Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
I don't know how many of you out there in Robbieland are parents, but I am. I have 2 children and recall when they were 3. OK, no 3 year old is going to be "helping" Dad hold the sign.

He was putting the kid out there. And that's wrong.

My point was that he wanted the sign to be held up, he didn't necessarily want his daughter to be the one to do it.

wannabuyamonkey #352886 2004-09-18 5:27 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
(BTW, 1 troop lost is too many, but that's what happens in war, troops die and all things considered 1000 is acctually a pretty low # theres a cost to anything worth fighting for, far more people die in cars each year, perhaps we should never go anywhere, far more college kids kill themselves each year, perhaps we shouldn't get educated.)

The fact that you attempt to rationalize and trivialize over 1,000 deaths as some form of agreeable "statistic", sickens me, and completely negates any intelligent point you may or may not have had. What a victimized fantasy world you live in, wbam....

whomod #352887 2004-09-18 5:27 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Moulton woman says she lost job for sporting Kerry sticker on car

Woman Fired For Kerry Bumper Sticker Has New Job

As for the poor child.

This bit of photography appears to be just as spontaneous and unplanned as your average episode of America's Funniest Home videos.

I'm eagerly awaiting the 'Kerry supporter kicks puppy', 'Scott Peterson supports Kerry', and 'Kerry supporter drinks a beer and cheets on his wife' articles.

You're a dumbass.

Prometheus #352888 2004-09-18 5:44 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
The fact that you attempt to rationalize and trivialize over 1,000 deaths as some form of agreeable "statistic", sickens me, and completely negates any intelligent point you may or may not have had. What a victimized fantasy world you live in, wbam....

Why the hell does everyone treat those soldiers' lives like they were the lives of small children!?

They were grown up, responsible people who made their own choices, and one of them was to act as defenders of this country.

Your and everyone else's particular highlight of the fact that a certain number died makes this argument all the more despicable. It shows me very clearly that you're the one who's insensitive to their deaths, and using them as you're immunity from argumentitive scrutiny is all the more evidence of your jerk-off persona.

If I was one of the thousand that died in the war, I sure as fuck wouldn't have wanted to be remembered as a 'meaningless casualty'. Death is meaningless, that's a fact, but trying to use that one saying as your single priority for WAR does not work.

I will say, however, that the toll can exceed a tolerable number depending on the size of the campaign. For example, in Iraq's case, if over 2.5 thousand were dead, then I'd be pissed.

1000 is a big number, but even if it was 800 or 500, your tone of anger would still be the same...Heh, if it was 1.5 thousand, it'd still be the same. You'll use any number you could clutch for and say that the principle of death is enough to justify your disgust and still blind yourself to the fact that this was war. People die in war, and there's an expectancy of death. Get over yourself you fucking tourist.

Prometheus #352889 2004-09-18 5:51 PM
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
(BTW, 1 troop lost is too many, but that's what happens in war, troops die and all things considered 1000 is acctually a pretty low # theres a cost to anything worth fighting for, far more people die in cars each year, perhaps we should never go anywhere, far more college kids kill themselves each year, perhaps we shouldn't get educated.)

In what way does throwing words like rationalise and trivialise and saying I sicken you adress what I say? just once Pro, I would like you to respond to what I say without attemting to discredit me simply by impuning my intentions. I don't think it's trivial at all, the troops we've lost, a very close friend of mine runs a VERY high risk of becoming one of those "statistics" due to his local and the job he performs. We pray for him daily and everytime I hear that a local soldier is killed my heart sinks and I become certain that it's him and images rush through my head of the last times I saw him and when I find out it wasn't him I think about how much worse it will be for the family of that soldier. I realise as you've said before that you enjoy the banter in bull baiting, but not on this issue. It pisses me off that you would think that you have any sort of exclusivity on compassion for our troops because you object to thier mission. Do not assume to know my intentions or the hurt I feel over the soldiers that we lose. If you don't want to respond to anything itellegent thing I've said fine, don't, but don't claim they've been negated by a false and offensive assumtion you've made about my intentions. I've shed tears over the troops we've lost. Have your fun insulting me if you want, but not on this issue. I won't play your game on this one.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Oh and by the way, you said before that you never insulted anyone who didn't insult you first, so, prey tell, when did I insult you? I objected to what I could have assumed was you were trivialising the lives of our sodiers by using thier deaths as an anti-Bush banner when many of them (dare I say most?) died proud of thier country, president and believing that thier mission was just and right and that thier death contributed to the greater good and would be deeply offended that thier death was disshonored by using it as an attemt to discredit thier mission, but I didn't I adressed the issue directly. If you would like to go back and forth insulting one another then start a thread in the off topic forum addressing what you don't like about me and I'll gladly join in. I mean c'mon if Oakley can at least do that.... can't you?

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
whomod #352891 2004-09-18 6:11 PM
25+ posts
25+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Quote:

My reasons for posting this particular thread is because it adresses an issue I deal with every day. I am confident that Bush will win, but I'm not confident that I or my property will remain unmollested if I wear a Bush T-shirt or display a sign or bumper sticker.

As for the poor child.

This bit of photography appears to be just as spontaneous and unplanned as your average episode of America's Funniest Home videos.

I'm eagerly awaiting the 'Kerry supporter kicks puppy', 'Scott Peterson supports Kerry', and 'Kerry supporter drinks a beer and cheets on his wife' articles.

Donald Segretti lives!

You're the smartest poster here, whomod! I think you and I could become good friends!

Life is like a box of chocolates--SO PIG OUT!/Buzz Sherwood
Pariah #352892 2004-09-18 6:25 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Why the hell does everyone treat those soldiers' lives like they were the lives of small children!?

Isn't that what you guys are doing here? Showing us the atrocity of Kerry supporters, and liberals in general, as they abuse a small girl? I'm doing the same thing. You want to talk about the horrors of what these two men have created? Dead people, versus, a small girl crying? There is no comparison.

Quote:

Death is meaningless, that's a fact,

Is it? Or, is it an opinion?

Quote:

but trying to use that one saying as your single priority for WAR does not work.

I will say, however, that the toll can exceed a tolerable number depending on the size of the campaign. For example, in Iraq's case, if over 2.5 thousand were dead, then I'd be pissed.

So, alot of people have to die for it to be justifiable? Is that what you are saying? You actually believe in "acceptable losses"?

Quote:

1000 is a big number, but even if it was 800 or 500, your tone of anger would still be the same...Heh, if it was 1.5 thousand, it'd still be the same. You'll use any number you could clutch for and say that the principle of death is enough to justify your disgust and still blind yourself to the fact that this was war. People die in war, and there's an expectancy of death. Get over yourself you fucking tourist.

This coming from a guy that uses "You're a dumbass." as an intelligent response. Grow up, little boy. Of all the people here at Rob's boards, you are at the bottom of the list of opinions I even consider....

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
It pisses me off that you would think that you have any sort of exclusivity on compassion for our troops because you object to thier mission. Do not assume to know my intentions or the hurt I feel over the soldiers that we lose.

Then how in God's name can you support it? How can you be okay that they are shipped over there to fucking die? I mean, why? Are their lives worth anything we, or anyone else, is getting out of this? Anything at all? And, what are we getting out of this? At what point did it become neccessary that we invade and completely destabilize a third-world country (and don't use the word "9/11" anywhere in your answer)?

Why?

Quote:

If you don't want to respond to anything itellegent thing I've said fine, don't, but don't claim they've been negated by a false and offensive assumtion you've made about my intentions. I've shed tears over the troops we've lost. Have your fun insulting me if you want, but not on this issue. I won't play your game on this one.

There is no game here. I've already stated what I think about the current administration, the President, the campaigns, the war, and everything else a million times in threads here. I also stated my theory of this topic in my initial post of this thread. A theory that was given further validation by the article MEM found. So, I feel very little need to continue saying the same thing over and over again, when you absolutely refuse to acknowledge any point made, other than to find a way to refute it. No matter if it's right there, plain as day, you stick to your view permanently.

So, if you don't want to talk about the deaths of American soldiers, then, don't give me any of that "statistically acceptable losses" bullshit. That insults everyone here, and every soldier. No one should ever be an "acceptable loss".

Pariah #352894 2004-09-18 8:21 PM
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

whomod said:

As for the poor child.

You're a dumbass.

whomod's comments aside, did you read the articles he linked to? Can you justify a woman being fired just because of a bumper sticker she has on her car?

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
It pisses me off that you would think that you have any sort of exclusivity on compassion for our troops because you object to thier mission. Do not assume to know my intentions or the hurt I feel over the soldiers that we lose.

Then how in God's name can you support it? How can you be okay that they are shipped over there to fucking die? I mean, why? Are their lives worth anything we, or anyone else, is getting out of this? Anything at all? And, what are we getting out of this? At what point did it become neccessary that we invade and completely destabilize a third-world country (and don't use the word "9/11" anywhere in your answer)?

Why?

Quote:

If you don't want to respond to anything itellegent thing I've said fine, don't, but don't claim they've been negated by a false and offensive assumtion you've made about my intentions. I've shed tears over the troops we've lost. Have your fun insulting me if you want, but not on this issue. I won't play your game on this one.

There is no game here. I've already stated what I think about the current administration, the President, the campaigns, the war, and everything else a million times in threads here. I also stated my theory of this topic in my initial post of this thread. A theory that was given further validation by the article MEM found. So, I feel very little need to continue saying the same thing over and over again, when you absolutely refuse to acknowledge any point made, other than to find a way to refute it. No matter if it's right there, plain as day, you stick to your view permanently.

So, if you don't want to talk about the deaths of American soldiers, then, don't give me any of that "statistically acceptable losses" bullshit. That insults everyone here, and every soldier. No one should ever be an "acceptable loss".

OK, if you continue with the tone of your first paragraph, then we can talk. Ask me why I believe what I believe or how I feel I can justify my position, but don't assign me a motive and don't accuse me of not caring about the troops.

As far as your second paragraph goes, "the game" I was refering to was the bull baiting of assigning motive and vollying personal jabs, not discussing casualties. I'll gladlt discuss the issues regardless of how they make me feel.

Finally as far as me agknoledging and excepting your positions and holding firm to my own, well, welcome to the world of debate. I haven't exactly seen you embrace the points I make. I'm willing to accept that you, whomod, JQ and many others won't accept my points or embrace my point of view. If it ever happens on either side it'll be rare, however that doesn't mean we can't discuss things. If you're going to become frustrated that I don't accept your points then don't waste your time. It took a long time to convert me to the right. I can only imagine it being a much more difficult thing to take me back. If you're fine with that and want a decent exchange then have at it.

When I get more time I'll address the specific questions you brought up. Untill then...

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
OK, I have a little more time than expected.

Quote:

First, they aren't sent there to die. They are sent there to kill and to not die. Most soldiers don't die. They are sent there to accomplis thier mission. My friend who's over there now and recognises the fact that he may very likely die believs in his mission and even believs that if he did die it would be worth it. What are we getting? for one we've removed a dictater who was actively hostile to the US shooting at our planes and providing safe haven for terrorists. As far as destabalising the country, that's just not true. Just because the news doesn't report when schools are opened doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because success isn't reported doen't mean the country isn't being built up. If I judged my own city by the evening news I would think IT had been destabelised. You hear on the news that 50 people are blown up in line to become police officers. What isn't reported is that the next day 50 more men gladly line up to become police, because they believe in the future of thier country and are glad to be free. Sure there are people who are upsett by Saddams overthrow, but some people were upset when the Nazis were overthrown too. People who benifited from the Nazi regime

Updated

Last edited by wannabuyamonkey; 2004-09-19 1:52 AM.

Pariah #352897 2004-09-18 10:19 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Okay, hold on there, allow me to get a bit technical for moment; To be fair, he was only holding that one kid up on his shoulders (prolly cuz' she was real small). Also, I'm not implying that he didn't pre-plan this venture or that he wasn't being a bit stupid for bringing his kids in on the political retalition, but I wouldn't say that it was really an "asshole" thing to do if he took into mind that it was people he was dealing with and not pushy......Uh....Boars.

People do stupid things. You protect your child from the potential danger, against people or boars.

He could have simply been harrassed verbally, and the damage still would have been significant because a child is extremely vunerable to something like that.

Quote:

I stress again (in the form of a question): Is that necessarily violently hostile?

I'm not getting why you're asking this. Why does it matter?

Let's not take this into a discussion of whether or not the guy deserved to be attacked.

Quote:

But who's to say that he was going for any sort of physical OR verbal unpleasentness?

Common sense.

To make a sports analogy, which is my nature, if you go to a Red Sox game with a shirt that says "I love the Yankees", just about anything could happen.

Quote:

Like I said before, considering these were rational human beings (and he knows this), why is it so conclusive that they would get rowdy any sort of way rather than brood at his presence?

It didn't have to be "conclusive". It was a possibility. It could have happened(and don't get into semantics on this, the chances of an altercation in this situation are significantly greater than in a typical public setting). Suggesting that the guy is completely faultless because there weren't posters up saying "we will attack if you if attend this rally with Pro-Bush signs" is absurd.

Politics are a very touchy area. This very forum should prove that! Not to mention the riots in New York....

And again, just to drive this point home, so that there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever(because they're shouldn't be), none of that makes what happened to the young girl right, or justified.

Quote:

They're definitely more to blame than him, by far.

Yes, they most certainly are.

Quote:

And I think it should be noted that most of those kids were mature enough to know what was going on.

I disagree. They might have known that the gathering was in support of a guy, but I really doubt they could have understood why it was a poor situation to walk in to. Especially in the case of the little girl. She was way to young to have any idea of what was going on.

Quote:

He wanted more signs to be seen so his message would be noticed obviously.

That's no reason to involve his kids.

Quote:

Don't know why you're rolling your eyes. This topic wasn't started for polite debate. It was started so that wbam could blast liberals. I imagine even he would admit that. The title of the thread tells you all you need to know.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ithaca, New York, home to Cornell University, is often referred to as "the most enlightened city in America."

The reason for that moniker is that it is considered the most liberal city in America. More liberal than Madison, more liberal than Seattle, more liberal than even Berkeley.

This week, the Ithaca Times had an editorial that seems to acknowledge that, at least in the most liberal city in America, it isn't pro-Kerry, it's anti-Bush, and woe to the property (and maybe physical health) of anyone who "dares" support the President:

Usually, come election time, one may find the names of at least two presidential candidates on the lawn signs of voters. This year is unique in that, generally, only one name can be found - Bush - albeit in vastly different contexts.

There are, of course, the traditional Bush Cheney 2004 signs, reserved for only the bravest members of Ithaca's Republican minority. But, by far, the most popular signs feature the "BUSH MUST GO!" slogan, generated by a creative group of local activists.

However, two other political names are strangely absent. Support for the Kerry/Edwards ticket can be spotted on bumper stickers but curiously few lawn signs.

Ithacans take their lawn signs very seriously. First the "BUSH MUST GO!" folks complained their freedom of speech was being stifled. One unlucky person on East State Street had a sign stolen at least three times.

Then the Bush/Cheney supporters... signs were stolen or smashed. (Some might argue that, in Ithaca, they were lucky that only their signs were attacked.)

Unfortunately, this demonstrates that, in Ithaca, voter enthusiasm often degenerates into political immaturity.

Ithaca makes national news for it unique monetary system, its commitment to environmental sustainability and its beautiful gorges, but thank goodness the rest of the country will not learn about its silly political antics.

Granted this editorial isn't really scientific evidence of anything. However, when even the newspapers in a liberal city think that (a) it's anti-Bush, not pro-Kerry; and (b) conservatives in liberal communities are being silenced; (if not in danger of physical attack) then you have to wonder if there isn't something to the allegations.

Pariah #352899 2004-09-18 10:48 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:

They were grown up, responsible people who made their own choices, and one of them was to act as defenders of this country.

Rather cold.

They were all somebody's children. To their parents, trust me, their ages don't diminish the loss.

We all wear a green carnation.
Jim Jackson #352900 2004-09-19 1:44 AM
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

Don't know why you're rolling your eyes. This topic wasn't started for polite debate. It was started so that wbam could blast liberals. I imagine even he would admit that. The title of the thread tells you all you need to know.

This thread wasn't to "slam" liberals, but to ask why liberals seem to be more likely than conservitives to try and stifle debate. I respect alot of liberals. The reason for the title being what it was was to rile people up. That's my way. Honestly though if i thought all libs were ass hole I would have said so. That's my way.

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

I never refered to anyoneas an acceptable loss. If you read my post I said 1 death was too many. In the examples I gave "car deaths" and the such those are no less tragic and no more acceptable. My point was only to say the fact that people die doesn't discount the cause. Far more soldiers died in one day storming the beach at Normandy, those deaths were unnacceptable, but at the same time they were neccessary.

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
For the record appearantly, not ALL liberals are assholes. The Union that the thug belonged to has written a formal letter of apology to the family and taken disciplinary action towards the thug in question.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
This thread wasn't to "slam" liberals

Come now.

"Heroes wrestle hate speech away from rich blonde"?

That, combined with your ridiculously sarcastic analysis of liberal "rules" makes your agenda clear.

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
True, and it ain't nothin' new.

Jim Jackson #352905 2004-09-19 11:09 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:

Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Rather cold.
They were all somebody's children. To their parents, trust me, their ages don't diminish the loss.

There does, however, seem to be a trend, be it partisan or otherwise, to infantize soldiers, what with the "sending our sons and daughters to die" rhetoric.

First off, the rhetoric might have had some meaning during Vietnam, when we had a draft. Now, however, its a volunteer military.

Being a volunteer military, a soldier's death is, in some ways, more akin to the death of a firefighter or police officer on duty. Like soldiers, both police and firefighters "sign up" for a dangerous life-threatening job that may kill them.

However, unlike soldiers, we rarely, if ever, refer to them as peoples' "children", despite the fact that, as JJ noted "to their parents...their ages don't diminish the loss."

Given the above, it does seem that the decision to refer to soldiers as "children" might indicate a certain bias in the choice of phrase.

the G-man #352906 2004-09-19 2:44 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I don't care if they're 18 or 180. If they are dying, then, it's a bad thing.

Animalman #352907 2004-09-19 2:53 PM
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
This thread wasn't to "slam" liberals

Come now.

"Heroes wrestle hate speech away from rich blonde"?

That, combined with your ridiculously sarcastic analysis of liberal "rules" makes your agenda clear.

Are you saying that my agenda is to "slam" ALL liberals because I'm sarcastic? I'll tell you what my agenda was, my agenda was to point out how rediculous tose statements were. If you want to tell me or prove that all liberals agree with those statements then I will "slam" all liberals on this issue, but frankly I have too much respect for liberals to assume they're all that silly.

Acctually I changed the name as a result that some people justifying the assault and blaming the victim, I'm not saying all liberals would do that..... are you?

The rules also are a direct response to what I thought were some rediculous statements and justifications in this very thread. So both of those things you mentioned weren't intended to slam any group as a whole but a direct response to things said in this thread. As for the original title (wich is what I thought you were originally refering) I'll admit, I was slaming SOME liberals and certain practices. I think the types of people who did this are a very small % of acctual liberals, but if I'd said that in my original post or in the title then we wouldn't have had the conversation we've had and some posters may not have fallen into the trap of defending these assholes thinking they were defending themselves. If I'm guilty, then I'm guilty on preying on peoples propenity to make assumtions. Of course if I start a thread called "Are all liberals assholes or is it just these guys?" you're all going to assume I'm saying they are and slip up (some of you) and let your real feelings known.

Prometheus #352908 2004-09-20 5:16 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Isn't that what you guys are doing here? Showing us the atrocity of Kerry supporters, and liberals in general, as they abuse a small girl? I'm doing the same thing. You want to talk about the horrors of what these two men have created? Dead people, versus, a small girl crying? There is no comparison.

I never said Edwards or Kerry brought this upon that girl.

Quote:

Is it? Or, is it an opinion?

Pfft!

When you trace the roots of the reasons that motivate unnatural death, you'll always come to a meaningless source--Or excuse if you will.

Quote:

So, alot of people have to die for it to be justifiable? Is that what you are saying? You actually believe in "acceptable losses"?

Either you're getting desperate or you're just stupid.

I can't control war. I can't fully control what starts a war, but I do know that when one starts and its just too late to keep the fire from spreading, I will at least (at that point) want it to go the way it was expected to turn out--And it goes without saying that in the grand scheme of war politics, that also entails very minimal loss of life. But since that definitely can't be predicted due to variables, I'm not about to hold it against the soldiers' superiors because they did what they could to insure as much chance for zero casualities as possible.

Now what I'm saying about this is, for that size country factoring in the capabilities of the Iraqis, I would expect we shouldn't lose this many. this is oppose to what you're accusing me of saying, "We will lose this many, so get over it."

Quote:

This coming from a guy that uses "You're a dumbass." as an intelligent response. Grow up, little boy. Of all the people here at Rob's boards, you are at the bottom of the list of opinions I even consider....

Then you shouldn't waste your time responding to me.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

Pariah said:
Okay, hold on there, allow me to get a bit technical for moment; To be fair, he was only holding that one kid up on his shoulders (prolly cuz' she was real small). Also, I'm not implying that he didn't pre-plan this venture or that he wasn't being a bit stupid for bringing his kids in on the political retalition, but I wouldn't say that it was really an "asshole" thing to do if he took into mind that it was people he was dealing with and not pushy......Uh....Boars.

People do stupid things. You protect your child from the potential danger, against people or boars.

He could have simply been harrassed verbally, and the damage still would have been significant because a child is extremely vunerable to something like that.

Quote:

I stress again (in the form of a question): Is that necessarily violently hostile?

I'm not getting why you're asking this. Why does it matter?

Let's not take this into a discussion of whether or not the guy deserved to be attacked.

Quote:

But who's to say that he was going for any sort of physical OR verbal unpleasentness?

Common sense.

To make a sports analogy, which is my nature, if you go to a Red Sox game with a shirt that says "I love the Yankees", just about anything could happen.

Quote:

Like I said before, considering these were rational human beings (and he knows this), why is it so conclusive that they would get rowdy any sort of way rather than brood at his presence?

It didn't have to be "conclusive". It was a possibility. It could have happened(and don't get into semantics on this, the chances of an altercation in this situation are significantly greater than in a typical public setting). Suggesting that the guy is completely faultless because there weren't posters up saying "we will attack if you if attend this rally with Pro-Bush signs" is absurd.

Politics are a very touchy area. This very forum should prove that! Not to mention the riots in New York....

And again, just to drive this point home, so that there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever(because they're shouldn't be), none of that makes what happened to the young girl right, or justified.

Quote:

They're definitely more to blame than him, by far.

Yes, they most certainly are.

Quote:

And I think it should be noted that most of those kids were mature enough to know what was going on.

I disagree. They might have known that the gathering was in support of a guy, but I really doubt they could have understood why it was a poor situation to walk in to. Especially in the case of the little girl. She was way to young to have any idea of what was going on.

Quote:

He wanted more signs to be seen so his message would be noticed obviously.

That's no reason to involve his kids.

Quote:

*shakes head*

This is just gonna be another one of our continually circular acedmics. And I never really like putting time into those, so I'm stopping right here.

Uh, oh yeah. I rolled my eyes because we obviously had something we were arguing. Even if this thread's purpose is for what you say, we transcended it anyway, and were arguing a two sided issue. So, I was just saying stop nitpicking where nitpicking's not due. I was just being preemptive in the sense that I didn't feel like going over a dozen sub-topics cuz' of semantics.

Pariah #352910 2004-09-21 8:56 PM
200+ posts
200+ posts
OK, I have not read through post upon post of pro-/anti-Bush sentiments, but I think anybody who uses his daughter for political campaigning is an asshole! Think that 5 year old knows what that sign stands for? Sure not, maybe this will get people to think before trying a stupid stunt like this again! I'm not saying they're taking their kids into a warzone, but I think they're using them as human billboards without the kids being able to give proper consent.

Think clean thoughts, chum. -The Batman
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

therealdeadshot said:
OK, I have not read through post upon post of pro-/anti-Bush sentiments, but I think anybody who uses his daughter for political campaigning is an asshole! Think that 5 year old knows what that sign stands for? Sure not, maybe this will get people to think before trying a stupid stunt like this again! I'm not saying they're taking their kids into a warzone, but I think they're using them as human billboards without the kids being able to give proper consent.

Yea, that's why the guys who pushed her arround were heroes. This guys crime of having his daughter hold a sign is unforgivable. Thank goodness for the brave man in the green hat.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
You're silly...

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
You're silly...

no, you're silly!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I'm rubber you're glue....and some other things about you....or something....

100+ posts
100+ posts
That little girl's ass got sacked!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Mr. JLA'a on a roll!

100+ posts
100+ posts
I bet I could eat more rolls than you!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Can you eat more Freedom Fries?

100+ posts
100+ posts
I like to call them Frog Fries and I bet I could eat more of them than you even after my daily 9 pizzas.

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:

I know you are but what am I?

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Mr. JLA'a on a roll!

Can't take credit for this one!

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

Animalman said:
Mr. JLA'a on a roll!

Can't take credit for this one!

I like bacon fat on my rolls.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:

I know you are but what am I?

Oh yeah? You're a boogerhead times INFINITY!

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
I know you are but what am I infinity+1!

Oh and I'm glad to see Moore has desided to wiegh in on the issues.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard