Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Chewy Walrus
Then Walker's endgame comes into play. He's been gathering information on the metagene all these years in order to effectively negate it. All across the board. No more metahumans at all. (Like "House of M" before there was "House of M". Had I actually written it, I would've been able to sue Bendis. Now... nothing.)

This reminds me of a similar situation I had. My never-introduced-but-only-mentioned character, Tim Ito, was essentially a Japanese guy who could bend time with the force of his mind. Ever since Hiro Nakamura appeared on Heroes (great show, BTW), with roughly the same setup I had in mind for Tim Ito, my character can only look like a rip-off of Hiro. If Tim Ito was a ripoff of anything, it was a ripoff of my Time Trust android character, who was a blatant ripoff of both the android Hourman (Ty) and Data from ST:TNG.

My next ripoff will be just as blatant, I'm sure.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
blatant ripoffs, what a good segueway. . . o\:\)

Euro, I know how much like you like Edmund Gaunt, you should check out my latest Pantheon post.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
...and the entire Pantheon thread. In fact, you all should.

Yes, I know. A shameless plug of Phil Smith-like proportions. I should be ashamed.

...and yet, I'm not.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
well, you are the Walrus. and screw 'em. they asked us to write this story! they shouldn't have to be told to read it.

Last edited by Grimm; 2007-07-08 7:09 PM.
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Truer words, my friend... truer words...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
TTT, did you have anything planned for that time travelling group you were developing?

I originally intended to use Link Fox there, you'll recall. I introduced him as The Worm in the Royal Society of Rogues story and always planned to bring him back as an adult in the present. When Pro introduced Ozzy, I noticed he had some things in common with Link (the powers and the white hair). I PMd Pro to pitch him the idea of Ozzy turning out to be a grown up Worm, but he declined. Of course, after he made a couple of posts with Ozzy I realized that he was a completely different kind of character so the idea wouldn't have worked, not to mention that the situation would have been a little too Gooz/Prometheus.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Yeah, I had a rough plan to first do a Krononauts origin story, written in the form of Helen McKenzie's personal journal. This would have detailed a Mandelovian government-sponsored (under General D'Goon) time travel project overseen by Helen Quantos McKenzie. The story would take place over the course of a year or so, and by the ending the assembled Krononauts would escape from D'Goon's control and flee directly into space-time... Or something like that.

Other than that their number would be restricted to five members, I can't recall much about the actual Krononauts themselves except for Helen McKenzie. Thanks for reminding me about Link Fox. Nemo was also going to be a member, as I recall, and it would have been his government connections that enabled the Krononauts to escape from D'Goon's clutches. Ah, well. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that I'll get around to that origin story again.

I'd also planned on writing the "origin story" of Mandelovia itself, which was tied in to the Krononauts origin story, and would have explained a lot of the strange features of our favorite fictional European nation. I have tons of detailed notes about Mandelovia that I've never used. It's a shame.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Ah, Mandelovia. Good times.

500+ posts
500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Chewy Walrus
Ah, Mandelovia. Good times.

Not for all those corpses. \:rimshot\:

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
- Reflection (2002) UTOPIAN PRODUCTIONS
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Especially for all the corpses!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
That reminds me of the Mandelovian anthem:

Ah! Mandelovia.
Good times.
Not for all those corpses...
Especially for all the corpses!
Ah! Mandelovia.
Good times.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
*Sniff* Beautiful, Mxy... just beautiful.

500+ posts
500+ posts
It really was Mxy.

*holds up lighter*

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
- Reflection (2002) UTOPIAN PRODUCTIONS
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: GoozX
It really was Mxy.

*holds up lighter*

Don't you use cells in America?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Only in really dumb commercials, Euro...only in really dumb commercials... \:nono\:

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts

I actually wrote an opening segment to this featuring as many Vanguard characters getting together as I could. Thank Gob I never got past that, I'd still be working on this thing. I did lose my damn mind when I came up with this. This was actually supposed to be part of a group of stories called The Chaos Wars, and I was hoping Pro would work in his Order story with Tiberius into the Chaos Wars umbrella.

All Good Things. . .

or Grimm's last Vanguard Universe story. . .

or Grimm's lost his damn mind. . .

starring:
Vanguard Int.
Vanguard Europe
The Order
The Asylum
The Pantheon

in prague, otherdimensional soldiers appear searching for the being known only as "The End." VE struggles to fight them off, while calling for backup.
(I had found some characters I'd come up with in high school and thought they would good opponents for The End. they'd show up in Prague on the anniversary of The End's appearance searching for him and battle VE)

in Haven, heralds of Chaos struggle to free a mad god from his prison.
(Heralds of Chaos, facing off against the Order. I'd talked to notwedge about using Phouka and putting him in the Asylum for this story, and having him be a red herring of sorts. Everyone would think that Phouka was going to betray the group and re-align with the Chaos Heralds, but in fact, Vengeance would be the traitor, turning on the Asylum and murdering one of their members.)

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
When one thinks of such cosmically colossal events, the Universe collapse.

Me and I-man did the same with the TOMBL Universe, and see what happened. \:P

Last edited by Eurostar; 2007-07-13 8:22 AM.
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts

no, this was a solo story so the only thing that would've collapsed would've been my brain. ;\)

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Well, I was saying that the Universe HAS collapsed.

Luckily that spared your brain. \:D

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Since this has turned into the Island of Misfit Stories (No one wants a Prometheus in a box!) Thread, I guess I can discuss my 'Alternate Timeline' story that I'd come up with and started on before work and other frustrations led me to abandon it. Essentially, it was an excuse to try and get a fresh view on many of the MBL characters (as it was started right before or during the whole renaming thing) and where they'd be had they never met the team.

The story was simple in design, or so I thought. A group of scientists were conducting an experiment (black holes, I believe. It's been so long I can't remember) using terribly advanced equipment they had borrowed from a group I was simply calling 'The Guild'. The Guild was an Illuminati type of organization dating back hundreds of years who took it upon themselves to try and direct the direction and progression of humanity's science and technology; therefore, they possessed a lot of super advanced equipment, whether by confiscating it from other scientists, Mandelovia, or even aliens, developing it themselves, or maybe even by other means. Well, the scientists didn't keep their promise to The Guild, so The Guild decided to take back their equipment. The Guild, essentially still being scientists, hire out this work to a bunch of thugs they outfit with advanced armor and weapons (as well as some of them being metas to begin with). The thugs botch the job and cause the experiment to go awry and send a shockwave backwards through the fabric of time and space changing history. The closer to the event, the more effect the shockwave had. The one main change is that the MBL never formed. The one thing that didn't change was that the experiment was going to happen again, and again, and again, basically putting time in a big loop. Each time it would weaken the fabric of time, which was already weakened due to the events in Pro's massive MBL/TOMB story.

The only one not directly affected were The Order, as they live outside of the normal universe, though they are a hub, and another group of adventurers led by Doc Paragon and advised by Paradigm as they were all stuck in limbo at the time (this is before Grimm introduced Paragon and Paradigm in his story). Wells, of Pro's Order, is deathly ill. He's laying comatose due to his direct connection to time. Time's fucked up, so he is too; and no one in the Order is sure what to do without his advice. Paradigm decides to act on his own and try and group the MBL together in this timeline to prevent the incident from recurring and breaking the cycle, restoring the old timeline. In the end as the MBL fought the Guild's hired thugs, The Order would show up to attempt to stop them, as they are afraid that Paradigm's interference will cause greater disruption and possibly kill Wells. That's when Paragon and his team will enter the fight as a protective line between The Order and the MBL. So, yeah, two major fight scenes going at once. The main thing about this story was how I'd used the characters.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
  • Dirk - I pretty much used what I'd written as the opener of his last solo story, with a few revisions, to show that he'd pretty much just started out where he ended up. The only exception was that he was even angrier. Pretty much the front that he put up while in the MBL to shield himself was not a front in this reality.
  • Phil - Phil was living in a suburban family's attic without their knowledge. Using his psychic powers, he was able to shield his presence from them much the same way Jean Gray did in the Ultimate X-Men before I even read the Ultimate line. He was doing a one-man A-Team type deal by helping out the average Joe or Josephina who were in trouble to make amends for New York all while feeling lonely and disconnected from the world.
  • Mick/Mxy - I'd gone back and read the early stuff preparing for this story. I had decided to change what I thought was the most important part of Mick's life. Shirley, instead of falling in love with Mick, had fallen in love with his roommate, who was only mentioned in one post I believe, and was engaged to marry him, if she hadn't already. I'd written what I thought was a good scene with Mick looking into the mirror and having a argument with Mxy about not turning his old roommate into a cow.
  • Eurostar - Euro was the EPS's top agent and took pride in the commendations he received from his boss, Dr. Walker. I believe I kept Euro's phasing powers here, allowing him to move through walls and obstacles. Walker was still the same Walker had Euro's cloned son, who Euro was unaware of, safely secured in his facility. Turner was Euro's partner. Though they interacted as best friends, Turner was actually quite jealous of Euro and his usurping of the position as Walker's second in command.
  • Tayden - He knew that shit was wrong but not much more than that. He sat out on the beach outside of the old Dawson building contemplating the situation.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
  • Sam/Shift - Sam Dawson was just a world hopping, rich playboy who rarely came home to the old Dawson building on La Perdita. He used his money to travel the world, party, and avoid as much as possible his past there until someone claiming to be an angel showed up on his doorstep.
  • Danny and Pete - I had these two meet in Mandelovia and become partners. With Pete's luck ability and Danny's smarts, they amassed a great fortune. Danny used that fortune to buy as much technology in Mandelovia closer to what he was used to in his time in a vain attempt to recreate his life in the future in the present. That is until the revolution that forced all non-Mandelovians from the country.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Rob apparently hates Grimm so much that he won't let me post the kick-ass revised history for his character without giving me an Error message.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I like the take on Euro and having Walker hiding the kid without him knowing.

Six years ago I probably would have hated fiercely it, now I very like. Gob, how I am old...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
[*]Mick/Mxy - I'd gone back and read the early stuff preparing for this story. I had decided to change what I thought was the most important part of Mick's life. Shirley, instead of falling in love with Mick, had fallen in love with his roommate, who was only mentioned in one post I believe, and was engaged to marry him, if she hadn't already. I'd written what I thought was a good scene with Mick looking into the mirror and having a argument with Mxy about not turning his old roommate into a cow.

Ha! Neat. Yeah, Mick's roommate in Chicago was only mentioned in one post, in like the third issue. Mick and Naecken are eating burgers when Mick suddenly remembers about his rommate and calls him for ten seconds to let him know he's alive. I should have made the guy show up in the wedding, or at least reference him (maybe I did).

500+ posts
500+ posts

the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk love Moderator SPLURT!
15000+ posts Thu Jul 17 2008 02:04 AM Reading a post
Forum: Writer's Block
Thread: Vanguard Discussion

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Grimm cool Moderator Johnny Ace
15000+ posts Mon Jul 21 2008 11:53 PM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
15000+ posts Mon Jul 21 2008 11:54 PM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
15000+ posts Mon Jul 21 2008 11:55 PM Reading a post

the #983441 2008-07-22 2:57 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
15000+ posts Mon Jul 21 2008 11:56 PM Reading a post

the #983443 2008-07-22 2:58 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
15000+ posts Mon Jul 21 2008 11:57 PM Reading a post

the #983446 2008-07-22 3:00 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk love Moderator SPLURT!
15000+ posts Mon Jul 21 2008 11:59 PM Reading a post

the #983447 2008-07-22 3:01 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
thedoctor argumentative Moderator Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts Tue Jul 22 2008 12:00 AM Reading a post

the #983448 2008-07-22 3:01 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
the "Who's Online" obsessor drunk
1000+ posts 11 seconds ago
Reading a post

the #983449 2008-07-22 3:01 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
15000+ posts Tue Jul 22 2008 12:00 AM Reading a post

the Offline