Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 94 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 93 94
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Has there ever BEEN a black ventriloquist?

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh. The way that set is designed and painted, it looks like Willie and Lester are sitting in front of a confederate flag.

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
Oh, shit. I thought the same thing G-Man did. I think I need to spend less time here.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
How is Obama's policy rhetoric less specific than Hillary's?

In the last few weeks, I've mostly been going by broadcast news, rather than printed news stories about Obama and Hillary. And McCain's largely been off the radar.

I guess when you get down to it, in between sniping at each other, Obama and Hillary have both been making proposals about how to deal with the Subprime and housing crisis, Iraq strategy, moving toward energy independence, and how to deal with Iraq, Syria, North Korea and Russia.

So I guess it comes down to, for me, what Obama proposes is calm, rational, and vaguely assuring, but I just don't have confidence in the few details I've heard from him. Beginning withdrawal from Iraq while things are just beginning to stabilize doesn't sound as rational to me as McCain's commitment to stay as long as we are needed.
Obama's view of openly negotiating with the Iranians, who have lied at every turn, also sounds naive to me. I picture the Iranians chuckling privately about what a "useful idiot" Obama is, to have such a trusting approach.

But...

I've read a few things online that detail Obama's policies, that move me toward being more receptive to his ideas.

First this one, a blog where a Republican-leaning independent explains his reasoning that Obama, in his view, is the best of the three candidates offered:
a moderate explains why he favors Obama over policies of Hillary and McCain
Like this guy, while I'm a Republican, I'm increasingly independent in the post-Reagan era, and don't fully agree ideologically with any of the three candidates. But Obama, like Clinton in 1992, offers change and a move toward the future, whereas Hillary and McCain are formed and entrenched in the past.
Although with the "change" that Clinton offered, I'm still not convinced that Obama offers the best solutions in going forward.

And astonishingly, Media Matters (a site that is more often than not a Hillary advocacy site) offers this lengthy defense and detailing of Obama's policies, saying that it's a myth that he's deficient on subastantive policy:
Obama's specific policies

And this Factcheck.com piece challenges many of Hillary's account of events:
deconstructing the half-truths in Hillary's stated policies and experience

I don't have enough agreement with any of the 3 offered candidates to enthusiastically support any one of them.

I have to say, Obama has the smoothest line, the whole "hope" and "the future" thing.
But so did Clinton in 1992.
And I didn't see that Bill Clinton accomplished anything he campaigned on. And Bill Clinton was considerably more moderate than Obama. Either Hillary or Obama will vastly expand social spending programs, and slash defense spending to do it. Their stated policies vary, but they both come down to expanded social programs and bailouts. And abandoning Iraq.

Whereas McCain, while soft on immigration, presses for budget cuts and sensible continuation of our presence in Iraq.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

So I guess it comes down to, for me, what Obama proposes is calm, rational, and vaguely assuring, but I just don't have confidence in the few details I've heard from him. Beginning withdrawal from Iraq while things are just beginning to stabilize doesn't sound as rational to me as McCain's commitment to stay as long as we are needed.

Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) launched a major combat operation in the southern city of Basra today against the Mahdi Army — which is led by anti-American cleric Moktada al-Sadr – and other Shiite militias.

Violence also erupted in three other Iraqi cities, including Baghdad where “arrages of mortars and rockets pounded the fortified Green Zone area for the second time in three days” and rival Shiite militias exchanged gunfire in Sadr City, a Mahdi Army stronghold.

Quote:
[b]Iraqi forces clashed with Shiite militiamen Tuesday in the southern oil port of Basra and gunmen patrolled several Baghdad neighborhoods as followers of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr ordered a nationwide civil disobedience campaign to demand an end to the crackdown on their movement.

Explosions rang out across central Baghdad as rockets or mortars fired from Shiite areas targeted the U.S.-protected Green Zone for the second time this week.

The violence was part of an escalation in the confrontation between the Shiite-run government and al-Sadr’s followers — a move that threatens the security gains achieved by U.S. and Iraqi forces. At least 22 people were killed in the Basra fighting

according to reports, the current wave of violence is endangering a recently renewed ceasefire al-Sadr declared last August – which has been widely credited with helping to reduce violence throughout Iraq. Yesterday, al-Sadr called for a nationwide civil disobedience campaign “in response to what his followers say is an unwarranted crackdown” by the Iraqi government. Yet one Iraqi Member of Parliament and al-Sadr supporter said if the ISF “keep targeting us like this, we’ll know how to respond.”

There is no silver lining in the increased violence. Last week, Gen. David Petraeus said the military “progress in Iraq is fragile” and “tenuous. As it's been ever since "Mission Accomplished" and frankly, American's are against this war precisely because we've had 5 years of rosy pictures painted and promises not delivered and wait 6 more months and see. Year after year after year. Enough!

whomod #935000 2008-03-26 1:26 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
New York Post:

• Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, gave less than 1 percent of their total $1.2 million income from 2000 through 2004 to charity, according to tax returns his campaign released yesterday.

Their total charitable donations for those four years totaled $10,770 - a small chunk of the couple's total income while Obama was an Illinois state senator, and a lowball figure compared to other politicians.

Their giving increased in 2005 and 2006, to more than $137,000 combined, after the couple's income skyrocketed to a total of $2.6 million thanks in part to royalties for Obama's two memoirs, the documents show.

In 2005, they gave a little over 4 percent to charity, and in 2006 just over 6 percent, the tax returns show. And Obama aides said that while they haven't yet released his 2007 returns, he donated $240,000 to charity last year.

BTW, I heard on the radio this morning that almost all of those donations went to Rev. Wright's "hate Amerikkka" church.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

There is no silver lining in the increased violence. Last week, Gen. David Petraeus said the military “progress in Iraq is fragile” and “tenuous. As it's been ever since "Mission Accomplished" and frankly, American's are against this war precisely because we've had 5 years of rosy pictures painted and promises not delivered and wait 6 more months and see. Year after year after year. Enough!

And Obama's proposal to withdraw, and leave potential chaos in Iraq to grow, and spread to neighboring Arab nations, is a rational alternative?

I think not.

As Powell said, "you break it, you own it". We took on that responsibility, and we can't just abandon those who supported us among the Iraqis to be slaughtered.

It's contemptible to me how you want the U.S. to give up at every turn, at the slightest sign of adversity. If you had your way, Iraq would be a hub for Al Qaeda now, spreading terrorism throughout the Middle East and Europe. Now that Al Qaeda had fled Iraq, it will be easier to fight the disruptive element led by Muqtada Al Sadr, or to negotiate terms for them to lay down their arms.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

It's contemptible to me how you want the U.S. to give up at every turn, at the slightest sign of adversity. If you had your way, Iraq would be a hub for Al Qaeda now, spreading terrorism throughout the Middle East and Europe. Now that Al Qaeda had fled Iraq, it will be easier to fight the disruptive element led by Muqtada Al Sadr, or to negotiate terms for them to lay down their arms.

Well that's been the problem all along. This tendency to conflate anything going on in the middle east as being related to "al Queda" and 9/11. Al queda/foreign fighters is only a presence, although arguably a small one compared to the real problem which is civil war, because we invaded Iraq in the 1st place.

Yes yes, the damage is done. BUUUUT. As McCan has shown last week, the conflating of enemies you wish to attack with the "al Queda" bogeyman is still very much alive and well in the Republican party. That alone should disqualify them from further getting us into unneccesary wars while ignoring Osama Bin laden for another decade.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I'm sure privately, if you could find the rock Obama has been hiding under for the past 8 years, he would be the first to tell you the Bush administration has hardly ignored him.

Obama may be alive still but he is nothing more than a joke quite honestly. It's just a matter of time as long as the pressure is kept on him and al qaeda.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Uh, OSama, not OBama, P.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
heh.....that was an accident......I swear.

funny nevertheless.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
An accident....surrree, Mr. Kennedy, surrrerrrrreee.....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
another way you can tell Obama is an idiot, he says he would have went into Pakistan after Al-Qaida and Obama

he thinks Iraq was a shitfest? try invading a country with nuclear bombs...

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
another way you can tell Obama is an idiot, he says he would have went into Pakistan after Al-Qaida and Obama

he thinks Iraq was a shitfest? try invading a country with nuclear bombs...

um... bsams. \:-\[

President Bush took the same position as Obama in a 2006 interview with Wolf Blitzer. “Absolutely,” said Bush when asked if he “would give the order” to “kill or capture” al Qaeda leaders in Pakistan, even if the Pakistani government objected.

And then this happeed.......

Quote:
The Washington Post:

In the predawn hours of Jan. 29, a CIA Predator aircraft flew in a slow arc above the Pakistani town of Mir Ali. The drone's operator, relying on information secretly passed to the CIA by local informants, clicked a computer mouse and sent the first of two Hellfire missiles hurtling toward a cluster of mud-brick buildings a few miles from the town center.

The missiles killed Abu Laith al-Libi, a senior al-Qaeda commander and a man who had repeatedly eluded the CIA's dragnet. It was the first successful strike against al-Qaeda's core leadership in two years, and it involved, U.S. officials say, an unusual degree of autonomy by the CIA inside Pakistan.

It is an approach that some U.S. officials say could be used more frequently this year, particularly if a power vacuum results from yesterday's election and associated political tumult. The administration also feels an increased sense of urgency about undermining al-Qaeda before President Bush leaves office, making it less hesitant, said one official familiar with the incident.

Having requested the Pakistani government's official permission for such strikes on previous occasions, only to be put off or turned down, this time the U.S. spy agency did not seek approval. The government of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf was notified only as the operation was underway, according to the officials, who insisted on anonymity because of diplomatic sensitivities.

In late January U.S. forces, acting with autonomy inside Pakistan, were able to target and kill Abu Laith al-Libi, a senior al-Qaeda commander.

The strike, which came without the Pakistani government's knowledge and helped eliminate an individual who had long eluded the spy-agency's capture, was an obvious boon in the War on Terror. But the political implications of the operation were just as fascinating.

In August of last year, Sen. Barack Obama had made the argument that, as president, he would target Al Qaeda officials in Pakistan even without the country's acquiescence -- the type of attack that, six months later, proved to be successful.

At the time, Obama was roundly criticized for his remarks, both by his Democratic competitors for the White House and by the Bush administration.

"We think that our approach to Pakistan is not only one that respects the sovereignty of Pakistan, but also is designed so that we are working in cooperation," said then-Press Secretary Tony Snow.

Originally Posted By: Barak Obama
"I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges... But let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. ... If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will."

President Bush himself lambasted Obama's approach to foreign affairs.

"I certainly don't know what he believes in," Bush said on February 10, about Obama. "The only foreign policy thing I remember he said was he's going to attack Pakistan and embrace Ahmadinejad."

To be sure, not everything is known about the extent and execution of the CIA's operation. But, on the surface, it carries similarities to Obama's stated approach towards Pakistan's terrorism problem, the same approach Bush trivialized.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
At the time Obama made those remarks it was interepreted as a statement that he wouldn't just deploy forced in Pakistan for a limited strike against Al Quaeda (which is what Bush did), but that he would invade the country.

But, either way, you hardly score any points for your candidate by comparing him to a president you hate beyond all reason.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I don't see how that's inconsistent with anything the left or Democrats have been saying in regards to the Iraq war. THAT IT'S A DISTRACTION FROM THE WAR ON TERROR AND THAT WE NEED TO GO AFTER AL QUEDA WHO did ATTACK US.

That Bush actually did just that rather than placating the Pakistani Govt. is consistent with Obama's position. Were that we had more of that instead of wasting 5 years trying to hold Iraq together after we stupidly took it apart, gaining nothing in the process.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Obama is an idiot.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Obama is an idiot.

You called him out on something he said that Bush actually did, quite successfully a while later.

So um...

Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts is an idiot

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
are you typing in english?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The Wall street Journal:

Quote:
Pastor Flap Hasn't Hurt Obama

By JACKIE CALMES
March 26, 2008 7:19 p.m.

WASHINGTON -- The racially charged debate over Barack Obama's relationship with his longtime pastor hasn't much changed his close (no, not so close - whomod) contest against Hillary Clinton, or hurt him against Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

Democratic pollster Peter Hart, who conducts the Journal/NBC polls with Republican pollster Bill McInturff, called the latest poll a "myth-buster" that showed the pastor controversy is "not the beginning of the end for the Obama campaign."

But both Democrats, and especially New York's Sen. Clinton, are showing wounds from their prolonged and increasingly bitter nomination contest, which could weaken the ultimate nominee for the general-election showdown against Sen. McCain of Arizona. Even among women, who are the base of Sen. Clinton's support, she now is viewed negatively by more voters than positively for the first time in a Journal/NBC poll.

Quote:

[Go to poll results.]
See the poll results

The latest survey has the Democratic rivals in a dead heat, each with 45% support from registered Democratic voters. That is a slight improvement for Sen. Obama, though a statistically insignificant one, from the last Journal/NBC poll two weeks ago, which had Sen. Clinton leading among Democratic voters, 47% to 43%.

While Sen. Clinton still leads among white Democrats, her edge shrank to eight points (49% to 41%) from 12 points in early March (51% to 39%). That seems to refute widespread speculation -- and fears among Sen. Obama's backers -- that he would lose white support for his bid to be the nation's first African-American president over the controversy surrounding his former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. of Chicago.

Had that erosion happened, party leaders' reassessment of Sen. Obama's electability could have tipped the race to Sen. Clinton's favor. Weathering the episode could strengthen his standing among the party leaders nationwide -- the superdelegates -- whose votes are likely to break the impasse.

Beyond the nomination race, in hypothetical matchups for November's election Sen. Obama still edges Sen. McCain 44% to 42%. That is nearly the same result as in the early March poll, before videos of Mr. Wright's most fiery sermons spread over the Internet. But Sen. Clinton, who likewise had a narrow advantage over Sen. McCain in the earlier survey, trails in this one by two points, 44% to his 46%.

The poll was conducted Monday and Tuesday, a week after Sen. Obama delivered a generally well-received address on race. The poll's margin for error is 3.7 percentage points for questions put to a cross-section of 700 registered voters, and slightly higher for those questions put only to subgroups of Democratic, Republican or black voters.

As reassuring as the poll is for Sen. Obama, Mr. Hart and Mr. McInturff agreed that it did indicate that a substantial number of voters question whether the first-term senator would be a safe choice, or whether more needs to be known about him. Mr. McInturff said some voters are wondering, "Do we know enough about this guy?"

While the senator's support among Democrats is little changed, he did slip among conservatives and Republican voters, groups that had shown some attraction to Sen. Obama's message of changing partisan politics in Washington.

"I think the survey does indicate that this has taken a little of the patina off Sen. Obama," Mr. McInturff said.

But the pollster also saw "some evidence here that Sen. Obama's speech did him well." The candidate's support for his handling of the Wright matter was stronger among those voters who said they saw his 37-minute speech.

In the Philadelphia address, which Sen. Obama wrote and titled "A More Perfect Union," he criticized his former pastor for his condemnations of the U.S. for its injustices to blacks, but refused to renounce him.

He also sought to explain to both blacks and whites the grievances that each holds against the other, while urging both to recognize their real enemies are shared ones -- chiefly economic and educational inequality, and the job losses from globalization.

The Clinton campaign had steered clear of the Wright controversy, until Sen. Clinton this week told interviewers she would have found a new minister had hers made the remarks Mr. Wright did. Sen. Obama for two decades has attended the 8,000-member Chicago church where Mr. Wright, who retired recently, was pastor.

The negativity of the Obama-Clinton contest seems to be hurting Sen. Clinton more, the poll shows. A 52% majority of all voters says she doesn't have the background or values they identify with. But 50% say Sen. Obama does share their values, and 57% agree that Sen. McCain does.

Also, fewer voters hold positive views of Sen. Clinton than did so just two weeks ago in the Journal/NBC poll. Among all voters, 48% have negative feelings toward her and 37% positive, a decline from a net positive 45% to 43% rating in early March. While 51% of African-American voters have positive views, that is down 12 points from earlier this month, before the Wright controversy.

More ominous for Sen. Clinton is the net-negative rating she drew for the first time from women, one of the groups where she has drawn most support. In this latest poll, voters with negative views narrowly outstrip those with positive ones, 44% to 42%. That compares with her positive rating from 51% of women in the earlier March poll.

Both she and Sen. Obama showed five-point declines in positive ratings from white voters. But where she is viewed mostly negatively, by 51% to 34% of whites, Sen. Obama's gets a net positive rating, by 42% to 37%. Among all voters, he maintained a significant positive-to-negative score of 49% to 32%—similar to Sen. McCain's 45% to 25%.

The toll on both Democrats from their rhetorical brawling is evident in these poll findings: About a fifth of Clinton voters say they would support Sen. McCain if she isn't the Democratic nominee, and likewise a fifth of Obama voters say they would do the same if he isn't the party standard-bearer.

It's good to see that the negative Clinton tactics have backfired and hurt Clinton a lot more than they did Obama.

Frankly I like poll results in easy to read charts, but so far this is all that's been released.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
your a moron, the story says they both have been hurt, clinton bt her tactics, and Obama's membership to a racist church. can you read english?

by the way the headline is "Democrats Are Tied in New Poll" in your story, this shows that Obama is not a frontrunner as he tries to spin, but actually they are tied. im sure as more of Obama's racist past surfaces, he should be in good shape at the general election

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
your a moron, the story says they both have been hurt, clinton bt her tactics, and Obama's membership to a racist church. can you read english?

by the way the headline is "Democrats Are Tied in New Poll" in your story, this shows that Obama is not a frontrunner as he tries to spin, but actually they are tied. im sure as more of Obama's racist past surfaces, he should be in good shape at the general election

You really are stupid, aren't you? Can you not differentiate between being "tied" as far as this opinion poll is concerned among registered Democrats and being the Democratic front runner because you are way ahead of delegates won, given by people who already voted? On that note, and pretty much the only one that really counts and determines the current front runner, Obama is way ahead of Hillary.

As far as the title is concerned, I completely copied and pasted the WSJ story from 5 hours ago. Since then they've apparently changed the title of the story. But since you'll probably claim I made the Obama title up or something, here's a snapshot of the Google search:

Wow!

Others also copied it with the old title and re-posted it, including Drudge.

and a direct link to the picture I posted:

Pastor Flap Hasn't Hurt Obama

But knowing you, you'll just say I made it up anyways out of spite or something. Or just anger that Obama is cleaning Clinton's clock and he's getting closer and closer to the Presidency.

And forgive me for saying so but you seem unnaturally obsessed with reverse racism. Did a black man take a job you were supposedly more qualified for with your keener intellect?

Like say that keen intellect that allows you to know the difference between being tied in an opinion poll and being way ahead in pledged delegate votes?

Or not.

But the point of the original WSJ title still stands. The Pastor flap hasn't hurt Obama in any significant way and in fact, his historic speech actually helped him. On the other hand, Hillary's incessant attacks are hurting her and she's dropping to where her unfavorable rating is down and she no longer has the slight edge over Obama that she got when the Wright thing was being circulated last week. That was the worst week of his campaign and he did quite well, remarkably so all things considered. Too bad for you. \:\(

He is doing badly with older white southerners though. Big surprise there. The good news is that it doesn't matter.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Hillary is portrayed as evil and selfish (and yeah, she's a hardened infighter, but Saint Obama, for all his above-the-fray-ness, has launched or at best passively endorsed some nasty attacks on Hillary), but she expressed openness to an Obama/Hillary ticket, which Obama rejected flatout. And she was willing to change the rules to allow admission of FL and MI primary results in some capacity, not necessarily in a way that favored her.

Again I ask, why should the clear Democratic front runner agree to throw in the towel and agree to being the Vice President of the candidate that's trailing in 2nd place? How does that make any sort of sense?

Shouldn't it be Hillary Clinton hoping that Obama gives her the Veep nod?

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Nope. Osama would be better off shielding himself behind Hillary's glower seeing as how his black Beaver Cleaver image is slowly crumbling.

It doesn't matter how much Hillary is seen as a ghoul. She'll still have her femme loyalists and black-mailees.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Nope. Osama would be better off shielding himself behind Hillary's glower seeing as how his black Beaver Cleaver image is slowly crumbling.

wow.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Too soon?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
perfect timing.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

As far as the title is concerned, I completely copied and pasted the WSJ story from 5 hours ago. Since then they've apparently changed the title of the story. But since you'll probably claim I made the Obama title up or something, here's a snapshot of the Google search:

whomod, i have debated you (and won handily), i have argued with you(and dominated), but this goes beyind disgusting. you've disgraced the memory of kristogar velo. you googled, and when i make this accusation, i admit, i too have googled. but what disgusts me, is the fact that you would photoshop a google search. this goes against everything kristogar velo stood for.

ladies and gentlemen of the rkmbs, the real search results:

go to hell whomod. somewhere an eternal 11 year old is crying.

bastard.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/20/AR2008032003017_pf.html

Quote:
The beauty of a speech is that you don't just give the answers, you provide your own questions. "Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes." So said Barack Obama, in his Philadelphia speech about his pastor, friend, mentor and spiritual adviser of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright.

An interesting, if belated, admission. But the more important question is: which"controversial" remarks?

Wright's assertion from the pulpit that the U.S. government invented HIV "as a means of genocide against people of color"? Wright's claim that America was morally responsible for Sept. 11 -- "chickens coming home to roost" -- because of, among other crimes, Hiroshima and Nagasaki? (Obama says he missed church that day. Had he never heard about it?) What about the charge that the U.S. government (of Franklin Roosevelt, mind you) knew about Pearl Harbor, but lied about it? Or that the government gives drugs to black people, presumably to enslave and imprison them?

Obama condemns such statements as wrong and divisive, then frames the next question: "There will no doubt be those for whom my statements of condemnation are not enough. Why associate myself with Reverend Wright in the first place, they may ask? Why not join another church?"

But that is not the question. The question is why didn't he leave that church? Why didn't he leave -- why doesn't he leave even today -- a pastor who thundered not once but three times from the pulpit (on a DVD the church proudly sells) "God damn America"? Obama's 5,000-word speech, fawned over as a great meditation on race, is little more than an elegantly crafted, brilliantly sophistic justification of that scandalous dereliction.

His defense rests on two central propositions: (a) moral equivalence and (b) white guilt.

(a) Moral equivalence. Sure, says Obama, there's Wright, but at the other "end of the spectrum" there's Geraldine Ferraro, opponents of affirmative action and his own white grandmother, "who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe." But did she shout them in a crowded theater to incite, enrage and poison others?

"I can no more disown [Wright] than I can my white grandmother." What exactly was Grandma's offense? Jesse Jackson himself once admitted to the fear he feels from the footsteps of black men on the street. And Harry Truman was known to use epithets for blacks and Jews in private, yet is revered for desegregating the armed forces and recognizing the first Jewish state since Jesus's time. He never spread racial hatred. Nor did Grandma.

Yet Obama compares her to Wright. Does he not see the moral difference between the occasional private expression of the prejudices of one's time and the use of a public stage to spread racial lies and race hatred?

(b) White guilt. Obama's purpose in the speech was to put Wright's outrages in context. By context, Obama means history. And by history, he means the history of white racism. Obama says, "We do not need to recite here the history of racial injustice in this country," and then he proceeds to do precisely that. What lies at the end of his recital of the long train of white racial assaults from slavery to employment discrimination? Jeremiah Wright, of course.

This contextual analysis of Wright's venom, this extenuation of black hate speech as a product of white racism, is not new. It's the Jesse Jackson politics of racial grievance, expressed in Ivy League diction and Harvard Law nuance. That's why the speech made so many liberal commentators swoon: It bathed them in racial guilt while flattering their intellectual pretensions. An unbeatable combination.

But Obama was supposed to be new. He flatters himself as a man of the future transcending the anger of the past as represented by his beloved pastor. Obama then waxes rhapsodic about the hope brought by the new consciousness of the young people in his campaign. Then answer this, Senator: If Wright is a man of the past, why would you expose your children to his vitriolic divisiveness? This is a man who curses America and who proclaimed moral satisfaction in the deaths of 3,000 innocents at a time when their bodies were still being sought at Ground Zero. It is not just the older congregants who stand and cheer and roar in wild approval of Wright's rants, but young people as well. Why did you give $22,500 just two years ago to a church run by a man of the past who infects the younger generation with precisely the racial attitudes and animus you say you have come unto us to transcend?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Kristogar Velo is God.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.whereskilroy.com/?p=151

Obama Girl vs. Rev. Wright

I think what a presidential candidate considers good and bad gives you a good look into what kind of a leader they will be. So I decided to look around and see what Barack Hussein Obama considers good and bad. Here's an excerpt from a AP story about the Obama Girl:

"Sasha asked Mommy about it," Obama said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press. "She said, 'Daddy already has a wife' or something like that."

"I Got A Crush On Obama" stars an aspiring model and actress named Amber Lee Ettinger, aka Obama Girl. Her song, which has lines like "Universal health care reform, it makes me warm," has gotten more than 3 million hits and nearly 10,000 comments since being posted two months ago on YouTube, the online video-sharing site.

Sen. Obama, D-Ill., said he knows the video was meant to be lighthearted, but he wasn't smiling when asked about it in the interview.

"I guess it's too much to ask, but you do wish people would think about what impact their actions have on kids and families," Obama said during the interview, held in the den of a supporter who just had hosted a campaign stop on her front lawn attended by about 120 people.

"This is part of the process of politics that can be difficult, (that) is making sure that your kids and your wife and your family are insulated from both things like this," Obama said.

Strong words. People should think about what impact their words and actions have on their kids and families. They should try to insulate their families from bad things. I wonder why Obama doesn't have a problem taking his kids and family to a church where the pastor says this:

“The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God Damn America … for killing innocent people. God Damn America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God Damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

“Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

It's easy to see what Obama finds offensive, and what he doesn't find offensive. To simplify it for the Obama Fanatics, light hearted YouTube videos are bad for the family. Racial hatred, and intolerance being preached from the pulpit is good enough to take the kids to hear every Sunday and join the church as a member. It doesn't get any clearer than that!

When Obama was campaigning in the South, he invoked the name of MArtin Luther King daily, MLK would not have stood for such talk in a church.

If it wasn't obvious before it should be pretty clear now, Obama isn't the next JFK, if anything he's the next David Duke.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Israel Insider:Israel's daily newsmagazine

• the legacy of dissimulation about his long-concealed identity is about to come crashing down around the ears of Barack Hussein Obama, courtesy of the assembled testimony of his family, friends, classmates and teachers.

The accumulated research indicates that Obama was in his childhood a devout Muslim, the son of a devout Muslim, the step-son of a devout Muslim and the grandson and namesake ("Hussein") of a devout Muslim. He was registered in school as a Muslim and demonstrated his ability to chant praise to Allah in impressive Arab-accented tones even as an adult. Just as he has not disavowed his "uncle" Jeremiah, neither has he disavowed his Muslim faith that he was born into, raised with, celebrated and never abandoned. He just covered it over with a thin veneer of his own self-styled "Christianity."

Although as an adult he would register as a Christian, and occasionally attend a Christian Church (but apparently not often enough to listen to the preaching of his pastor, or so he would claim) this was a necessary step for a man who from earliest boyhood has nurtured the precocious ambition to be President of the United States.
    • He was entered into the Roman Catholic, Franciscus Assisi Primary School, in Jakarta, Indonesia, on January 1, 1968, registered under the name Barry Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen whose religion was listed as Islam. Catholic schools accept non-Catholics worldwide. Non-Catholic students are typically excused from religious instruction and ceremony.
    • in 1971, Obama enrolled in the Besuki Primary School, a government school, as Barry Soetoro, Muslim...In his autobiography, "Dreams From My Father," Obama mentions studying the Koran and describes the public school as "a Muslim school."
    • According to Tine Hahiyary, one of Obama's teachers and the principal from 1971 through 1989, Barry actively took part in the Islamic religious lessons during his time at the school. "I remembered that he had studied "mengaji" (recitation of the Quran)" Tine said.
    • The Obama Campaign told the LA Times he wasn't a "practicing Muslim." (3/14/2007). But his official website says: "Obama Has Never Been A Muslim, And Is a Committed Christian" (11/12/2007)That's not what his friends and classmates have said. Classmate Rony Amiris describes young Barry as enjoying playing football and marbles and of being a very devout Muslim. Amiris, now the manager of Bank Mandiri, Jakarta, recently said, "Barry was previously quite religious in Islam. His birth father, Barack Hussein Obama was a Muslim economist from Kenya. Before marrying Ann Dunham, Hussein Obama was married to a woman from Kenya who had seven children. All the relatives of Barry's father were very devout Muslims". Emirsyah Satar, CEO of Garuda Indonesia, was quoted as saying, "He (Obama) was often in the prayer room wearing a 'sarong', at that time."
    • "He was quite religious in Islam but only after marrying Michelle, he changed his religion." So Obama, according to his classmates and friends was a Muslim until the confluence of love and ambitious, caused him to adopt the cloak of Christianity: to marry Michelle and to run for President of the United States.
    • In "Dreams," Obama sheds light on his formative years and the political views of his mother, an anthropologist and Islamophile who hated America and subsequently "went native."
    • Obama Senior also had three sons by another woman who are all Muslim. Although Obama claims his father was an atheist, he was buried as a Muslim.
    • Barack Obama's brother Roy opted for Islam over Christianity, as the Senator recounted in his book when describing his 1992 wedding. "The person who made me proudest of all," Obama wrote, "was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol."Abongo "argues that the black man must "liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture." He urged his younger brother to embrace his African heritage.
    • In Kenya while he was a Senator, Obama stumped for his cousin, opposition leader Raila Odinga, the son of Senior's sister, a direct first cousin and nephew of Obama's father. On August 29, 2007, Raila Odinga and Shiekh Abdullah Abdi, chairman of the National Muslim Leaders Forum of Kenya signed a Memorandum of Understanding in which it pledges the support of Kenyan Moslems for Raila's election. In return, as President of Kenya, Raila agrees ... within 6 months re-write the Constitution of Kenya to recognize Shariah as the only true law sanctioned by the Holy Quran for Muslim declared regions [and] within one year to facilitate the establishment of a Shariah court in every Kenyan divisional headquarters -- everywhere in Kenya, not just in "Muslim declared regions" -- and to popularize Islam, the only true religion ... by ordering every primary school in Kenya in the regions to conduct daily Madrassa classes.
    • In an interview with the New York Times, published on April 30th, Maya Soetoro-Ng, Obama's younger half sister, told the Times, "My whole family was Muslim, and most of the people I knew were Muslim."
    • On February 27th, speaking to Kristof of The New York Times, Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." In an interview with Nicholas Kristof, published in The New York Times, Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer, the Adhan, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent." The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme! I witness that there is no god but Allah I witness that there is no god but Allah I witness that Muhammad is his prophet? " According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses a Muslim's complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of Islam. Obama chanted it with pride and finesse.
    • An American Expat in Southeast Asia blog, written by an American who has lived in Indonesia for 20 years and has met with both the Taliban and al-Qaeda, contains the following:[i]"Barack Hussein Obama might have convinced some Americans that he is no longer a Muslim, but so far he has not convinced many in the world's most populous Muslim country who still see him as a Muslim and a crusader for Islam and world peace."
  • Obama wants it both ways, has always wanted it both ways. Black and white, Indonesian and American, Muslim and Christian. He loves playing one off the other, using one to hide the other even as the traces of the truth may be assembled to reveal the whole cloth of deception and self-promotion he has been weaving so skillfully since his childhood. No wonder he is a man of change. He IS a changeling, a veritable chameleon, adapting and amending his life story to fit the circumstances.

The charm may have worked once. It still works on some. It won't work forever in the age of the Internet. The fog of ambiguity and dissimulation is dissipated by the harsh, unforgiving and scrutiny of the blogosphere and its unlimited access to historical facts and time-stamped testimony.

Many have been puzzled why Obama could claim not to be familiar with Wright's rants. It turns out the Trinity Church, like many African-American churches, happily accepts believing Muslims within its congregation. And evidently many Muslims have no problems surrounding themselves with an anti-American, anti-Israel preacher who week in and week out wins the amens of his adoring congregation.

On Feb 15/08, Usama K. Dakdok, President of The Straight Way of Grace Ministry called Obama's Church and reported the following conversation: " I then asked the person who answered what I needed to do to join. She told me that I needed to attend two Sunday School classes in a row and then I would walk the aisle. I replied, "That sounds easy. One last question please. If I am Muslim and I believe in the Prophet Mohammed, peace be unto him and I also believe in Jesus, peace be unto him, do I have to give up my Islamic faith to be a member in your church? She answered: "No, we have many Muslim members in our church."

Indeed.

Wow. If even half that's true....

Praise Allah.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whoopsy whomod!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
MEM should email that article to Hillary.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
If he doesn't I will.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i just sent it out to them twice!

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Obama is an idiot.

You called him out on something he said that Bush actually did, quite successfully a while later.

So um...

Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts is an idiot

He's not an idiot. He's a fool. To be pitied.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
What's the difference between an idiot and a fool in your mind?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://www.whereskilroy.com/?p=151

Obama Girl vs. Rev. Wright

I think what a presidential candidate considers good and bad gives you a good look into what kind of a leader they will be. So I decided to look around and see what Barack Hussein Obama considers good and bad. Here's an excerpt from a AP story about the Obama Girl:

"Sasha asked Mommy about it," Obama said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press. "She said, 'Daddy already has a wife' or something like that."

"I Got A Crush On Obama" stars an aspiring model and actress named Amber Lee Ettinger, aka Obama Girl. Her song, which has lines like "Universal health care reform, it makes me warm," has gotten more than 3 million hits and nearly 10,000 comments since being posted two months ago on YouTube, the online video-sharing site.

Sen. Obama, D-Ill., said he knows the video was meant to be lighthearted, but he wasn't smiling when asked about it in the interview.

"I guess it's too much to ask, but you do wish people would think about what impact their actions have on kids and families," Obama said during the interview, held in the den of a supporter who just had hosted a campaign stop on her front lawn attended by about 120 people.

"This is part of the process of politics that can be difficult, (that) is making sure that your kids and your wife and your family are insulated from both things like this," Obama said.

Strong words. People should think about what impact their words and actions have on their kids and families. They should try to insulate their families from bad things. I wonder why Obama doesn't have a problem taking his kids and family to a church where the pastor says this:

“The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God Damn America … for killing innocent people. God Damn America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God Damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

“Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

It's easy to see what Obama finds offensive, and what he doesn't find offensive. To simplify it for the Obama Fanatics, light hearted YouTube videos are bad for the family. Racial hatred, and intolerance being preached from the pulpit is good enough to take the kids to hear every Sunday and join the church as a member. It doesn't get any clearer than that!

When Obama was campaigning in the South, he invoked the name of MArtin Luther King daily, MLK would not have stood for such talk in a church.

If it wasn't obvious before it should be pretty clear now, Obama isn't the next JFK, if anything he's the next David Duke.

Another point I heard brought up on the radio today is the fact that Obama criticized Don Imus for his one little phrase "nappy headed hos" and said that Imus had a track record of such comments ( ) and shouldn't be on the air (once again invoking his innocent daughters). He said, "He (Imus) would not be working for me." So I guess Obama only looks for the good in black racists.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Basically. This sin't going away. If he had a set he would say ...."I fucked up....I don't ever want to see that racist man again(wright). I admonish him and reject any affiliation with him. I'm also a muslim and partner with al-qaeda."

Praise Allah!

Page 29 of 94 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard