Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#375708 2004-10-23 7:58 AM
whomod Offline OP
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

Jesse Ventura endorses Kerry

(video available at link)

ST. PAUL - Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.

The announcement was made during a 30-minute news conference at the State Office Building. The former Minnesota Governor was there, but did not make any comments.

Just days ago, Ventura had said that he did not plan to support Kerry or President Bush this election year.

Also at the news conference was former Maine Gov. Angus King, who was the only other third-party governor during Ventura's years in office. He said Ventura changed his mind and decided to endorse Kerry.

Organizers didn't even know Ventura was going to show up until the news conference started. He told reporters who followed him out to his car afterward that he'll be doing interviews in Los Angeles.

In the video, his stated reason for choosing Kerry were the debates. He said the tall one looked like the President.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts

Yikes, life after governor-hood must be pretty rough....

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Quote:

Jesse Ventura endorses Kerry

(video available at link)

ST. PAUL - Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.

The announcement was made during a 30-minute news conference at the State Office Building. The former Minnesota Governor was there, but did not make any comments.

Just days ago, Ventura had said that he did not plan to support Kerry or President Bush this election year.

Also at the news conference was former Maine Gov. Angus King, who was the only other third-party governor during Ventura's years in office. He said Ventura changed his mind and decided to endorse Kerry.

Organizers didn't even know Ventura was going to show up until the news conference started. He told reporters who followed him out to his car afterward that he'll be doing interviews in Los Angeles.

In the video, his stated reason for choosing Kerry were the debates. He said the tall one looked like the President.

Yes, all of this coming from Jesse The-Body-Who-Spent-All-Of-Minnesota's-Money Ventura.

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
LOL!

Classic.

This guy was the idol of most of you here as I recall.

Now suddenly, in the land of spin, he's gonna become some quack.

Kool-Aid.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Uh....who exactly said Jesse was their hero?

In any event, whomod, doesn't it bother you that, by your own post, Jesse said that he was voting for a President based on who was TALLER?

Seriously, when you start citing people so shallow that they vote on height to prove your "anti-Bush" point, haven't you pretty sunk to a point beneath all rational debate?

And you wonder why people accuse of having no real political philosophy other than Bush hatred.

Last edited by the G-man; 2004-10-23 11:09 AM.
whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Uh....who exactly said Jesse was their hero?

In any event, whomod, doesn't it bother you that, by your own post, Jesse said that he was voting for a President based on who was TALLER?

Seriously, when you start citing people so shallow that they vote on height to prove your "anti-Bush" point, haven't you pretty sunk to a point beneath all rational debate?

um... if you'd bother to read or watch the video, he also said he was to have a press conference in L.A. shortly to discuss his endorsement.

He also didn't say that he was voting for the TALLER canidate or endorsing Kerry because he was taller, (without mentioning the canidates by name) he said the taller one was the one who seemed more presidential. Which I think most of America also thought.

But i'm sure you're not concerned about that. The dig was the point.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
He said he was voting for the one who seemed more presidential.

In choosing a single quality to describe who seemed more presidential, he chose height.

Furthermore, your alternative interpretation points out that Ventura endorsed his candidate based on someones "seem"ing appearance, not his positions on the issues or any of the things one normally associates with a thoughtful choice for a candidate.

As I said before, this, along with your sudden embrace of Pat Robertson, demonstrate nothing but your own anti-Bush bias.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
First of all, whomod, could you post a link that will show where anyone here claimed that Ventura was his or her hero?

G-man asked you for the same, but you ducked him, as usual.

Quote:

In the video, his stated the reason for choosing Kerry were the debates. He said the tall one looked like the President.

So that's enough reason to vote for Kerry? Forget about the upcoming press conference that you mentioned, at the time you posted this, the "taller" comment was the only basis that you knew of for Ventura's endorsement...you don't think that's a tad pathetic?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Whoah, guys. Let's not get drawn into an argument here. And to be fair, I did see parts of the debate over here in England on BBC News 24 and Kerry did seem more presidential. And Bush-bashing may not be nice, but hey, it's understandable

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
when I become mod, the first thing I will do is delete all of whomods worthless posts.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You are going to be very busy, rex.

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
when I become mod, the first thing I will do is delete all of whomods worthless posts.

The poster boy for censorship?

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
He said he was voting for the one who seemed more presidential.

In choosing a single quality to describe who seemed more presidential, he chose height.

Furthermore, your alternative interpretation points out that Ventura endorsed his candidate based on someones "seem"ing appearance, not his positions on the issues or any of the things one normally associates with a thoughtful choice for a candidate.

As I said before, this, along with your sudden embrace of Pat Robertson, demonstrate nothing but your own anti-Bush bias.

G-Man. WAIT for the press conference that he mentioned. If AFTER that press conference, he says he choose Kerry specifically because of the debates and ONLY because of the debates and not because of any other issues (including height and appearance of Presidentiality), then you can complain.
As of now all you have is a hurried bunch of questions and answers tossed by reporters trying to catch Ventura as he sped off in his car.

What is wrong with some anti-Bush bias? I don't think you feel any pangs of sorrow or guilt over WBAM'S anti-Kerry bias.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
First of all, whomod, could you post a link that will show where anyone here claimed that Ventura was his or her hero?

Quote:

In the video, his stated the reason for choosing Kerry were the debates. He said the tall one looked like the President.

So that's enough reason to vote for Kerry? Forget about the upcoming press conference that you mentioned, at the time you posted this, the "taller" comment was the only basis that you knew of for Ventura's endorsement...you don't think that's a tad pathetic?

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Quote:

rex said:

The poster boy for censorship?

No, not censorship. I will delete all you posts where you try to derail threads and when you post long ass articles that no one gives a shit about.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
You are going to be very busy, rex.

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:

Quote:

*sigh*

I posted the Ventura endorses Kerry article because it was surprising and interesting news. Did I have to wait for him to finish his '40 points for Ventura's Endorsment' essay or something before I was allowed to post this?

Obviously you and G-Man are extremely bothered by it all seeing as how you have your fangs out.

What's pathetic is you reaching waaaay out there for something to fling. This is a big political story. Whether you think it deserves mention or not. All of the major media including FOX News ran the story despite the fact that all they knew was the "taller" comment. Do you think that's rather pathetic?? Why would it be?

Why Ventura himself is supporting Kerry is for Ventura himself to say. I'm sure there is more substance involved besides Kerry's height. All I know right now is that he's supporting Kerry. Good enough for me. It's a pretty big endorsment nonethless. And it's a story nonethless. I'll wait for him to articulate the why's later. And after that, it'll still be an interesting story, regardless if his reasons meet your approval or not.

And while "hero" may have been too strong a word, I've read several posts by the right-wingers here over time showing approval and even admiration of Gov. Ventura, his persona, his election, and his no-nonsense ways. All of this of course, before he went all "commie" on you all. Deny it if you want.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You have GOT to be an alt.

No sane person could post this stuff seriously.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No, whomod, the reason I, at least, have my "fangs" out is because it gets extremely tiresome watching you post completely esoteric and irrelevant bullshit about the President and the issues in this election.

For example, no one holds any illusions that you think the opinions of Pat Robertson and/or Jesse Ventura are worth a damn...until they something even remotely negative about President Bush, at which point, suddenly their opinions are gold.

Now, even that might be fair play if you were able to show some sort of relevance (for example: if you were able to tie a Bush-Robertson "spin" war into a discussion of whether or not there was a schism in the conservative wing of the GOP, or if you had cited a reason of Ventura's for supporting Kerry that didn't lie with personal appearance). But you don't even try to do that.

All you do is go (paraphrase) "LOOOOK!!!! Someone ELSE doesn't like Bush. Ohboyohboyohboy...my opinion is VALidated!!"

It doesn't matter who that person is, or whther or not he or she is against your opinions 99% of the time, or even whether or not the person otherwise a complete loon, as long as they agree with you THIS time, their opinion must be the "right" one.

Try analyzing things as something other than a high school populatrity contest sometime and maybe the rest of us won't roll our eyes and make derisive comments every time you post.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No kidding.

He thinks Robertson is "slighty schizo", but that doesn't stop whomod from using Robertson as a source in his never ending crusade against President Bush.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
First Pat Robertson now Jesse Ventura? Wow, we really are gonna win this aren't we? whomod, I guess, has decided to check his credibility at the door untill Nov.2.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
200+ posts
200+ posts
Why the fuck are we paying any attention at all to that fucking crackhead Ventura?

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
200+ posts
200+ posts
Quote:

Captain Cranky said:
Why the fuck are we paying any attention at all to that fucking crackhead Ventura?

Why the fuck are we paying any attention at all to that fucking crackhead Whomod?

Take it from me, I LOVE you!
200+ posts
200+ posts
The only problem I have with whomod is that he likes that meathead Jesse. That full time moronathon took one of the biggest surpluses in Minnesota state history and turned it into the biggest deficit in history, and whined like a little baby every time he was criticized. Hmmm, when he was mayor in Brooklyn Park, he almost ran the town into the ground, was run out on a rail, and complained about them too. Coincidence??? No, true track history of a crappy public servant who's just in it for the fame and fortune. Heaven help the world if this goober decides to run for president!

The sad part is, I watched the fool get elected. I went to a debate that Febroary, and Jesse presented himself the best, or the other seven dwarves just came off that bad compared to him. Jesse is a slick operator, I'll give him that much. No question he was a breath of fresh air in state politics, but the guy didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing! Minnesota had 4 years of Jesse being a celebrity governor, and the state finances went down the shitter, and of course Jesse says it's everyone's fault but his.

Naw, I'm not gonna fight with whomod. He just backed the wrong guy, is all. Nothing Jesse does should ever be covered by the media, he's a total meatball. Kerry is getting a lot of sane endorsements from credible celebrities, but Jesse Ventura is a fucking disaster.

Last edited by Captain Cranky; 2004-10-27 7:34 PM.

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
And while "hero" may have been too strong a word, I've read several posts by the right-wingers here over time showing approval and even admiration of Gov. Ventura, his persona, his election, and his no-nonsense ways. All of this of course, before he went all "commie" on you all. Deny it if you want.

i'll take the bullet here.

i commented a few times on how i liked ventura's stances on certain things -- most notably, his "one term only" notion, which i adopted here. that doesn't quite equate "hero" or "admiration" (or even "right-winger," for that matter).

no denials here. and no commie labeling.

i do think he started to go a little nutbally during his term, and there are many aspects i substantially disagree with. however, i did like his "i don't really care, this is how we're doing it" approach (better demonstrated, in my opinion, by giuliani).

Quote:

whomod said:
Obviously you and G-Man are extremely bothered by it all seeing as how you have your fangs out.

we've spoken about this before, whomod.

you really need to relax a bit when it comes to these threads. people questioning why you're posting something or what you meant by your post does not mean they're attacking you. similarly, saying "___ was never a big fan" of ventura doesn't mean "he's a commie."

[condescening teacher]there are ways of going about discussion, debate, and getting your point across to those who disagree. i often don't see those from you.[/condescening teacher]

Quote:

the G-man said:
No, whomod, the reason I, at least, have my "fangs" out is because it gets extremely tiresome watching you post completely esoteric and irrelevant bullshit about the President and the issues in this election.

not to bandwagon, but i agree.

most of the time, posters calling you out on your posts has very little to do with the point your expressing, but moreso, how you're expressing (or stretching) it. there are dozens of posters on these boards that are against dubya, ranging from disagree to hate. throw wendesday in there and steve and spandexman and mem and many, many others.

never are their posts so difficult to get through, or so filled with hate. they state their opinion, the other half states theirs. on things we butt heads ( uh huhuhuhuh) on, they agree to disagree, and its most always cordially.

it makes for a much more friendly and debate-worthy atmosphere, once you remove the 30 consecutive LOL graemlins.

Quote:

whomod said:
Why Ventura himself is supporting Kerry is for Ventura himself to say. I'm sure there is more substance involved besides Kerry's height. All I know right now is that he's supporting Kerry. Good enough for me. I'll wait for him to articulate the why's later.

i must say, this is pretty poor.

he says he's supporting kerry (without ever even refering to him by name??), listed no clarification, and thats good enough for you? thats not exactly a resounding endorsement, from either ventura or yourself. why don't you wait until he says why, before jumping to agree?

Quote:

whomod said:
And after that, it'll still be an interesting story, regardless if his reasons meet your approval or not.

this, i'll buy.

giant picture
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
[condescening teacher]there are ways of going about discussion, debate, and getting your point across to those who disagree. i often don't see those from you.[/condescening teacher]

Out of curiosity, Miss Kaufampshen, who exactly do you often see those ways from on these boards?

And that's terrible.
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
[condescening teacher]mr and mrs velo. i don't believe your son pays attention in class. if he intends to complete 4th grade, he'll need to focus.[/condescening teacher]

see above post for some samples.

giant picture
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I'm sorry, ma'am, but you taught me not to read the entirety of posts that have a lot of words.

And that's terrible.

Link Copied to Clipboard