PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Here are the quotes from the Yahoo article:

Angry White Sox GM lashes back at Frank Thomas
By RICK GANO, AP Sports Writer
February 26, 2006

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Angry and disgusted with the latest comments from former slugger Frank Thomas, Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams fired back Sunday, calling the two-time MVP "an idiot."

"He's an idiot. He's selfish. That's why we don't miss him," Williams said, responding to a Thomas interview that appeared in The Daily Southtown, a newspaper in the Chicago suburb of Tinley Park, Ill.

Williams said he was most irate over Thomas' comments about Reinsdorf.

"I've got a lot of respect for Jerry Reinsdorf, I do. But I really thought, the relationship we had over the last 16 years, he would have picked up the phone to say, `Big guy, we're moving forward. We're going somewhere different. We don't know your situation or what's going to happen.' I can live with that, I really can," Thomas said.

"But treating me like some passing-by-player. I've got no respect for that."

"Jerry has done everything over the course of 16 years to protect that man, to make accommodations for him, concessions for him. He loaned him money, at times, when he needed money," Williams said.

"If he was any kind of a man, he would quit talking about things in the paper and return a phone call or come knock on someone's door. If I had the kind of problems evidently he had with me, I would go knock on his door."

"We don't miss him, by the way," Williams said. "If you go out there and ask any one of my players or staff members, we don't miss him.

"We don't miss his attitude. We don't miss the whining. We don't miss it. Good riddance. See you later."

"I'm a general manager and I'm supposed to be above these things. But again, when is enough enough?" he said.

"He brought us to this point. So, OK, you want to play this game? You've got it. You got it. He's the Oakland A's problem right now. ... He better stay out of our business. He better stay out of White Sox business."

"I won't put my nose in something above me," Guillen said. "He never mentioned my name and if you don't mention my name, I try to stay away from every part of the conversation."

"There are a lot of emotional things involved there," Konerko said. "Frank is his own man and can do what he wants."

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:

"I won't put my nose in something above me," Guillen said. "He never mentioned my name and if you don't mention my name, I try to stay away from every part of the conversation."

Unless of course it has to do with A-Rod and the WBC. Then Guillen's more than happy to make a comment.

We all wear a green carnation.
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Yeah,I'll say.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Asshole players are one of the big reasons why I never really enjoy baseball.

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!

Link Copied to Clipboard