"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Ah.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
This was a good end to a great series. I'm glad they left room for movie sequals. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. And hopefully they'll have a good spy story to them and not just be action thrillers.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
1500+ posts
OP Offline
1500+ posts
I agree!

I also hope they don't just ignore Jack all together and, if nothing else, at least mention him in the movies.

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
i seriously doubt they would make a movie. the show was cancelled due to waning interest and ratings.
even if there was studio interest, garner might not want to risk it when she's looking to start a movie career.

Bow ties are coool.
1500+ posts
OP Offline
1500+ posts
that made no sense. She's had a movie career while working on the show. If they did do movies they'd be for the silver screen, as in the same kind of movies she's already doing.

Batwoman #564363 2006-05-24 12:51 AM
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
The whole Mount Subasio scene was shit.

The set was made of paper, and it was OBVIOUS it was paper! Had that crinkled paper look. Very poor.

Also, the real Mount Subasio is a small mountain (little more than a hill, really -- Google it to see what it looks like) with no snow-capped peaks whatsoever. Looked absolutely nothing like the one seen in this episode. In fact, it looked completely different from the Mount Subasio that Sydney climbed in Season One.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Oh, and why was Sydney walking around with an open wound on her neck, as if she were an extra in a zombie flick? A normal person would have put a bandage on it.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I fart on you too.

PJP #564366 2006-05-24 1:44 AM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
TTT, don't tell me you watch this show...

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Only for the last month. Saw it all on DVD and downloaded avi files.

1500+ posts
OP Offline
1500+ posts
Thoughts on the end of Alias now that I’ve had time to process everything.

Jack: I was afraid he was going to do something foolish. The way he kept pushing Syd to go stop Irina had me worried. He was too insistent on her being the only one that could stop Irina. I don’t think he knew Sloane was still alive. My thought is that he grabbed a pack already loaded with explosives to go down to seal off the tomb. Finding Sloane alive was just a bonus. He felt guilty about still trusting Sloane, as he confessed to Dixon. So when he saw Sloane he wasn’t going to take any chances, he was going to end it once and for all.

Makes me wonder if ABC hadn’t screwed them over if Jack would have lived, that that scene had played out differently. I can’t help but wonder if JJ had time to finish the show as it should have been, if Jack would have made it to a hospital and then either he later takes are of Sloane or someone else took care of Sloane. The way it was done almost seemed a bit rushed.

Irina: The more I think about her line about giving Sydney Isabelle, the more I’m convinced she went mad. As in straight jacket and padded cell mad. At some point she lost it all together, not sure when though. Might have had something to do with actually having the horizon in her hands.

Syd: I don’t think she officially ever quit the CIA. I think Vaughn quit but Syd was either on maternity leave or some other kind of leave. Jack looks young enough to believe that she’s on maternity leave.

Someone in aliasfans said the reason Syd kept the indicator was out of selfishness, I couldn’t disagree more. Yes she kept it for sentimental reasons but I think it was put in Isabelle’s room by mistake. I don’t feel Sydney was being selfish in keeping it. Both her parents are gone, but Jack was the one that raised her as best as he could. It wasn’t until after her disappearance that they really bonded and became close.

Isabella putting the indicator together was scary in a sense. She’s definitely her mother’s daughter, but unlike Syd, she chose to move on. Syd, on the other hand, was fascinated by it. So much so that Jack (I’m guessing) then tested Project Christmas on her. The more I’m thinking about this the more I’m thinking Jack wasn’t as bad as we all thought. I don’t think he even considered testing Project Christmas out on her until after he saw what she could do and her fascination with it. He didn’t want to risk someone using her to get back at him.

I’m glad Sark was set loose at the end simply because that leaves things open for feature films or even a spin off. I doubt ABC would pick up a spin off though, if there was a spin off, then it’d have to be on a different network. There’s now way ABC would give it a chance.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
On the other hand, just let it end.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
that made no sense. She's had a movie career while working on the show. If they did do movies they'd be for the silver screen, as in the same kind of movies she's already doing.

she's had 3 starring roles since Alias started. Everything else has been award shows, bit parts, and guest starring roles on tv shows.
Again, Alias was cancelled due to waning interest. It was not ended on its own by the producers.
The chances of a movie are slim to none.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
i finally watched the last one. horribly cheesy and sappy ending.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
though i did like the twist with sloan. but that's about it.

Bow ties are coool.
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Quote:

The Time Trust said:
On the other hand, just let it end.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Thoughts on the end of Alias now that I’ve had time to process everything.

Jack: I was afraid he was going to do something foolish. The way he kept pushing Syd to go stop Irina had me worried. He was too insistent on her being the only one that could stop Irina. I don’t think he knew Sloane was still alive. My thought is that he grabbed a pack already loaded with explosives to go down to seal off the tomb. Finding Sloane alive was just a bonus. He felt guilty about still trusting Sloane, as he confessed to Dixon. So when he saw Sloane he wasn’t going to take any chances, he was going to end it once and for all.

Makes me wonder if ABC hadn’t screwed them over if Jack would have lived, that that scene had played out differently. I can’t help but wonder if JJ had time to finish the show as it should have been, if Jack would have made it to a hospital and then either he later takes are of Sloane or someone else took care of Sloane. The way it was done almost seemed a bit rushed.

I completely disagree. I could see from season one that Jack was destined to die in the last episode because, as my friend puts it, Jack is Batman. I didn't know how he would die, but I knew he would die doing something important. I just thought he would take a bullet for Sydney or something like that. But this was better. Jack knew the helicopter wasn't going to make it in time. He was dead. He lost too much blood, and the damage had been done. It took all of his strength to make it down to Sloane to pull that trigger, something he knew had to be done, because he knew what Sloane had accomplished. That's why he went down there, because before he died he had to see it for himself, see the truth in all of it, and see that Sloane would never be able to harm another soul again.

Quote:

Batwoman said:
Irina: The more I think about her line about giving Sydney Isabelle, the more I’m convinced she went mad. As in straight jacket and padded cell mad. At some point she lost it all together, not sure when though. Might have had something to do with actually having the horizon in her hands.

I have no idea where she went insane. I think she always was when we met her. I think she was always playing Jack and Syd, and the only person she was ever at all honest with was Sloane. I don't know why she wanted to stop her sister in Russia, maybe it was ego, or maybe she really did care enough about her children to try and keep them out of it. Like she told Sydney, the baby was an out.

Quote:

Batwoman said:
Syd: I don’t think she officially ever quit the CIA. I think Vaughn quit but Syd was either on maternity leave or some other kind of leave. Jack looks young enough to believe that she’s on maternity leave.

Syd left to be with Vaughn. They moved away, who knows how many times, to try and get away, because they knew Dixon would always be back to ask for help, and they knew Syd just could not say know to a friend. She's not on leave, and she's not really out, she's like Bond in the novels. She's an agent who takes one or two big missions a year, and spends the rest her time living her life her own way. However, unlike Bond, she's not out playing cars, drinking marinies, and seducing women. Syd has a family, and she'll do whatever needs to be done to protect it. I think the reason she took that case at the end was because it was Sark, and she has a responsibility to keep him reigned in.

Quote:

Batwoman said:
Someone in aliasfans said the reason Syd kept the indicator was out of selfishness, I couldn’t disagree more. Yes she kept it for sentimental reasons but I think it was put in Isabelle’s room by mistake. I don’t feel Sydney was being selfish in keeping it. Both her parents are gone, but Jack was the one that raised her as best as he could. It wasn’t until after her disappearance that they really bonded and became close.

Isabella putting the indicator together was scary in a sense. She’s definitely her mother’s daughter, but unlike Syd, she chose to move on. Syd, on the other hand, was fascinated by it. So much so that Jack (I’m guessing) then tested Project Christmas on her. The more I’m thinking about this the more I’m thinking Jack wasn’t as bad as we all thought. I don’t think he even considered testing Project Christmas out on her until after he saw what she could do and her fascination with it. He didn’t want to risk someone using her to get back at him.

I think Syd kept the indicator because it had meaning for her, and because it was her father's. One day, she will probably realize that Isabella is just like her, and Isabella will probably become an agent, just like her. It's in her blood. It's in the family, on both sides. Blood screams out for things like that, at least in the fantasy of spy thrillers. All that little scene did was tell us that it could, and probably would happen. If the novels sell, that's the most likely place, in about ten years from now.

Quote:

Batwoman said:
I’m glad Sark was set loose at the end simply because that leaves things open for feature films or even a spin off. I doubt ABC would pick up a spin off though, if there was a spin off, then it’d have to be on a different network. There’s now way ABC would give it a chance.

I just don't see this show coming back in any form. The following is too small, mainly because most people just didn't care for the Rembaldi plot. I loved that aspect to the show. I think it gave it something that could connect the dots from week to week and year to year.

I still think season three was the best as far as the suspense factor, but it did get away from Syd's trying to live a normal life. Thing is, that's what happens when you're dead for two years. Syd's normal life was being an agent at that point. The character logically stepped in that direction. The only problem with that season was the cliff hanger.

Season four was so bad that the cliff hanger was meaningless. There was no connect the dots in season four until the last six episodes, when it finally picked up. All they did was write poor episodes of Mission Impossible that year. Sure, they gave Syd a home life again, and she bonded with her sister, but the spy factor didn't provide the same level of suspense, like the missions were too easy for them. The season started cheesy and ended cheesy, with a whole lot of fluff in the middle.

The final season finally got back to basics. There was home life, there spy life, there was suspense, and there was something connecting the dots. There is no doubt the season skipped over three vital episodes, but I don't think that would have changed the ending. What those three missing episodes would have done is add in just enough plot to better build up the big finish.

I think a movie is not out of the question. Now that the Rembaldi plot has played out, a movie can focus on Sark and some terrorist act of some sort, if they have the guts to go that way. The team is still there, minus Jack and Tom, and I think it would work well on the big screen. Maybe the best way to go for a plot would be to have something from Jack's past come back to haunt Sydney. Whatever they decide, as I mentioned above, it needs to focus on plot more than anything else. The action will take care of itself.

Last edited by PenWing; 2006-05-25 3:05 AM.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
1500+ posts
OP Offline
1500+ posts
Actually a lot of the fans (if not all) liked the Rambaldi storyline, it was ABC (as everyone points out) that didn't. The network was the one that axed it and the fans were the ones that were asking what happened.

I forgot that Jack was Batman, I had been saying that back in seasons 1 and 2, but I never saw him dieing in the series finale. It makes sense though now that you mention it, but (mainly because he was my favorite) I wish he would have lived.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You know who they forgot to have in the finale?
Kendall. He owned every episode he was in.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
He's too busy sunbathing in Hawaii.

1500+ posts
OP Offline
1500+ posts

My older brother went there on his recent trip to Hawii. He took pictures too.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard