15000+ posts
OP Offline
Schlub
15000+ posts
Collingdale teen faces of thousands of counts of sexual assault
By ROSE QUINN, rquinn@delcotimes.com
04/26/2007
email this story

COLLINGDALE -- An 18-year-old borough man already jailed on an alleged sexual assault offense was slapped with a whopping 5,495 additional counts involving two more victims and sent back to prison -- in lieu of $1 million cash bail.

Matthew Rosean, of the 100 block of Wayne Avenue, was in court Tuesday for a preliminary hearing on the initial arrest, but the matter was continued until May 1, at Delaware County Assistant District Attorney Joseph Brielmann’s request.

The courtroom was packed with supporters on both sides of the case, and Magisterial District Judge Laurence J. McKeon instructed all parties, some obviously agitated, to refrain from harassing behavior.

Both Brielmann and Robert Keller, Rosean’s defense attorney, had to hush the group at different times.

Rosean is the son of a home day-care provider. A female teen he was initially charged with assaulting was in his mother’s care. He was being held at the prison on $500,000 cash in that case.

Brielmann told the court two additional victims have been identified since Rosean’s March arrest, resulting in the added charges.

Rosean was charged with 785 counts each of statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, endangering the welfare of a child and corruption of minors. The alleged offenses occurred as long as five years ago in some instances, and as recent as March 13 of this year.

Some of the incidents reportedly occurred while the girls were watching television, in the bathroom and home sick from school.

"Just let me touch you once," the affidavit of probable cause for arrest quotes Rosean as saying to one of the victims. Though she said, "No," according to the affidavit, he still tried to put his hand down her pants.

McKeon conducted the preliminary arraignment.

In the majority of instances, the victims said Rosean allegedly touched their private areas to the point that it hurt, according to the arrest affidavit. He is also accused of performing oral sex on the victims.

Cpl. Kenneth Felker, with the assistance of the county’s Children and Youth Services, conducted the investigation.

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Is he a friend of yours?

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
That's quite a bit of research he was doing.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
this should be in the writers block!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Coming Soon...

Schlub
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Schlub
15000+ posts
maybe Peej has a recipe.

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

Link Copied to Clipboard