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama has extended his lead over Hillary Clinton among Democrats nationally to 52% to 42%, the third consecutive Gallup Poll Daily tracking report in which he has held a statistically significant lead, and Obama's largest lead of the year so far.

The latest results are based on Gallup Poll Daily tracking conducted March 27-29. Obama did particularly well in interviewing conducted on March 29.

This marks the first time either candidate has held a double-digit lead over the other since Feb. 4-6, at which point Clinton led Obama by 11 percentage points. (To view the complete trend since Jan. 2, 2008, click here.)

According to tracking interviews from March 25-29, John McCain continues to hold a small 4-point lead over Clinton among national registered voters. McCain leads Obama by three points, 47% to 44%. -- Frank Newport

Sayonara Hillary!

whomod #936328 2008-03-31 6:55 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Donna Brazile made a great argument that Hillary Clinton's threat to take the contest all the way to the Credentials Committee in Colorado in August, isn't going to happen. This contest will be over by July 4th.

Yesterday in the WaPost, Hillary Clinton said:

Quote:
I have no intention of stopping until we finish what we started and until we see what happens in the next 10 contests and until we resolve Florida and Michigan. And if we don't resolve it, we'll resolve it at the convention -- that's what credentials committees are for.

Donna Brazile answered that threat, right quick, on "This Week with George Stephanopoulos".

The "Credentials Committee" threat is about whether or not the Democratic Convention Credential Committee will recognize the Florida and Michigan pledged delegates, who were stripped of their credentials because both states' Democratic parties decided to violate Democratic National Committee rules in holding early primaries. Clinton still ran in both states, and so carried the majority of delegates in both states, and she wants them recognized.

Donna Brazile, yesterday on "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" pointed out that, anyone with math skills can see that those delegates are not going to be recognized, because the credentials committee will be dominated by members from states won by Barak Obama.

Quote:
Brazile : I think we have an exit strategy in the Democratic party to end the primary season on June 10th... that's the end of the primary season based on the rules, and after all this is about the rules.... So sometime before July 4th, I am clear that the superdelegates will break one way or another and this thing will end... Whoever is coming up with this new strategy is not looking at the map again. Howard Dean has already appointed 25 members [of the credentials committeee]. The states will send 3 persons, 3 people to the convention, on the credentials committee. Obama has won more states.

Stephanopoulos: Far more.

Brazile: Far more. So, do the math...

Stephanopoulos: This is an important point...You're saying unless there's some dramatic change, some dramatic Obama collapse, that Clinton can't win at the credentials committee.

Brazile: Forty-eight states complied with the rules. Why would they all of a sudden change the rules?

Let's count up where things stand right now, using the CNN delegate scorecard:

Obama has won: Iowa, South Carolina, Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Utah, Louisiana, Nebraska, Washington, Maine, DC, Maryland, Virginia, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Texas (caucuses), Vermont, Wyoming, Mississippi.

Clinton has won: New Hampshire, Nevada, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Ohio, Texas (primary).

Clinton won Florida and Michigan, but as of now, those delegations are not recognized. I don't know how the Texas delegation will go, so: (1) ignoring Texas (sorry Texas), as of right now, Obama has 26 states, Clinton has 12.

Thus, the Credentials Committee has 25 chosen by the National Committee, 81 members chosen by states won by Obama, and 36 members chosen by states won by Clinton. Even if the DNC were a Clinton-biased organization (they're not) and so they stacked the committee, this is 81 votes vs. 61 votes.

So, Hillary's threat to take this to the Convention Credentials Committee won't change the outcome. It will just be Hillary damaging the Democratic Party.

Which the superdelegates -- most of whom can count just fine, thanks -- won't let her do.

Clinton can try to drag this out, but she won't win at the Credentials committee, and it is in the best interest of most of the superdelegates -- many of whom are in their own races, and so want a nominee as soon as possible -- to have a nominee. Once the delegates are counted, if Clinton can't win in the Credentials Committee, they will make their decisions public and final, so that this contest doesn't continue through July, August, September...

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
It seems the Bosnian flower girl is ticked at Hillary .....

Quote:
FROM BAD TO VERSE FOR HILL

AIRPORT'S GIRL POET STUNNED BY SNIPER TALE AS INSULTED FELLOW BOSNIANS RIP 'LOW BLOW' LIE

By SELIM ALGAR, Post Correspondent

March 31, 2008 -- SARAJEVO, Bosnia - The Bosnian girl who famously read a poem to Hillary Rodham Clinton during her 1996 visit to the war-torn country is shocked - and her countrymen infuriated - that the former first lady claimed to have dodged sniper fire that day.

Emina Bicakcic, now 20 and studying to become a doctor, told The Post she stood on the tarmac at the air base in Tuzla, greeted Clinton and even had time to share the lines of verse she'd written - all without fear of attack from an unseen enemy.

"I was surprised when I heard this," Bicakcic said, referring to Clinton's assertion that she braved snipers upon landing, ducking and sprinting to military vehicles.

Other Bosnians said they had one of two reactions to Clinton's debunked action-hero account of her visit: laughter or anger.

"It's an exaggeration," said former acting President Ejup Ganic, who was present during Clinton's visit. "No one was firing. There were no shots fired."

Sema Markovic, 22, a student, said she has long respected Hillary as a strong leader but was angered by her remarks.

"It is an ugly thing for a politician to tell lies,' she said. "We had problems for years, and I don't like when someone lies about them. It makes us look bad."

Clinton has since admitted she "misspoke."

Bicakcic, asked if she feared any threat of violence that day, said she felt just the opposite.

"No," she said, speaking at her home in Sarajevo, the Bosnian capital. "I was just excited. I wanted to look [Clinton] in the eye and say, 'Thank you.' "

And Clinton, she said, seemed far more interested in her poem than in dashing for shelter.

"She was really listening," Bicakcic recalled. "She was drinking in every word of my poem."

Her poem begins with the words, "Peace has come."

Bicakcic said she was reluctant to criticize Clinton's account of that day because of a deep appreciation for the US role in ending Bosnia's bloody nightmare.

A picture of the girl's meeting with the then-first lady - signed and inscribed by Clinton - has become a treasured family heirloom.

Still, Bicakcic admitted that she is not supporting Clinton in her contest against Barack Obama.

"I'm staying neutral," she said, declining to discuss the issue further. "I have very mixed emotions about it. It's a difficult situation for me."

whomod #936331 2008-03-31 7:01 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Brazile is, in fact a superdelegate, is she not?

Has she yet evinced a preference for either the closet Muslim or the closet lesbian?

Last edited by the G-man; 2008-03-31 7:45 PM. Reason: there wasn't a comma there, whomod
the G-man #936333 2008-03-31 7:18 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Has she yet evinced a preference for either the closet, the Muslim, or the closet lesbian?

Are you saying McCain is gay?

Quote:
From Newsmax

Brazile said party elders have a role to play, but voters should lead the way — which means whoever goes to the convention with the most delegates won in primaries and caucuses should get the nomination.

“I don’t want to superimpose my personal views,” she added. “I want to reflect the will of the voters. Honestly, I don’t want to decide this.”

whomod #936334 2008-03-31 7:21 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
While it is tempting to note that you didn't actually deny that Obama is a closet Muslim with that answer, I will instead point out that your McCain joke makes no sense within the context of the discussion.

As you acknowledge, Brazile is a Democrat superdelegate. Accordingly, her choices as such are between Obama and Hillary Clinton. McCain is simply not a factor.

Therefore, your joke, in which you feign ignorance and pretend that I could have been referring to McCain is, at best, nonsensical.

Please try to keep up, whomod.

the G-man #936337 2008-03-31 7:35 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
jeez, man, it was you who gave me three choices?

Seeing as how there are three candidates at the moment....

As for Obama being a Muslim. Man, on any given day, either he's a member of a racist Baptist church or he's back to being a Muslim. The right wing attack narrative is so confusing.

whomod #936340 2008-03-31 7:46 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
According to that one source, Obama's racist church welcomes participation from, and has a number of, Muslims in it.

the G-man #936341 2008-03-31 7:51 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
That'd be in line with ANY church.

I hear they welcome prostitutes, Samaritans (that would be 'the enemy') and tax collectors as well.

All who seek salvation.

Much like Jesus himself did

whomod #936342 2008-03-31 7:54 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ah, so, you ADMIT that his participation in the racist church fails to disprove that Obama is a closet Muslim?

the G-man #936344 2008-03-31 8:13 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Ah, so, you ADMIT that his participation in the racist church fails to disprove that Obama is a closet Muslim?

whomod #936345 2008-03-31 8:15 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I love this picture of Bill Clinton speaking in Pennsylvania with some stealth Hillary opponents holding up a sign that "It's over!" Reminds me of the "freeway bloggers" and their signs. Would like to see some LIAR signs pop up at Hillary rallies.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
March 31, 2008
Dems, Reps Agree: Obama Tougher Opponent for McCain

Perceived as having better chance than Clinton of winning in November

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Panel survey finds a majority of both Republicans and Democrats saying Barack Obama has a better chance than Hillary Clinton of defeating Republican John McCain in the November presidential election.

The survey was conducted March 24-27, interviewing a nationally representative sample of 1,005 Gallup Panel members. Democrats were asked whether Clinton or Obama has the better chance of defeating McCain in November: 59% say Obama does; 30% say Clinton. Republicans were asked whether McCain has a better chance of defeating Clinton or Obama on Election Day. Sixty-four percent say McCain has a better chance of beating Clinton, compared with only 22% choosing Obama, meaning Republicans view Obama as the more formidable candidate.

Gallup polling has recently shown some positive momentum for Obama in the Democratic nomination battle -- he has moved into the lead over Clinton in the preferences of Democratic voters nationwide. Both candidates are competitive with McCain in Gallup's latest polling on registered voters' general election preferences, though Obama has tended to do marginally better than Clinton in the more recent updates...

Wow, Dems think by a 2 to 1 margin that Obama can beat McCain over Hillary.

MEM?

What's the daily Hillary spin on her sagging numbers in 2 Gallup polls now?

whomod #936373 2008-03-31 10:35 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

MEM?

I don't know, I suppose it would be whatever Obama's spin was when the numbers were not on his side.

Fair play!
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Hillary fucks female Muslims.

notwedge #936382 2008-03-31 10:52 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

the G-man #936385 2008-03-31 10:58 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Has she yet evinced a preference for either the closet Muslim or the closet lesbian?

I think she's officially undeclared but she's for Obama. If it comes to a choice between Obama & keeping 2 states out of the convention, she picks Obama. There is no thought or contemplation of what kind of damage that will do to the party.

Her comments about Wright were also in the damage control category for Obama.

I like Brazille btw but while she's undeclared it's been evident for awhile that she's definitley not undecided.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: whomod

MEM?

I don't know, I suppose it would be whatever Obama's spin was when the numbers were not on his side.

For someone who claims to be "more electable" than Obama, Hillary comes in second place a lot.

From Gallup:

Quote:
This is the fourth consecutive Gallup Poll Daily tracking report showing Obama with a statistically significant lead. It marks the first time since late February that either Clinton or Obama has sustained a statistically significant lead in the race for more than two consecutive days.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
ouch... MEM, tha's gotta hurt...

YAAAY!!! HILLARY LOSES TEXAS!!!!!

Quote:
Obama wins most Texas delegates

39 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Sen. Barack Obama has won the overall delegate race in Texas thanks to a strong showing in Democratic county conventions this past weekend.

Obama picked up seven of nine outstanding delegates, giving him a total of 99 Texas delegates to the party's national convention this summer. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton won the other two, giving her a total of 94 Texas delegates, according to an analysis of returns by The Associated Press.

Texas Democrats held both a presidential primary and caucus. Clinton narrowly won the popular vote in the state's primary March 4, earning her 65 national convention delegates to Obama's 61.

Precinct caucuses began immediately after polls closed primary night and quickly devolved into chaos in many parts of the state because of an unprecedented turnout of more than 1 million Democrats. The state party was never able to provide complete results from the caucuses, which is why the AP withheld nine delegates.

The precinct caucuses elected delegates to about 280 county and state senate district conventions on Saturday. The AP awarded the remaining delegates based on results from Saturday's conventions, showing Obama with about 58 percent of vote, compared to 42 percent for Clinton.

Obama won 38 delegates through the caucus/convention system, and Clinton won 29.

The final delegate allocation will be decided at the party's state convention June 6-7, and the numbers could change if either campaign is unable to maintain the level of support they had over the weekend.

Obama leads the overall race for the Democratic nomination with 1,631 delegates, including separately chosen party and elected officials known as superdelegates. Clinton has 1,501, according to the latest AP tally.

Supporters display signs during the Travis County Democratic convention Saturday, March 29, 2008, in Austin, Texas. Texas Democrats convened to divide caucus delegates between hopefulsl candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton. It's the next stage of Texas' delegate system that culminates at the state Democratic convention in June.
(AP
]

Quote:
John,

My mom was a delegate in Dallas this past weekend. She arrived at 7AM and didn't get to leave until 8PM. She said that it appeared the Clinton delegates were trying to drag things out so long that people would have to leave. She thought they challenged about 3,000 delegates and each of them had to go through the credentialing committee.

One of the Clinton delegates from her group challenged the validity of entire precincts. One of the precincts she challenged was almost entirely African American. Towards the end, after this group was credentialed they came by and shook their fists at the Clinton delegate and chanted "we're still here" in her face. My mom said it was a little tense.

She also said that it was sad to see all of the elderly there having to sit in stadium seats for 13 hours. She didn't know of anyone leaving without an alternate to replace them though. A very pregnant woman in her group had to lie on the concrete floor at times.

I don't know why this didn't make bigger news. She said it was obvious to everyone there what was going on and she thought Clinton had made many enemies from inside the democratic party that day.

Lisa
Poulsbo, WA

Ah, Hilary, another day, another bunch of Democrats she pisses off forever in her mad quest for power.

whomod #936494 2008-04-01 10:41 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
She still actually had more people vote for her though Whomod.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
She still actually had more people vote for her though Whomod.

Uh huh....

And?

This matters, why exactly?

Is Hillary going to get all Obama's delegates then?

Or is it you yet again spinning another Hillary loss as if it's somehow really good for her?

So now we see that Hillary did not win Texas. That puts a little hole in her big state argument. Does this mean that she has won 1 state since Feb. 5th? How many has Obama won, huh? Oh yeah, 16! And she is still in this race because??? Hard to argue you will be good on the economy when you suck at math and can't manage your own campaign finances. Hard to argue that you'll be good on health care when you don't even pay the health care bills for your employees. Hard to argue you'll be a good Commander in Chief when you think it is OK to lie about being under sniper fire.

We have seen the polls break for Obama in the last week or so including states won by Clinton (California and New Jersey), where Obama now does better against McCain than Clinton. The same is true in Michigan. The Gallup poll I posted yesterday shows Dems believe by a whopping 59-30 margin that Obama is the strongest candidate (the margin is even greater among Republicans).

Today, the latest polling from Pennsylvania is out showing Obama has reduced Clinton's lead of 15-20 points of just a few weeks ago to a mere 5 points.

MEM?

By May 6th, there will be of the 566 remaining pledged delegates, 349 of them will be allocated between three states, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Indiana and then also Guam has got four in there. They‘re on May 4th, sort of wedged in between Pennsylvania and that May 6th primary date.

At that point, when there are only going to be 217 delegates left to be divvied up after May 6th, at that point, if Obama is still sitting on this same delegate lead - which frankly, it‘s very possible. The way Pennsylvania allocates delegates, his areas of strength in Philadelphia, he should over perform his actual vote total number. North Carolina is also a state he could do well in.

If the numbers basically remain unchanged as far as the margin, about 150 to 160 in pledge, 120, 125 when you throw in the supers, then he can be the magnanimous one. I believe this is the Karl Rove idea. I think he wrote an article over the weekend suggesting this, that maybe Obama be magnanimous and say, here you go, Senator Clinton, take all the delegates you want out of Florida and Michigan you claim you‘ve won. You still won‘t be ahead.

Add in the popular vote and you still won‘t be ahead. Then all of a sudden it actually hurts her overall argument that this race can still go on because if he can sit here and say take these extra delegates that you‘re claiming that we thought were in dispute and take that vote, and you‘re still not ahead.

And then MEM, you'll have to concede that it's in fact OVER! And were it anyone but the Clinton's, I think the media would have been screaming this from the rooftops a long long time ago. you can't continually lose and be in 2nd place for months on end and still claim to be competitive. Where is John Edwards? Eh? Mitt Romney? etc. etc. What about the will of the voters?????!!!!! How can you deny them being able to vote for Fred Thomson???!!!!!!!! That's NOT Democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Obama shouldn't tap Clinton, most Democrats say.

by Mark Silva

That sometimes-touted “dream team’’ of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton doesn’t sit well with most Democrats, if Obama is sitting at the top of the ticket. But, if Clinton is topping the ticket, more like Obama as a running mate.

Just 42 percent of Democrats surveyed nationwide say Clinton should be the Democratic Party’s vice presidential nominee, if Obama wins the party’s nomination. Yet 58 percent say Clinton should tap Obama, should she become the party’s nominee.

The reason for “the disparity,’’ the Gallup Poll reports, “is that a relatively small number of Obama supporters -- just 29 percent --favor Obama choosing Clinton as a possible running mate. Seventy percent say they'd rather he choose someone else. And 55 percent of all the Democrats surveyed say he should choose someone other than Clinton.

In contrast, a majority of Clinton supporters – 53 percent -- would want Clinton to choose Obama for vice president if she is nominated.’’

Similar percentages (a majority of both Clinton and Obama supporters) say they would want their own candidate selected for vice president should the other candidate win the Democratic nomination for president.

tap
1. or "tap that a**." To have sex with somebody. "Hey dawg- I saw you with Katie. Did you tap that a** or what?"

tappable: If someone is tappable, you would have sex with her.

Someone really needs to inform the press on slang words circa the 21st century. Because I'm sure Obama, much less Bill wants to "tap" Hillary anymore.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

To use your vulgar slang definition of "tap"...

I wonder if Obama's tapped this ass yet.

The broader definition is simply to utilize.
 Quote:
7. To establish access to or a connection with: tapped a new market for inexpensive books.
8. To take advantage of; make use of: tapped voter anger to win the election.

Obama could combine forces with Hillary (as Romney has with McCain). But for a guy who campaigns on building bridges, he sure seems to have burned them with Hillary.

And similarly, regarding the MI and FL delegates, or any potential to join forces with Hillary when she reached out a few weeks ago. For a guy whose thing is reaching across the lines and working together, he seems to be pretty reluctant to work with anyone.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm not sure how Hillary offering the VP slot to Obama is "reaching out" in this case, given that she was in second place when she made the "offer." Typically, the person in second place is in no position to offer a subordinate role to the person in first place.

More likely, as many commentators noted, Hillary's "offer" was simply an attempt to obscure Obama's frontrunner status.

Oh, and guys: the term "tap" has long been used in politics to mean "nominate" or "choose" for an office. I don't know why the press should stop using it, simply because it currently has another meaning which may, given the shelf life of slang, vanish in a few years.

Page 44 of 66 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard