Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=7986&p=1

Quote:

CHRIS BENOIT TALKS ABOUT AMERICAN DRAGON, HART, HIS 'NEW' HOMETOWN, WHY HE LEFT WCW, AND MORE
by Buck Woodward @ 3:00:00 PM on 1/28/2005

The LilsBoys of Sun Online (UK) have just posted a transcript of a long chat they had with Chris Benoit while he was overseas promoting the Royal Rumble.

You can read the full chat by clicking here.

Here are some excerpts from the chat:

On how important Stu Hart was to his career: "I definitely wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for Stu. He gave me my first break in the industry and was a huge influence on me. He was a great role model and I spent a lot of time talking to him. He also educated me in how to carry myself outside of the ring and in the locker room, which is a very important part of the business. My favorite memory of Stu was watching him in the Dungeon with 6'6, 380lb gym rats who could bench 500lbs. They'd walk in there pounding their chests and come out wimpering. He would make them suffer. Stu stretched me, but he wouldn't lay into me as hard as he would them because he realized they didn't have any respect for what they were doing. If someone came in with any type of attitude Stu would straighten them out right away - and I used to love watching him do it!"

On wrestling Bret Hart in the Owen Hart tribute match on Nitro: "I was very emotional and I get goosebumps just talking about it. For Bret to come up to me and say, "I want you to do this for me, my family and my brother," meant so much. People always ask me, "what's your greatest match?" WrestleMania XX defined who I was, but the most meaningful bout was that Owen Hart tribute match at Kemper Arena in Kansas City. We got there at around 1pm and I remember walking in and watching Bret standing in the middle of the arena, just looking up. I was a lot closer to Owen than I was to Bret. I broke in with him, we went to Mexico, Japan and Europe together. I spent a lot of time with Owen and his death was a tragedy."

On leaving WCW after winning the World Title: "I just had to get out of there! I told them I wanted to leave long before I won the belt. There were so many negative things going on and I was really unhappy. I wasn't the only one who wanted to leave either. Bill Busch was running WCW at the time and when we originally went in to ask for our releases there were 21 of us. When Bill walked into the room there were 12, when our backs were against the wall there were five and when push came to shove it was just me, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn. I've tried to erase that WCW title win over Sid Viscous from my memory. It's not that I didn't like Sid or the match, but because it was such a negative time in my life. I may have been the champion, but it meant nothing. If you were that miserable in a job, hated it so much, took your work home and were miserable at home and had no happiness in your life - would it be a risk to leave?"

On why WWE bills him from Atlanta, Georgia now, instead of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: "I spoke to Vince McMahon about it and he told me that was the direction the company wanted to go in. And this is what I do for a living, this is how I feed my family and pay my bills. Some people were up in arms saying I sold out - but are they going to sign my next check? Are they going to feed my kids? I'm Chris Benoit from Edmonton and that's never going to change, but the company want to say that I now reside in Atlanta. And that's the truth, I do live there, so I don't have a problem with it."

His opinion on American Dragon Bryan Danielson: "Yes, I still sit down now and watch tapes from around the world. I enjoy watching each and every style because pro wrestling is art. I love Bryan Danielson's style and he's very talented. I think he's doing the right thing by wrestling in a whole lot of the independents, which is very similar to what me, Eddie, Dean and William Regal did. I think the day's going to come when Bryan is a major star in the US. Another guy I'm really excited for is Davey Boy Smith's son Harry, who's over in Japan right now. He's got a great look and is an absolutely incredible wrestler. Mark my words, he's going to be a huge star."

The chat also includes comments from Benoit on his relationship with Dynamite Kid, his matches with Kurt Angle, Bret Hart possibly returning to WWE, his Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania victories from last year, and who he would want to face at Wrestlemania this year.

Remember, you can read the full chat by clicking here.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Poor Nowhereman.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Atlanta has a way better ring to it than Alberta........Alberta sounds like an ugly old lady..........plus it's Canadian........and as we all know if something isn't American ...it is complete shit.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
And the fact Vince has forced Benoit to do this makes it all better how exactly?
I never said Chris sold out,I knew why he did it,I said I'm not happy that WWE feels the need to make anyone who is popular into an American!
Sorry bsams,but as am American its totally understandable that you cant grasp the concept of national pride for any country other than your own!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
And the fact Vince has forced Benoit to do this makes it all better how exactly?
I never said Chris sold out,I knew why he did it,I said I'm not happy that WWE feels the need to make anyone who is popular into an American!
Sorry bsams,but as am American its totally understandable that you cant grasp the concept of national pride for any country other than your own!

you need to re-read, vince didnt force anyone he said he asked vince about the change, vince explained it to him and "but the company want to say that I now reside in Atlanta. And that's the truth, I do live there, so I don't have a problem with it" doesnt sound forced sounds like he understands, he doesnt take it as a slight. as far as national pride who gives a fuck, my nation is defined by who or who doesnt live here anymore, if my only pride comes from wether a wrestler says he's from a city in my country or another country i am seriously fucked!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Yes he asked Vince why it was done,which means initially he wasnt too happy about it.
Why would he ask if he thought it was fine?

And as for the national pride thing look at WWE,we are constantly bombarded with "USA propaganda" which is fine,but why should it be at the expense of other nations?
Why are La Resistance heels just because of their nationality?

The fact is this,Vince McMahon is that xenophobic that he cant handle having a guy who is a popular champion being from anywhere other than the USA.
The question isnt why isnt Benoit upset? The question isnt why are the fans upset? The question is why did McMahon feel the necessity to do this after Benoit had been in the business for 18 years as a Canadian,but when he made champion he had to have his nationality changed!
McMahon is insecure & xenophobic,its obvious!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I'm xenophobic too.....I hate small spaces.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Yes he asked Vince why it was done,which means initially he wasnt too happy about it.

And as for the national pride thing look at WWE,we are constantly bombarded with "USA propaganda" which is fine,but why should it be at the expense of other nations?

The fact is this,Vince McMahon is that xenophobic that he cant handle having a guy who is a popular champion being from anywhere other than the USA.
The question isnt why isnt Benoit upset? The question isnt why are the fans upset? The question is why did McMahon feel the necessity to do this after Benoit had been in the business for 18 years as a Canadian,but when he made champion he had to have his nationality changed!

he's insecure? your the one that has the problem with it, read all your posts about it. agasin you need to read benoits interview again, you say he wasn't happy about it. i dont read that. i read that he asked vince about it. vince explained why , he evidently accepts the reasoning, your the one who can't. i think id look pretty foolish if i whined about Roddy Piper being billed from Scotland, I dont understand why you dont realize how silly it sounds when you complain about this.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

Maybe you should boycott his product, then.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Did Vince really force Benoit or did Vince tell Benoit to do it and Benoit never complained? I think there's a big difference between the two.

And speaking as someone who's not an American, and someone who's tired of all the strained nationalism everytime a fil-am tries to compete in "American" idol - I don't mind if an industry(that's ripe with pretense and gimmicks) wants to announce me as hailing from Zimbabwe, especially if that's were I live right now. I think most of my countrymen will be pissed because they can't share the glory, but I'll just say fuck it and invite them over to my house where I can lock them in a crippler crossface.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
thats all im sayin.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

he's insecure? your the one that has the problem with it, read all your posts about it. agasin you need to read benoits interview again, you say he wasn't happy about it. i dont read that. i read that he asked vince about it. vince explained why , he evidently accepts the reasoning, your the one who can't. i think id look pretty foolish if i whined about Roddy Piper being billed from Scotland, I dont understand why you dont realize how silly it sounds when you complain about this.

Why do I keep going on about it?
Maybe cause you keep posting stuff like this to make me reply.
When was the last time I mentioned this?

And as for why I read that Benoit was initially upset or at least confused by the change,is that he "asked" Vince "why"........if he wasnt bothered why did he ask?
Roddy Piper is a different case entirely,he has built his whole career on being Scottish,and thats fine,its his character.
He wasnt a big name being pushed as Canadian only to suddenly become Scottish.
Ditto for HHH,being American has been part of his character for so long.
Being American is not key to Benoits change so why the change?
And thats the whole point of this,why the change,what point did it serve?
When JBL changed from Texas to New York it was for a reason that was key to the character.
If its so "unimportant" why did Vince feel it had to be changed?
I'd have no problem with the change if there was a reason behind it,but as it stands it just stinks of xenophobia.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

Quote:

Nowhereman said:

And as for why I read that Benoit was initially upset or at least confused by the change,is that he "asked" Vince "why"........if he wasnt bothered why did he ask?
Roddy Piper is a different case entirely,he has built his whole career on being Scottish,and thats fine,its his character.
When JBL changed from Texas to New York it was for a reason that was key to the character.
I'd have no problem with the change if there was a reason behind it,but as it stands it just stinks of xenophobia.

there was no change in Benoit, he was still born in Canada and everytime they go their or emntion canada they talk about his heritage, it's not covered up. HHH wasnt always american he was a snobbish brit for quite awhile. if vince was xenophobic he would cover up benoits citizenship not to promos about his canadian heritage everytime they went to canada. last time they showed paradexs and the promo package after hye was champ was extensive with his canadian background.i think your the xenophobe, because it only matters to you where the ring announcer says someone is from....

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Vince is a homophobe? no way!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

Quote:

Nowhereman said:

there was no change in Benoit, he was still born in Canada and everytime they go their or emntion canada they talk about his heritage, it's not covered up. HHH wasnt always american he was a snobbish brit for quite awhile. if vince was xenophobic he would cover up benoits citizenship not to promos about his canadian heritage everytime they went to canada. last time they showed paradexs and the promo package after hye was champ was extensive with his canadian background.i think your the xenophobe, because it only matters to you where the ring announcer says someone is from....

I think you are just trying to create an argument for no fucking reason.
I dunno why you keep dredging this one up saying that I keep going on about it,probably cause you decided I did something wrong once & its now your job to strike me from the Natureboy charter or something.
I said my piece ages ago & you said yours,neither of us agreed & it was laid to rest but you decided to once again bring it up!
Get over it!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I just came for the free beer.

P.S.

The American Crippler still rules!

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
consider yourself stricken from the natureboy charter!

1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
I think I need to take a swim in lake ME!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
First the RAW review, now this.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
MRJLA would you please send the preceding thread to the charter comitteee for review!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Done and done.

That RAW tease was simply too much!

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
MisterJLA, Please dump this thread in Deep Thoughts - I don't do amateur dramatics!

I shit on Hogan!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
There's only one solution to this: hunt down Now here man, and beat him within an inch of his life with a tube sock filled with quarters.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I like Nowhereman's style, but I gotta disagree with the 'champs are all Americans' thing.

William Regal wasn't american, or even vaguely america, and he was tag team champion with Eugene. Surely, McMahon would have tried to make him more american if he had a problem with that?

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

SpandexMonkeyMan said:
I like Nowhereman's style, but I gotta disagree with the 'champs are all Americans' thing.

William Regal wasn't american, or even vaguely america, and he was tag team champion with Eugene. Surely, McMahon would have tried to make him more american if he had a problem with that?

He did. While he was champion they hailed him to be from Sioux Falls, South Dakota.......he even claimed he was a Native American and wore a little Indian Thong.....you would have loved it.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Regal in a thong.... :shudder:

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Regal has never been heavyweight champ.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
...only the champion of my heart!

I shit on Hogan!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Regal has never been heavyweight champ.

Tag champion, you bloody git!

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Harsh!

I shit on Hogan!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Cunt!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
RACK Stupid Dogg

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Quote:

Cunt!

Thank you.

I shit on Hogan!
200+ posts
200+ posts
My tubesock is full of my own semen.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Is it all your semen?

I shit on Hogan!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Drzsmith said:
My tubesock is full of my own semen.

God bless the tubesock.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.

Link Copied to Clipboard