Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
It seems nobody did any picks for this past weekend. I made my Bengals-Bears pick last week, so I will accept that win in my weekly count.

I will take a risk and pick the Chiefs on the road tonight over the Broncos.

Last edited by Jim Jackson; 2005-09-26 1:59 PM.

We all wear a green carnation.
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:
Amazing. The Lions take a week off, and find themselves in first place in the division.

If that doesn't motivate them to get it together as a team, then they need to do something drastic.

Nothing short of impending global doom could motivate those guys.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
You take back what you said about the Bengals now you little bastard!

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
damn you cowboys!!! damn you!!!!

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
I still like em over the winless cards in ol mexico this weekend though

but still...

damn you Cowboys!!!Straight to Hell!!!

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
well, reports are blarin that chaddy is out for the season.

... oh, and so is their backup quarter back.

huzzah!

superbowl!

giant picture
Rob #563740 2005-09-27 1:38 AM
TK-069 Offline OP
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
OP Offline
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Brooks Bollinger.

Damn, Robbie. Damn.

He fixes the cable?
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Herm needs to make those guys work in training camp..they were all obviously out of shape.....everyone...Abraham and coles are the only 2 guys that have looked decent...

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
my suspicion is that chad got hurt in pre season, thus resulting in the pre and early season sucking that he was doing. this weekend's game was just the final straw. er tendon. or whatever.

taking a 1-2 season and starting at least the next few games with yer third string quarterback doesn't exactly sound promising.

giant picture
Rob #563743 2005-09-27 7:29 AM
TK-069 Offline OP
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
OP Offline
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
My suspicion is if Chad doesn't get his arm healthy enough for at least 12 games next season, he's very nearly done as a Jet. And so will Herm (great guy, but suspect as a coach) if this club is no less than two games over .500.

He fixes the cable?
TK-069 Offline OP
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
OP Offline
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I might as well make some end-of-the-season predictions:

MVP: Ladanian Thomlinson
Offensive PotY: Hines Ward OR Chad Johnson
Defensive PotY: Donnie Edwards OR Ed Reed
Off. Rookie of the Year: Carnell Williams
Def. Rookie of the Year: Travis Johnson

He fixes the cable?
TK-069 Offline OP
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
OP Offline
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Is there anything to this?

Quote:

Belichick turns down help from Steelers trainer

PITTSBURGH (Sept. 26, 2005) -- New England coach Bill Belichick ordered Pittsburgh Steelers trainer John Norwig off the field when Norwig asked if medical help was needed for injured Patriots tackle Matt Light during their Week 3 game.

As Light lay on the Heinz Field turf with an apparently serious right leg injury during the second quarter of New England's 23-20 victory, Norwig came onto the field to offer help.

That prompted Belichick, who cautiously guards all injury information, to emphatically order the trainer off the field. Light later left the stadium with a cast on his leg.

NFL trainers normally treat only their own players but will offer their assistance during a serious injury, especially when it involves a visiting team player. Most teams have larger medical staffs for home games than for road games.

Belichick also may have been upset because Steelers coach Bill Cowher went onto the field to offer condolences to Patriots safety Rodney Harrison after he badly injured a knee earlier in the game. Harrison is expected to miss the rest of the season with a torn left knee ligament.

I understand about Bill protecting his players (and any possible injuries they have) from the opposing team, but why would he be miffed about Cowher?

He fixes the cable?
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP #563748 2005-09-27 2:11 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Now this is a message board!

top cheerleader

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

TK-069 said:
My suspicion is if Chad doesn't get his arm healthy enough for at least 12 games next season, he's very nearly done as a Jet. And so will Herm (great guy, but suspect as a coach) if this club is no less than two games over .500.

nah, i dont think either is likely.

the jets have been a contender, and in a purdy big way, every year under herm. and chad's ordeal here hurts, but he's still the franchise player. he's only 29, and they're not even fully ready to write this (entire) year off.

unless they grab some non-third string replacement, or bollinger, and they do amazing things... chad is back to stay for another few years. is vinnie available?

giant picture
Rob #563750 2005-09-27 3:05 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts

Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
is vinnie available?

wow. yes he is!

Blast from past: Jets turn to Testaverde at QB
By Len Pasquarelli - ESPN.com

Just one day after apprising Vinny Testaverde in a telephone call that they would likely go in a different direction as they scramble to address a quarterback situation suddenly in crisis mode, the New York Jets on Tuesday reversed field and signed the veteran passer, who will begin practicing with the team this week.

The addition of Testaverde, 41, comes as the Jets seem resigned to losing starter Chad Pennington for the balance of the season. Team officials will await the results of a second examination of Pennington's damaged right shoulder, expected to be performed Tuesday by Dr. James Andrews, but are close to announcing the former first-rounder will not play again in 2005.

Team officials are expected to announce sometime Tuesday that backup Jay Fiedler, who has a partially dislocated right shoulder and is also scheduled to be checked by Andrews, will be sidelined indefinitely. Despite reports that Fiedler will miss the rest of the year, there is some feeling he could return in about two months, since his injury isn't expected to require surgery.

Third-year veteran Brooks Bollinger, a sixth-round pick from Wisconsin in the 2003 draft, will start Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens. It will mark the first start for Bollinger, who has appeared in just one regular-season contest.

Testaverde, who started 15 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2004, will begin his second stint with the Jets. The Long Island native played with the team from 1998-2003, starting in 57 games in that stretch. For his career, the 18-year veteran has appeared in 217 games and started in 204 of them. He has completed 3,631 of 6,420 passes for 44,475 yards, with 268 touchdown passes and 255 interceptions.

With the Cowboys in 2004, Testaverde threw for 3,532 yards, with 17 touchdown passes and 20 interceptions.

On Monday, cognizant of the injuries to Pennington and Fiedler, both of which occurred in Sunday's overtime loss to Jacksonville, Testaverde phoned head coach Herm Edwards to offer his services. Although not completely rebuffed, Testaverde was told that the club was considering other alternatives, and would likely sign a quarterback who had been in an NFL training camp this summer.

By Tuesday, though, Jets officials had decided Testaverde offered the best opportunity for winning this season. Details of the contract he signed were not yet available. He is expected to meet with Jets coaches on Tuesday to begin reviewing the playbook.

While he comes with some drawbacks -- notably a lack of mobility and a propensity for turnovers -- Testaverde might actually be a good fit for the offense installed this summer by new offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger. The design calls for a more vertical passing game than the Jets have featured in recent seasons, with the ball going deeper up the field, and Testaverde still has solid arm strength.

There was some thought this spring, with Pennington coming off extensive surgery to his right shoulder and having experienced injuries that forced him to miss time in both 2003 and 2004, that the Jets might sign Testaverde as an insurance policy. The team opted for the younger Fiedler instead and Testaverde was not in any team's camp this summer.

In addition to his first tenure with the Jets, Testaverde, the first overall pick in the 1987 draft, has played with Tampa Bay (1987-1992), Cleveland (1993-95), Baltimore (1996-1997) and Dallas (2004).

Even as the Jets completed the deal with Testaverde, who can essentially drive to work every day now, the team was still considering other option to bolster the depth chart.

The Jets are scheduled to audition three veteran free agent quarterbacks -- Doug Johnson, Jesse Palmer and Jonathan Quinn -- on Tuesday and a team official said they could bring in three or four more before the end of the week. It is possible, after Andrews examines Pennington and Fiedler on Tuesday, and renders an opinion on their shoulder injuries, that New York might be forced to add another quarterback beyond just Testaverde.

Several league sources told ESPN.com that the Jets have inquired about the availability of former Washington starter Patrick Ramsey, demoted two weeks ago, but were told by the Redskins they will not trade him. League sources also confirmed Tuesday morning that the Jets have had no discussions with Tennessee about the possibility of trading for Titans backup Billy Volek, widely viewed as one of the top No. 2 quarterbacks in the league. Volek played under Heimerdinger in Tennessee and knows the offense well.

With Pennington now likely to have a second rotator cuff surgery in less than a year, his long-term viability as the team's franchise-caliber quarterback is in question. Before the start of the 2004 season, the Jets signed Pennington to a seven-year contract extension worth $64 million and including $23 million in bonuses.

It is not known if a quarterback has ever recovered from two rotator cuff surgeries, let alone two in less than a year. Andrews, who performed the original surgery, is hoping that the latest setback is just a case of Pennington tearing adhesions and scar tissue in the shoulder, but that might be overly optimistic. There are some in the Jets organization who fear Pennington's career could be ended by the latest injury or that, at the very least, he will never be the same as the quarterback who led the league in passing in 2002.

Jets team physician Dr. Elliott Pellman has apprised Pennington that he suffered a torn right rotator cuff, ESPN and ESPN.com confirmed on Monday night. While they would like to hold out hope, Jets officials seem to concur with that diagnosis.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. To check out Len's chat archive, click here.

giant picture
Rob #563751 2005-09-27 6:24 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Brooks Bollinger, Wisconsin baby.

This will be the third year in a row Pennington has missed at least three games due to injury, and all for similar injuries. That magical 2002 season may end up being the high point for his career(and "Hurm" Edwards').

Assuming Curtis Martin still has some gas left, and the defense stays fresh, the Jets are still good enough to get 7 or 8 wins. They're a well-coached team that stops the run and doesn't turn the ball over very much. Most of their tough games will come in the second half of the season.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Brooks Bollinger, Wisconsin baby.

This will be the third year in a row Pennington has missed at least three games due to injury, and all for similar injuries. That magical 2002 season may end up being the high point for his career(and "Hurm" Edwards').

I'm willing to bet that Herm's high point remains the 1978 "Miracle at the Meadowlands" when he returned the Pisarcik-Csonka fumble for an Eagles TD as the Giants were trying to run out the clock.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I didn't know that was him. Was he also on the 1980 Super Bowl team?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
I didn't know that was him. Was he also on the 1980 Super Bowl team?

I thought he was, but do not know for certain.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
GET A ROOM LADIES!

25+ posts
25+ posts
Yeah you bitches.

I will speak nothing but the TRUTH to you people. This is your only warning.
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
!WHOA!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Week 4

Buffalo at New Orleans in San Antonio, TX
Denver at Jacksonville
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Houston at Cincinnati
Indianapolis at Tennessee
San Diego at New England
Seattle at Washington
St. Louis at N.Y. Giants
N.Y. Jets at Baltimore
Dallas at Oakland
Minnesota at Atlanta
Philadelphia at Kansas City
San Francisco at Arizona in Mexico City

Monday: Green Bay at Carolina

Bye week for Miami, Cleveland, Chicago, and Pittsburgh

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Thanks, Jim.

My picks for week 4:

Denver at Jacksonville
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Houston at Cincinnati
San Diego at New England
Seattle at Washington
St. Louis at N.Y. Giants
N.Y. Jets at Baltimore
Dallas at Oakland
Minnesota at Atlanta

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Sticking with yer Lions, I see.<wink>

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Lions will come on strong these next few weeks......and how 'bout a regular season game in Mexico!!! Wats up wit dat?

PJP #563762 2005-09-30 2:00 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I'm 17-17 going in to this weekend. Pete Rozelle would love me.

Denver at Jacksonville
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Houston at Cincinnati
San Diego at New England
Seattle at Washington
St. Louis at N.Y. Giants
N.Y. Jets at Baltimore
Dallas at Oakland
Minnesota at Atlanta
San Francisco at Arizona in Mexico City (but who really cares? I'll be watching LAW AND ORDER:CRIMINAL INTENT).

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

Disagree.Saints in OT.

Quote:

Denver at Jacksonville

Disagree again.Jags prevail at home.

Quote:

Detroit at Tampa Bay

Agree.The Lions will get smoked like a Macanudo.

Quote:

Houston at Cincinnati

Disagree.NO FREAKING WAY are the Bungles going to be able to hold up against the Texans.Houston 41-3.

Quote:

Agree.Colts by 3 TDs.

Quote:

San Diego at New England

Definitely disagree.The Chargers are destined to become the next casualties on the Pats' march to Super Bowl 40.New England 34-7.

Quote:

Seattle at Washington

Agree.The Seahawks are and always have been a complete joke on the road.'Skins 31-17.

Quote:

St. Louis at N.Y. Giants

Agree.Eli Manning finally establishes himself as bona fide NFL QB material.Giants 41-35.

Quote:

N.Y. Jets at Baltimore

Disagree.Quoth the Raven:"Are you kiddin' me?"Jets 37-10.

Quote:

Dallas at Oakland

Disagree.Only way Cowboys can hope to win this one is if Troy Aikman comes out of retirement in the next 24 hours.Raiders 44-0.

Quote:

Minnesota at Atlanta

Agree.Michael Vick knows how to work the pocket.Falcons 27-21 in OT.

Quote:

Agree.The Chiefs are shaping as one of the surprise stories of the AFC so far this year.KC 37-27.

Quote:

Agree.In wrestling lingo,this is what they call a "squash match"--and oh man,are the Cards ever going to get squashed.49ers 102-0.

Quote:

Disagree.I think this is the game where the Pack finally snaps out of its funk.Packers 41-37.

TK-069 Offline OP
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
OP Offline
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Buffalo at New Orleans
Denver at Jacksonville
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Houston at Cincinnati
San Diego at New England
Seattle at Washington
St. Louis at N.Y. Giants
N.Y. Jets at Baltimore
Dallas at Oakland
Minnesota at Atlanta
San Francisco at Arizona
Green Bay at Carolina

He fixes the cable?
JQ Offline
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
GET A ROOM LADIES!

fuck you don't talk shit to g-,man fuckers

FREE SCOTT PETERSON! "Basically, you've just responded with argumentative opinion to everything I've said. And you respond with speculations, speculating that I'M speculating. "- Wonder Boy
JQ #563766 2005-10-02 11:33 AM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
My week 4 picks....

New Orleans
Denver
Detroit
Cincinatti
Tennessee
New England
Washington
Giants
Baltimore
Dallas
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Arizona
Carolina

PJP #563767 2005-10-02 4:55 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
you can also talk about this story here too...Sammitch's Place

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Chris Oakley said:
Disagree.NO FREAKING WAY are the Bungles going to be able to hold up against the Texans.Houston 41-3.

Quote:

Definitely disagree.The Chargers are destined to become the next casualties on the Pats' march to Super Bowl 40.New England 34-7.

I almost didn't believe Mxy when he told me you were an alt.

JQ #563769 2005-10-03 2:32 AM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

JQ said:
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
GET A ROOM LADIES!

fuck you don't talk shit to g-,man fuckers

i couldnt even get babelfish to translate that!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Cincinnati 16, Houston 10

SUPER BOWL BABY!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Baltimore 13, NY Jets 3

FIELD GOAL BABY!

giant picture
Rob #563772 2005-10-03 8:49 AM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
BONG!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Now this is more like it. I was 9-4 with yesterday's games.

Nailbiter for the Bengals, but they hung on. Still too many penalties and I'm still scared of their run D. But no way I will look down upon 4-0.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard