PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Powell Looks for Forgiveness and a Hug from the Left by Endorsing Obama
By Tommy DeSeno
Attorney/Writer

Four out of five Secretaries of State surveyed recommend John McCain to those who will vote.

That’s right. Henry Kissenger, James Baker, Lawrence Eagleburger and Alexander Haig have all endorsed the Republican nominee. But like the one dentist out of five who recommends sugary gum, Colin Powell has endorsed Barack Obama.

That’s the only secretary of state endorsement the media wants to talk about, like it’s some “Republican on Republican crime.”

Powell has essentially endorsed the guy from the other team. But beware the effect of “that’s your own man saying so” in politics. Because which player is on what team isn’t always so clear.

Powell never fully committed to the Republican team, even while Republicans recognized his talents and made him National Security Adviser, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and secretary of state.

After the first Gulf War, when there was talk of Powell running for President, he was coy about which party he’d use to do it. His finger was in the political wind.

On liberal issues, Powell has been a fan of that weird civil right involving killing baby humans. He supports affirmative action, some gun control and won’t support a constitutional ban on burning the flag in protest of America here on her soil. He now complains Republicans are “too far right.” Where are we supposed to be, Colin?

So was Powell really a teammate of Republicans (despite having given McCain the maximum campaign donation allowed by law)?

I’ll admit though there are Republican positions Powell has supported…

Like the Iraq invasion. Since 2003 those on the left have painted Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz and anyone else at the top as more horrid than those who attacked us on 9/11.

If your motto is “Bush lied, people died,” surely you recognize the voice of Powell. He appeared at the UN to sell the invasion based on WMDs to the UN and the world.

So where now is the rage of the left, who even tried to have Rumsfeld indicted as a war criminal in several European countries? Will the left forgive and forget what they once saw as Powell’s crimes against humanity in exchange for a mere endorsement? Oh, that’s right, the left forgave Bill Ayers. Forgiving Powell should be a cinch.

What is really behind this endorsement is Powell looking for forgiveness and a hug from the left. This is what he said nearly a year ago about what he will look for in a candidate:

“A vision that reaches out to the rest of the world and starts to restore confidence in America. And starts to restore favorable ratings to America, frankly. We’ve lost a lot in recent years.”

If you agree (or care) that our standing in the world has been lessened by the Iraq invasion as Powell says, then it’s fair to say it’s Powell’s fault. Repair that and Powell gets to wake up tomorrow as a different person.

So the Obama endorsement is Powell’s personal mea culpa to the left for the Iraq invasion, without regard to whether Obama will be good or bad for America here at home.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
FOXNews.com?

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it's no Keith Olberman.....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081024/NEWS01/310240066

Quote:
TURTLECREEK TWP. – A Warren County man is taking the long-simmering dispute over Barack Obama’s birthplace – Hawaii or Kenya? – to court.

David M. Neal of Turtlecreek Township plunked down a $200 fee to file a lawsuit Friday in Warren Common Pleas Court in Lebanon.

The suit seeks to force state and federal officials to take more steps to settle, once and for all, the question of Obama’s legitimacy as a potential president.

The U.S. Constitution requires presidents to be natural-born citizens who are at least 35 years old. “Mr. Obama has failed to demonstrate that he is a ‘natural-born’ citizen,” Neal declares.

He asserts that Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, the Democratic National Committee, the Ohio Democratic Party and U.S. Sen. Diane Feinstein all ought to be held responsible for verifying that Obama meets the constitutional requirements for president.

Various fact-checking groups and journalists have investigated a Hawaiian birth certificate that they conclude appears to be valid. Images of the document are available on various Internet sites. But Neal and others say doubt lingers.

This is the second politically charged lawsuit to be filed in Warren County in recent weeks. Another suit, filed Oct. 14, was filed by two Warren County residents seeking to dissolve the community organizing group ACORN under the Corrupt Activity Act.

In a phone interview, Neal told The Enquirer he’s a retired businessman, “an ordinary guy,” and not a lawyer. He says he has informally worked with a lawyer through an unnamed “grass-roots group” of people who e-mail each other. The group expects to file similar actions in other states, Neal said.

In fact, much of the wording in Neal’s suit mirrors language in a similar Obama birth challenge filed in August in the U.S. District Court for Eastern Pennsylvania, by attorney Philip Berg.

Neal said mainstream national media organizations have refused to listen to his claims. Asked why he filed the suit, he said, “It’s not about me. It’s about our country.”

If Obama is proved to be foreign born, what will happen to the election? Will Biden automatically receive his votes, or will Obama if he miraculously receives the majority votes be elected, but immediately removed from office?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
655321 talkative User 200+ posts 10/25/08 12:40 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: The generic '08 election thread

\:lol\:

400+ posts
400+ posts
lol it'll be thrown out like the one brought by berg was just tossed out.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20...rom_ballot.html

Quote:
Judge rejects Montco lawyer's bid to have Obama removed from ballot

By MICHAEL HINKELMAN
Philadelphia Daily News
mailto:hinkelm@phillynews.com 215-854-2656

A federal judge in Philadelphia last night threw out a complaint by a Montgomery County lawyer who claimed that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was not qualified to be president and that his name should be removed from the Nov. 4 ballot.
Philip J. Berg alleged in a complaint filed in federal district court on Aug. 21 against Obama, the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission, that Obama was born in Mombasa, Kenya.

Berg claimed that the Democratic presidential standardbearer is not even an American citizen but a citizen of Indonesia and therefore ineligible to be president.

He alleged that if Obama was permitted to run for president and subsequently found to be ineligible, he and other voters would be disenfranchised.

U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick had denied Berg's request for a temporary restraining order on Aug. 22 but had not ruled on the merits of the suit until yesterday.

Obama and the Democratic National Committee had asked Surrick to dismiss Berg's complaint in a court filing on Sept. 24.

They said that Berg's claims were "ridiculous" and "patently false," that Berg had "no standing" to challenge the qualifications of a candidate for president because he had not shown the requisite harm to himself.

Surrick agreed.

In a 34-page memorandum and opinion, the judge said Berg's allegations of harm were "too vague and too attenuated" to confer standing on him or any other voters.

Surrick ruled that Berg's attempts to use certain laws to gain standing to pursue his claim that Obama was not a natural-born citizen were "frivolous and not worthy of discussion."

The judge also said the harm Berg alleged did "not constitute an injury in fact" and Berg's arguments to the contrary "ventured into the unreasonable."

For example, Berg had claimed that Obama's nomination deprived citizens of voting for Sen. Hillary Clinton in November. (Berg backed Clinton in the primaries.)

Berg could not be reached for comment last night.

Obama was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961, and the campaign posted a document issued by Hawaii on its Web site, fight thesmears.com, confirming his birth there.

Berg said in court papers that the image was a forgery.

The nonpartisan Web site FactCheck.org examined the original document and said it was legitimate.

State Is Murder.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
You totally missed the question, didn't you?

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
omg lolol!!1!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
400+ posts
400+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
You totally missed the question, didn't you?
no, i just didn't give a fuck.

State Is Murder.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Maybe I can dumb it down for you next time.

400+ posts
400+ posts
Maybe I can dumb it down for you next time.
umm, that wasn't the problem. believe me, ur shit is dumbed down. i just didn't give a fuck about the question.

State Is Murder.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Please, don't be embarrassed. With all your 'net speak it's obvious your a slow reader.

400+ posts
400+ posts
yes, how dare i use netspeak on OMR the internets!!! fucking whippersnapper!! should i get off ur lawn too gramps?

State Is Murder.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
If you want to be taken seriously, spell out your words. If you want to sound like a half-literate tard, expect the consequences.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
He/She is Wanky-lite.

400+ posts
400+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
If you want to be taken seriously, spell out your words. If you want to sound like a half-literate tard, expect the consequences.
yes, i so desperately want to be taken srsly by ppl here.

ps- tard isn't spelled out, way to be a hypocrite in ur own post. \:lol\:

State Is Murder.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I've never seen rex get to someone so easily.

400+ posts
400+ posts
maybe he's on a roll. should we send him flowers?

State Is Murder.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I've never seen rex get to someone so easily.

My powers of annoyance are multiplied by thousands when I deal with women.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts

Quote:
Phony flier says Virginians vote on different days

Fake flyer

The phony flier

By Julian Walker
The Virginian-Pilot
© October 28, 2008

RICHMOND

A phony State Board of Elections flier advising Republicans to vote on Nov. 4 and Democrats on Nov. 5 is being circulated in several Hampton Roads localities, according to state elections officials.

In fact, Election Day, for voters of all political stripes, remains Nov. 4.

The somewhat official-looking flier - it features the state board logo and the state seal - is dated Oct. 24 and indicates that "an emergency session of the General Assembly has adopted the follwing (sic) emergency regulations to ease the load on local electorial (sic) precincts and ensure a fair electorial process."

The four-paragraph flier concludes with: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but felt this was the only way to ensure fairness to the complete electorial process."

No emergency action has been taken by the General Assembly. It is not in session and lacks the authority to change the date of a federal election.

State Board of Election officials today said they are aware of the flier but disavowed any connection to it.

"It's not even on our letterhead; they just copied the logo from our Web site," said agency staffer Ryan Enright, noting the flier has been forwarded to State Police for investigation as a possible incident of voter intimidation.

Election officials did not specify in which Hampton Roads localities the flier had been spotted.

State Police are aware of the complaint and are looking into it, said spokeswoman Corinne Geller.

In 2007, the General Assembly passed a law making it a Class 1 misdemeanor to knowingly communicate false information to registered voters about the date, time and place of the election or voters' precincts, polling places or voter registration statuses in order to impede their voting. The measure is one of the few such deceptive voting practice laws in the country, according to the watchdog group Common Cause.

Disenfranchisement and dirty tricks. The gOp way.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence will know that if fake. People like you will think its real.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
americablog!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I actually advocate liberals voting on Nov. 5th.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard