Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
With the NFL preseason underway, and colleges about to start, football season is almost upon us. I am looking for someone to start up a weekly (or biweekly) football column. I'll be happy to sticky it and headline it on Frontpage (please provide a pic I can use).

Is anyone interested? Please respond here or PM me, and we can discuss the details.

Thanks.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Just how would that work with all the other news outlets we get all over the internet?

He fixes the cable?
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I might be interested........but I really like hockey better.

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I could write about the NFL... I'm not so well-informed about the NCAA. Only the big-league schools.

He fixes the cable?
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Basically, I'm just looking for someone who likes/knows football (just NFL is fine, since I don't follow college either) to pick a topic each week and base a column around it. It can be about a team, it can be about a player, it can be about an issue that comes up during the season. Whatever you find interesting. A small breakdown of the week's games would be cool, but I understand how demanding that can be. Maybe just pick a couple of games that you think everyone should pay attention too. It would be great if you could do a season preview, but I know how demanding that can be as well. Basically, this just gives us a regular column to focus regular discussion in. I'm sure someone will start up an "Official NFL Thread", but I'd like something a bit more focussed as well. Aside from all that, you just need to name the column.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
I might be interested........but I really like hockey better.

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Peej, if your interested, PM me your idea, and we'll make it happen.

RDCW Profile

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Well The NFL Thread/Picks of the Week will probably start up soon, but I see where you're going with this. I'll see what I can do.

He fixes the cable?
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Thanks. Anything regular you can contribute would be great!

RDCW Profile

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Oh, if you want, you could even write a paragraph each week about one of the more confusing rules in the NFL. Things of that nature.

RDCW Profile

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I could do a who to watch for this season thread....

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
That would be aweshome, PI!

RDCW Profile

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
are you talking to Thomas Magnum?

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I'm hungry for some macadamian nuts now...

He fixes the cable?
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
are you talking to Thomas Magnum?

Should I be?

RDCW Profile

Link Copied to Clipboard