Print Thread
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://www.kryptonsite.com/

TV Guide's July 24 edition, now arriving in subscriber mailboxes with a nifty Tom Welling cover, has a BIG scoop -- that the DC Comics character of Oliver Queen, better known to fans as Green Arrow, will be making an appearance in Smallville for a story arc that will go for "at least seven episodes."

"He will start to form the nascent Justice League," Smallville executive producer Alfred Gough tells TV Guide in this week's issue. "He's trying to find like-minded people with special powers and put a more formal structure in place."

The article goes on to say that Clark will initially be wary of Green Arrow, much like he was when future characters such as the Flash or Aquaman showed up in previous seasons. "Ultimately Clark will see the value of what he is trying to do," Gough says. "But as he's gotten older, Clark has become more cautious. He will always be there to help out, but he doesn't want to be part of a formalized organization."

Just as big as the announcement of the character is the casting - Justin Hartley, who played the role of AC/Aquaman in Millar & Gough's Aquaman pilot will be playing the role of Ollie.

The article says that Hartley was quickly offered the Smallville gig. "What really appealed to us is that he has a great combination of sexiness and humor," Gough says.

TV Guide does not reveal when Oliver will first appear on the show, though here at KryptonSite, we are hearing that he may show up as early as the season's second episode, "Sneeze."

TV Guide also reveals that Lois Lane will take a romantic interest in the emerald archer.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
A seven episode arc with the Green Arrow trying to form the Justice League?

I might have to start watching this show again.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Meh.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Sneeze? Unless Clark learns super-breath in that one it's a lame ass title.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I can't remember the last time I watched Boringville..I mean, Smallville..I might have to check it out with this appearance of Green Arrow....

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Sneeze? Unless Clark learns super-breath in that one it's a lame ass title.

I hope Clark brushes his teeth regularly, because if he blew out a fire with super breath, and had super bad breath, it could kill innocent bystanders....

life." - Tuvok.

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
Quote:

TV Guide also reveals that Lois Lane will take a romantic interest in the emerald archer.

Lois is probably the only female in the DC universe Ollie hasn't slept with

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Sources say that the title of the story first featuring Ollie will be "The Queen Comes to Gaytown" followed by "We're Beating a Dead Horse." One of the show's writers, when asked about the inclusion of the young Green Arrow said, "As long as there are DCU characters to exploit in some cheesey, fanboyish way, we'll always have a job. Next season, the circus is coming to town; and when Clark has to team up with the fetus Dick Grayson, watch out! Plus, the fans are just going to slap themselves retarded when we get to the episode with the young Gangbuster."

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You know, not even Mort Weisinger, at the height of the silver age, was this shameless in retconning characters so that Superboy could meet them as teenagers.

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
"Superboy Meets the Young Green Arrow" -- in which Superboy tries to teach a young Oliver Queen how to use a bow and arrow, since he saw in his Time-Viewer that Ollie would grow up to be the heroic Green Arrow -- was a low point for Mort, though.

Notice the broad side of the barn behind the target. That was intentional.

I'm surprised this show hasn't been cancelled by now. Does anyone still watch it?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I see that Ollie didn't wear pants back then. I bet that issue was a favorite of a young Peter Townshend.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I stopped watching halfway through season one when all the did was have a stupid kryptonite villan of the week. When I read Jeph Loeb was getting involved in season 2 I decided to never go back.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Season one of Smallville had very few highlights. One episode in particular which was outstanding was " X ray", in which Clark first discovers his x ray vision, and also had to deal with a crazed girl who had an obsession with Lana Lang.

That was the BEST Smallville show, ever, IMO...

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I watched Smallville tonight, due to the chat being about the show here...It was the episode after his father had died...the one where he meets this super girl who got her powers from a heart transplant from a person who'd been killed by the meteor shower that had hit Smallville when he'd arrived on Earth .

It was quite good. Wish they could ALL be that good. I will watch the series again.

life." - Tuvok.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Sources say that the title of the story first featuring Ollie will be "The Queen Comes to Gaytown" followed by "We're Beating a Dead Horse." One of the show's writers, when asked about the inclusion of the young Green Arrow said, "As long as there are DCU characters to exploit in some cheesey, fanboyish way, we'll always have a job. Next season, the circus is coming to town; and when Clark has to team up with the fetus Dick Grayson, watch out! Plus, the fans are just going to slap themselves retarded when we get to the episode with the young Gangbuster."

LMFAO!!!

You, sir, are a genius...

500+ posts
500+ posts
I haven't seen any of the fifth season, and frankly I don't feel like I'm missing much. The quality started to go downhill in about the third season, and then it just started getting so ridiculous that I stopped watching. Will the new season be any different? Probably not.

Bringing a little order to message boards everywhere!
25+ posts
25+ posts
No! YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:

LMFAO!!!

You, sir, are a genius...

Awesome.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Fuck y'all. I think this might have some potential.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Well, a pile of warm, putrid feces also has potential. Doesn't mean I want anything to do with it, though...

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Lets leave pariah out of this.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Heh...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Well, a pile of warm, putrid feces also has potential. Doesn't mean I want anything to do with it, though...

"Not shit! Fuel!"

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Ariel AKA Warp said:
Quote:

Lois is probably the only female in the DC universe Ollie hasn't slept with

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.

Link Copied to Clipboard