2000+ posts
CLONER OF POSTS!

The Leg Breakerer: Kung Fu Masta!!!
Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Whatever!

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts

The Leg Breakerer: Kung Fu Masta!!!
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
the issue i have is that birth control pills aren't always used as contraception. my ex-wif used to use birth control pills to regulate her cycle (without them she had her period once every two weeks...and that sucked) and missing a day would have been disastrous.

i can understand this pharmacist's dilemna, but she should have given people warning (a month at least), as Uschi said.

I mentioned that previously. One of my sisters has a condition like that. Ovarian cysts and something else. She had to take birth control pills for years (then got preggers and the problems are clearing! woo!).

Still, it is likely the diagnosis was on the Rx. Sometimes the docs even request the diagnosis on the product label (always for control subst.)

Don't knock pharmacutical knowledge. They are very very smart people. And their job is SO much more that just filling perscription requests from little bottles. Even in non compounding pharmacies (ie Walgreens, etc.).

The RPhD in question should indeed be persecuted for violating that customer's rights. A pharmacist has no right to confiscate a perscription that is not obviously a fraudulent Rx.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
I'm saying you can argue when life starts to the end of the earth and not convince someone who believes differently than you. Life is mysterious. Are fire and viruses alive? Who knows. Are fertilized eggs? I think so, but who really KNOWS?

Now this is the kinda talk that makes me wanna marry you.

Seriously, that post best illustrates why I'm totally against abortion. The fact that we don't really know for sure whether or not the tissue is non-living (and yet we still perform abortions anyway) proves that abortion is murder even if, in the end, it's not living. Because the fact of the matter is we're willing to take that risk--The risk that we're killing children.

betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
Beautiful.

...you tell stories, we tell lies.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
FDA REVIVES PILL HOPES

The government is considering allowing over-the-counter sales of the morning-after pill to women age 18 and older.

The surprise move yesterday revives efforts to widen access to the emergency contraceptive almost a year after it was thought doomed.

The Food and Drug Administration notified manufacturer Barr Pharmaceuticals Inc. that it wanted to meet within seven days to iron out new steps the company must take in its three-year battle to sell the pill, called Plan B, without a prescription to at least some women.

The FDA said a final decision could be reached within weeks, if talks with Barr go well.

The announcement came just 24 hours before President Bush's nominee to lead the regulatory agency, Dr. Andrew von Eschenbach, was scheduled to appear before a Senate committee, where he was expected to face grilling on why the morning-after pill had apparently gone into bureaucratic limbo.

The pill is a high dose of regular birth control that, taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, can lower the risk of pregnancy by up to 89 percent.

Advocates and doctors groups say easier access to a pill now available by prescription only could halve the nation's 3 million annual unintended pregnancies, and FDA's own scientists say the pills are safe.

In December 2003, the agency's independent scientific advisers overwhelmingly backed nonprescription sales for all ages.

But the FDA rejected that recommendation, citing concern about young teens' use of the pills without a doctor's guidance. Barr reapplied, asking that women 16 and older be allowed to buy Plan B without a prescription and setting up a program for pharmacists to enforce the age rule, just as they now enforce age restrictions on cigarette sales. The FDA last August postponed a decision indefinitely, but yesterday reversed itself, citing overwhelming positive public comments.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Washington Times

The manufacturer of the "morning-after" pill, along with some women's groups, Democratic lawmakers and medical organizations say the government's decision to allow over-the-counter sales of the drug to those 18 and older is only a partial victory and that they will push for unrestricted access for younger girls as well.

The 60,000-member American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) called the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) ruling Thursday allowing adults to buy the pill, called Plan B, without a prescription "an important first step" that "only goes halfway."

"Emergency contraception will remain out of reach for sexually active teens 17 and younger because they will still be required to obtain a prescription for the medication," AAP said.

The FDA said Barr Pharmaceuticals showed that Plan B is safe and effective when used by women 18 and older, but data on whether the pill is safe in 17-year-olds who are not under doctor's supervision is not definitive. FDA officials said their decision to restrict over-the-counter sales to those 18 and older was largely a "practical" one based on the fact that 18 is commonly associated with maturity.

A number of Democratic women in Congress, including Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Patty Murray of Washington and Reps. Carolyn B. Maloney and Louise M. Slaughter of New York, have said the FDA needs to re-examine the age restrictions.

This is an example of the problem I have with much of the pro-choice movement, even though I lean pro-choice in many areas.

They are never willing to compromise or agree to any restrictions on abortion or contraceptives, even though we recognize the legitimacy of government regulation of other medical procedures or drugs.

Abortions are a medical procedure. The morning after pill is a contraceptive that is also a drug.

There are many, many, medical procedures or substances that we prevent minors from having without parental consent. Most people, most of the time, recognize the sense of having parental consent for medical treatment. However, as soon as--and only when--that medical treatment is abortion, the concept of "parental consent" goes out the window.

Bacontwat!!
100+ posts
Bacontwat!!
100+ posts
That's cockgay!!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard