5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
From CBR:

BATMAN BEGINS, DEADPOOL, SON OF THE MASK, THOR: NOVEMBER 9 COMIC REEL WRAP

by Hannibal Tabu, Staff Writer

Posted: November 9, 2004

BATMAN BEGINS

The team at Comics Continuum caught the "Batman Begins" panel at Wizard World Texas, and rustled up some news. First, director Christopher Nolan is about three weeks away from completing his first cut on Batman Begins, screenwriter David Goyer said. "I've been watching the dailies, and it's going along really well," Goyer said. "Chris is very intense and focused and very private and he's just locked away in the editing room. can say that it's going to be the Batman film I'm sure any one of you always wished would have been made. For me, it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience." Of course, sequel talk is already in the air before this film is even done. "On one hand, we're really tempted not to do another one, to do the one and walk away," Goyer said. "Theres been rumors on the Net, and there really isn't any truth to them. I was talking to Chuck (Roven), one of the producers, just yesterday, and they're really interested in Chris doing another one. Chris won't even talk about it until he finishes this cut, so they're going to bring it up in January. Warner Bros. has said to me, 'Don't be surprised if we come at you with the Brink's truck and say we want another one.' I wouldn't do it if Chris didn't, and I don't know if Chris would. Why does he need to? We definitely set it up and kind of provided Warner Bros. a rough plan of what the next three movies would be. So it's not like we'll do one and then figure on the next. There is a road map of what the next three movies would be and who the various characters would be."

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Now I'm really interested.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I read somewhere that the fourth movie is the Batman VS Superman movie. But that is all dependant on the movie getting approved.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
I have a real problem with the VS part. Actually, I have a problem with puting them in the same movie, without Wonderwoman. I mean, it's just not possible.

RDCW Profile

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:
I have a real problem with the VS part. Actually, I have a problem with puting them in the same movie, without Wonderwoman. I mean, it's just not possible.

They'd need the same actors if they were to ever continue a franchise.

Sort of like the Elektra spin-off from Daredevil. They got Jennifer Garner to reprise her role.

If they added Wonderwoman as a character, they would (hopefully) need to keep her for any potential sequels or spin-offs.

That's why the WB fucked up when they cast Helle Barry as this Patience Price/Catwoman character. Now the general public thinks Catwoman is Halle Barry, and that she has metaphysical powers. When and if Selena Kyle shows up as a thief, and a mere human at that, they might get confused.

Non

I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
That's why I didn't see it.

And because it looks like it sucks rectum.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
And it had that horribly unfunny Mrs Swan character from the otherwise tolerable MadTV.

Also, cats are stupid.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
200+ posts
200+ posts
Those bozos are so caught up in creating a franchise, that they are fucking up the idea that the first one has to be good. Marvel was talking the same game with Daredevil, but the movie sucked donkey balls. Nobody is exactly lined up to see Daredevil 2:Electric Boogaloo, are they?

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Captain Cranky said:
Those bozos are so caught up in creating a franchise, that they are fucking up the idea that the first one has to be good. Marvel was talking the same game with Daredevil, but the movie sucked donkey balls. Nobody is exactly lined up to see Daredevil 2:Electric Boogaloo, are they?

The director of Daredevil ripped off so many Batman images I almost choked on my own vomit.

The scene where Daredevil takes off his uniform and his back is riddled with stab wounds and bullet scars. Alex Ross painted that scene in Batman: War on Crime, almost 6 years ago.

The image of a "horned" shadow rising on an alley wall to spook fleeing criminals. Again, a reoccuring Batman image.

The swinging from rooftop to rooftop via grappling hooks. They never really showed this accurately in any of the Batman films, though. Hopefully they'll get it right with this one.

For Jebus' sake, the scene where all the bats come flying out of the organ pipes... I think the director really wanted to do a Batman film but took on the "next best thing" (::choke::), a Daredevil flick.

Non

I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
I read a review of the Dardevil Derctor's Cut. They may have killed the movie to make it PG13. It was originally made to be R. The Director's Cut has about 30 minutes of additional footage, including the missing scenes that showed how Murdoch discovered Fisk was Kingpin. I am looking forward to seeing this. If I'm right, this makes it a completely different movie.

RDCW Profile

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
IGN gave the directors cut a 7 out of ten.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.

Link Copied to Clipboard