Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Or Morrison. Or... um...

Morrison is pretty good!

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Yes he is.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Just because judd winick is a fucking AIDS propogandist, doesn't mean that Bendis sucks also.

Yet somehow they both do suck!

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Shut up pariah.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Whatever you say, Oakley.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Bendis doesn't suck..his storytelling technique doesn't work for all stories though..I liked the first 50 issues of ultimate spidey...powers was good while i read it and new avengers is great...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Whatever you say, Oakley.

WHOA, CALM DOWN, BUDDY!

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Just because judd winick is a fucking AIDS propogandist, doesn't mean that Bendis sucks also.

Actually Bendis does suck.

Pick a good example....Like say Brian K. Vaughn.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I haven't read that many of his comics, but he is good.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
His matches malone story in batman was one of the best bat stories in ten years..

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
Bendis doesn't suck..his storytelling technique doesn't work for all stories though..I liked the first 50 issues of ultimate spidey...powers was good while i read it and new avengers is great...

I actually really liked his Daredevil run, though it reads a lot better in TPB than individual issues. I also liked Torso. A lot of his other stuff, however, is too slow paced even for my tastes, and I usually prefer the slower paced stuff.

He and Millar are the two most overhyped and overrated writers out there, in my opinion.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Bendis's Daredevil is probably one of the all time greatest runs in comics.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
ultimate sis good and a few of bendis'things are good..they aren't morrison or moore though..not even close..i think millar is still mad that his best loved stories were ghost written by morrison..hahahahahhah

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
His matches malone story in batman was one of the best bat stories in ten years..

I agree with Pig Iron.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
I on the other hand can't agree with anything that anybody says. Especially when they agree with me!

Get the fuck out!
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
I got the comic (Batman 638) and read it today. Although I hate that DC continuously brings back the dead and I hate that they desecrated the sanctity of killing Jason Todd - the bigest thing to happen to Batman since his parents' deaths - I liked it. I like it for one reason and one reason only: Jason got to get revenge. He got to beat the fuck outta Joker with a goddamn crowbar. THAT's funny. That's what Babs never got to do. Just for that bit right there, I'm cool with it. That was damn fine.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
babs should get to rape the joker for revenge!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's a pretty fucked up and stupid reason, especially considering the way the book characterized Joker.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
That's a pretty fucked up and stupid reason, especially considering the way it characterized Joker.

Well, seeing as he's fucked off to a nunnary to brood over his loss of power in Gotham since he was kicked about by Hush and seems to be on the downswing of his semi-permenant Manic, I'd say they were trying to establish a new mental state for Joker. Like it or not, it's happening. They revealed his fucking origin, fer chrissakes. And after the awkward-ass way he was made to act in the storyarc Hush, this seems to be playing out somewhat logically, IMO.

Last Laugh he gets all riled up to take out the world 'cause he's gonna die. Then he gets killed (like that's never happened ) by severe beating and rec... brought back alive. Then he gets in cahoots with Hush to try and make Batman kill him without doing anything wrong (at that point in time) = beat the fuck up. Then someone gives him his past in solid terms, there's a guy and he killed Joker's wife and kid = outlet for dealing with Joker's origional 'one bad day' and revenge for his former self's emotional distress. = no longer the prick we know and love, Joker just got to do something about life's ultimate joke. He got to turn it around and get a sort of justice out of it.

As much as I hate that story, it did a shitload to open up for character changes. It's like the controversy about Joe Cool and Batman. Joe Cool's death could have (if it weren't for the need to sell the comics) destroyed The Bat-Man. He could have found reason to give up vigilante justice and join the police force. He could have decided 'oh fuck, we are both killers' and quit alltogether for a life of brooding without the escapades on the rooftops. Lots could have happened and there's buckets of innane internet chatter to back that up (DCMB had a couple threads about it pre-MB-crisis).

Back on subject, now Joker is open to basically any kind of new mental or emotional state a writer could desire. He's an open book. Just like when Harley was first introduced, this is new territory for the Joker's character. Only, unlike with Harley, this new change is regarding the core of his dementia. So when Hush comes and challanges Joker and kicks him down, they decided to swing Joker from manic to depressive. He's not the same guy anymore - they made that blatent when he strips off his suit and wanders back to his past to live. Not a pretty sight and not at all what I would have wanted in a billion years, but it happened. And it's something I've decided to come to terms with in order to continue enjoying comics. So when Jason Todd returns and tracks Joker to his pity-party in the old amusement park and beats him up with a crowbar, kicking the man while he's down as justice for Jason's life-ending adventure with Uncle J, I find it almost poetic in hjow gleeful it is that finally someone gets one in on the impervious Joker.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Whether or not it's correct to current continuity (which, inexplicably, is totally ignorant of the not retconned continuity that came before it--That, BTW, this current cont. still uses as its backdrop) is not the concern. Joker is a horrible stupid dumbass character now. A fucking joke. Exactly what he didn't want to be ever again. They killed a good thing--Leiberman killed a good thing, and Winnick decided to procrastinate. That's not something I can enjoy especially since his change was, actually, unabbreviated and unsubstantiated in the first place.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Like I said, I've decided to come to terms with that since there's nothing I can do about it and like reading Batman comics. So that is not my issue. It's not like I don't still have all my good Joker comics. And they seem to want everything in the Bat comics to change (even quality!).

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And in that rite I think you've sold out. I don't change my tastes according to the writer's whim, I likes what I likes and I don't tolerate what I don't likes or else the writer will get the idea that he's shitting gold when really it's just regular ol' shit.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
babs should get to rape the joker for revenge!

With a crowbar!

No! No! With a wheelchair!

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Sellout schmellout. I quit reading Batman comics and realized, 'I miss reading Batman comics.' So I'm buying them again. I don't like what they do a lot of the time, but it's still, at the core, one of my favorite characters.

During the Hush run I wanted nothing but to read a Batman comic I liked. So, for a long-ass time, I've been working on just that. Two thirds of it are posted on my website, the rest will be there sooner or later. I learned a couple things during this time. I suck at writing, that's the first thing. The other thing - continuity is boring. I mean the nit-picky bits. I don't want to research through my comic collection to decide what kinda underwear to make Green Lantern wear. Major continuity is valuable, but if I didn't read or like the story I didn't use it. Three, static characters are good for starting out because you know who they are and they fit and you can be lazy while writing them. It would take a good writer to make a progression in the character - even if it makes a lot of us mad because it's a fucking stupid progression. Sometimes it works. I like how they made Penguin be just Oswald Cobblepot. I like that Catwoman doesn't wear an ugly purple unitard and I like that she finally got a damn haircut. I hate that they've neutered Joker's character but thems the apples.

It's just one world in the comics I love. This is just Batman. I have a bunch of series of comics that are pristine and beautiful in their stability of character. Those series stopped at the right time. Batman never stopped. Although it would be nice and would feel wonderful to always pick up a Batman comic and have everything the same as always, there would be no writers willing to work like that. It's stupid. I still wish they'd put in more one-shots because those are better than any story arc I have ever read, but maybe someone will do those again in the future. They didn't stop the Batman franchise so it has to move onward. We have the ability now to buy and save our favorite comics. They will always exist. That doesn't mean we should always have the same thing. If Kelly Jones and whoever the fuck wrote for him were on Batman forever I would shoot myself. Things happen and I'm sure Batman will turn once more towards my tastes sometime in the next ten years or so. In the meantime I'll just enjoy what I can out of what they are producing and find my comic thrills and amazement in the other books in other 'universes.'

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm not nitpicking shit Uschi. These comic characters are no longer the ones that I fell in love with. I'm not saying change is bad, but if you're gonna do it, make sure you be smart about it and make sure you're not changing the wrong things--Not to mention support your changes with the previous character. There's nothing about them that I like or are similar to what I liked, which is why I started reading them. And as far as I can see, that's pretty much the case with you and you're putting up with it just to see a guy in a Bat-suit. You're not even using Mxy's backdrop here (story).

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
I'm not nitpicking shit Uschi.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying anything about your comments with that. I was mostly thinking DCMB and myself.

Quote:

These comic characters are no longer the ones that I fell in love with.

Me either. It really crushed me when they destroyed Joker. It was the last straw and my enjoyment of Batman comics will mever again reach such levels as it has for the previous whole of my life.

Quote:

I'm not saying change is bad, but if you're gonna do it, make sure you be smart about it and make sure you're not changing the wrong things--Not to mention support your changes with the previous character. There's nothing about them that I like or are similar to what I liked, which is why I started reading them. And as far as I can see, that's pretty much the case with you and you're putting up with it just to see a guy in a Bat-suit.

Yeah. I know. But that is the way it is and, like I mentioned, there isn't a fucking thing I can do about it. And there's no reason for me to give up because of a storybook. The Batman comics used to be my life. Now they're just an entertaining distraction. I can't afford to put any stock in a bulk-rate comic so I won't anymore.

Quote:

You're not even using Mxy's backdrop here (story).

Ummmmmmmmmm you lost me here.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Just clarification. These changes aren't microscopic like GL's underwear. They're HUGE changes based on blatant mistakes. Even so, the psychology within the Bat books should not be passed over like so much worthless jargin. It's important enough to the whole purpose of the characters to go over with a fine tooth comb.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi
Ummmmmmmmmm you lost me here.

Eh. Inside joke. He'll know what I mean. It's irrelevent.

Anyway.....Fine. But you're bein' all dumb n' stuff.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Just clarification. These changes aren't microscopic like GL's underwear.

I know that. It was just something I realized while attempting my own full-legnth comic. Again, I was refering to the DCMB and myself in that.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Anyway.....Fine. But you're bein' all dumb n' stuff.

Yeah? Well you're a stupid fat-head.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
*obligatory "get a room" post*

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Kay fine. I'm gonna go eat breakfast. So fuck off.

200+ posts
200+ posts
I'm starting to believe what someone once said in a letters column, that the only comic book characters that stay dead are Bruce Wayne's parents.

At least I knew how to kill Batfreak repeatedly with a more sadistic style, and even though Stupidman ended my reign, he absorbed Batfreak's bitter aftertaste and therefore had to get a therapist.

Never send a comic hack to do a psychopath's job.

Last edited by Emperor Joker; 2005-04-02 4:36 PM.

Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps! Cross-eyed mosquitoes, and bow-legged ants! I come before you to stand behind you. To tell you a story I know nothing about. One bright morning, in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other, drew their swords, and shot each other. If you do not belive this lie, it's true! Ask the blind lady on the corner! She saw it, too! It's a Joker world, baby, you just live in it! Kaz said: Emperor Joker, you rule.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Get a... nevermind.

200+ posts
200+ posts
"I win again!"

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
They killed Barry Allen. They villified and killed Hal Jordon. They killed Maxie Zeus. They forgot Garfield Lynns. They destroyed Joker. They've retardified Scarecrow. Some of them have even defamed Batman's character. DC is nothing but an entertaining distraction, any merit I found inherent in the books I first read and enjoyed has been raped of it's beauty. It's a collection of storybooks starring my favorite pajama guy. Why make it into anything more? Why expect anything more? It's just comics. Not art, not literature, just comics.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

Goddess of the Universe
200+ posts
Goddess of the Universe
200+ posts
Holy crap on a cracker ... Rex and I FINALLY AGREE ON SOMETHING!!! THE WORLD'S COMING TO A FUCKING END!!!!

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
?

What do we agree on? Seriously, I don't know what post your commenting on.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i think you guys agree capt marvel ripped off superman.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Because he's a goddamn villain. He killed those guys.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard