Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 132 of 137 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 136 137
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
When are the new episodes starting? Exact date?

My guess is that BBC America airs it on your side of the pond. Look at their website.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
BBC doesn't air it on Lothar's house. Because they hate him.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
cuz he gay.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
the lothar kind of gay.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Two things.

Somehow, we missed that Carolina John (Liz Shaw) passed away back in June.

Moffat has announced that Diane Rigg (Emma Peel) and daughter will appear in the second half of next season in a story written by Mark Gatiss. Whoo!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
New Who this weekend. Asylum of the Daleks, airs Saturday, 1 September.

JSA,is Pro coming back to talk to us about the new episodes?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Also, Mary Tamm died last month. She played Romana. \:\(

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
It was alright.

Warning, Spoiler:
Doctor, Amy, And Rory taken by the Daleks. To a sort a Planet the Daleks keep all their broken or dysfunctional Daleks on. The call it the Asylum. The regular Daleks are apparently scared to go down there to turn off the forcefield so they can destroy the planet So the need the Doctor and His companions. Add in some emotional bullshit between Rory and Amy and a Dalek that thinks its a genius human girl and you have an episode

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I liked the episode. I kind of saw through the whole twist-y thing from the start, but it's still enjoyable. One the one hand, the Amy-rory as companions status quo is preserved (even the reveal that they've split up is undone within the episode)...

...but on the other hand, it introduced a pretty big change in the doctor's story, since now the doctor is no longer the nightmare of the daleks (not going to bitch about it, the story kind of justified it as the daleks getting stronger and stronger being the doctor's fault, since they're doing it out of fear)

With Oswyn, though, wasn't she supposed to be the announced new companion? Is this a swerve or are we going to meet a past version of Oswyn? Kind of makes it like the River Song situation a bit, as the doctor will already know what happens to her in the future.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I liked it as well. Not the best Matt Smith episode or even Dalek episode, but I like the fact that it's pushing further and further away from RTD's Dalek stories. No more 'holes in time' they have to keep falling through. It's also good to know that we're going to get just plain fucking evil Daleks without everything they do as some vendetta against the Doctor an attempt to rebuild the race. Wasn't happy about turning people into Daleks as the whole point of them was that Nazi purity thing they had going, but it's no deal breaker.

That chick is supposed to be back in the Christmas special. We'll see how they play that one out.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Some timey wimey travel could solve all that.

So far I like the new chick as a companion more than I liked some of the other companions.

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Finally, got out of my mind-numbed hangover from a day worth of beer and college football to watch this. I liked it. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not the Oswin character will be the same as the companion. It may just be that he'll be reminded of her and that is what makes him take the other girl on as the new companion. At least, I hope that is the case. This shit doesn't always need to be tied together. No old Cardiff families. No bitch writing a book about her granny. And, no River Song redux. Just, you know, finding some cold comfort in a face that reminds him of a spunky girl that was around on the last days he traveled with the Ponds.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I liked the episode. I kind of saw through the whole twist-y thing from the start, but it's still enjoyable. One the one hand, the Amy-rory as companions status quo is preserved (even the reveal that they've split up is undone within the episode)...

BTW, did you watch the Pond Life shorts? Last one deals with the split. All five are worth watching.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Only managed to watch the first. The scene with the doctor rapping was awesome.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
"the doctor rapping" is pretty close with Lothar's fantasy, you just have to take out one of the Ps.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Finally, got out of my mind-numbed hangover from a day worth of beer and college football to watch this. I liked it. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not the Oswin character will be the same as the companion. It may just be that he'll be reminded of her and that is what makes him take the other girl on as the new companion. At least, I hope that is the case. This shit doesn't always need to be tied together. No old Cardiff families. No bitch writing a book about her granny. And, no River Song redux. Just, you know, finding some cold comfort in a face that reminds him of a spunky girl that was around on the last days he traveled with the Ponds.

Since they showed those humans with the eye stalks it's probably going to be her in that form. Totally a guess but I think it would be to hard for Moffat to pass up a dalek companion.

I enjoyed this but the Ponds were being stupid. After all they've been through it's kind of lame reasoning as to why they almost end up getting a divorce.

Fair play!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
People get a divorce for lame reasons all the time. And Amy Pond struck me as someone who's not really fit for marriage, especially after going on adventures with the doctor. It's why I never really cared about their marriage(no matter how hard they pushed it as some kind of romance that will outlive time or someshit). To me, it was just a plot device to get her to be the Joseph for River. She was a companion first and a married woman second.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
So, I just re-watched the episode. One thing I didn't think about before was the fact he went to Skarro. I don't think that was a dream world like the stuff in the prequels. But, if that is the case, visiting Skarro would only be possible if Moffat has written--at least--the stupid Time Lock out of continuity. Maybe, that means the Time Lords are back now. Just a thought.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
finished most of Tennant. have revised my opinion of him. still not my favorite, but I get it now. some really good eps (mostly written by Moffat, big surprise) and some terrible ones (mostly by RTD, big surprise, too).

am now starting on first part of Smith's second season.

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Season 33
Episode 2 - Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

I enjoyed it.
It shows once again DO NOT PISS OFF the The Doctor. But I felt they could of gone a little darker with that aspect than what they did. Oh and The Doctor had a few extra Companions other than the Ponds this Episode. 2 he intended to have and one he didn't

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
nefertiri made my pee pee tickle

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I liked the latest episode. It was a good story, Doctor Who or not.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Tea.
The hard stuff.
Leave the bag in.
\:lol\:

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Just caught up on the series so far. The last one was a bit flat. It was more about the Ponds than anything, setting them up for their departure. Not a bad episode, but not a good one either.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was fun.

A Town Called Mercy was a very well done episode. Nice to see them addressing the shades of grey with the Doctor. Too bad that Pro is dead, though. There's no way he wouldn't be on here posting about a Doctor Who episode with Ben Browder if he was alive.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Okay, so one more episode and then they're doing that mis-series break shit. I fucking hate that shit.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
i HATE mis-series breaks, too!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Say Bye Bye to the Ponds. I like that it's not the type of "the universe done blown up!" send off that RTD does, but it's not as dramatic as everybody's making it out to be.

I like the bit at the end, shows that Moffat planned this from the start. The scene with little Amelia in the morning looking offscreen while the TARDIS lands is already there in 11th hour.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I didn't really get what was happening with the angels using the room as a charging station & the deal with collector dude. This may require a second viewing since I feel like I missed something early on. The Ponds leaving was ok. It's always sad when companions leave but they had a good run & it's time to move on.

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
They're simple plot devices to get the Doctor and companions where they need to be. That's all. Not really much in this episode outside the Ponds leaving. I expected the Statue of Liberty twist pretty much the second they revealed a non angel living statue.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I get the impression that the last angel that did the Ponds in was the same angel that River was hunting during Time of the Angels. Except she's no longer a wanted woman now that the doctor has become a lying deleter. (but she's still serving time during the byzantium event, so did she kill someone else or was time rewritten?)

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
The more I think about it, the more I don't like this episode. Nothing fits. The hotel idea makes no sense. Why would they keep the people they've sent back in time unless they were going to continuously send them back in time and feed off that energy? More importantly, why can't the Doctor ever see them again but River obviously can (since she gave Amy the manuscript to publish)? It's, quite frankly, contrived and beneath Moffat's ability.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Agreed. It seemed more like the story was built around Amy and Rory leaving rather than Amy and Rory leaving being an organic part of the story. All love conquers all bullshit and what have you. Hate to say it but, he really channeled RTD when writing this one.

On an aside, I also have to wonder if we are getting to the end of River Song being around. She's already done the Byzantium and been released from prison. It can't be too long until the events of Silence in the Library. Maybe, with the fall of the eleventh, we will see her receive the old sonic.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I didn't want to mention his name (especially not three times in a mirror as he might appear); but, yeah, it was a RTD move. I like seeing Rory willing to do himself in to solve the problem. It really highlights his character: quiet, overly cautious, but balls of steel when the time comes. Everything else was really just meh.

I suspect that River will be around as long as Smith and Moffat stick with the show.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Also, I'm not much of a fan of the new Weeping Angel concepts. The Statue of Liberty thing seemed to be there just so Rory could say the whole "I've always wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty and now the Statue of Liberty is visiting me." A funny Rory thing, sure. But, shoehorned in terribly. That said, I loved the concept of the Cupid/Cherub angels when they first focused on the fountain. I absolutely hated when they did the little giggle/shuffle thing. It wasn't creepy. It wasn't cool. It wasn't cute. It was stupid. Flushed away a good addition, imo.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
just finished series 5. Karen Gillan is now on my "fuck before I die" list. That is all.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Page 132 of 137 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 136 137

Link Copied to Clipboard