Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
If I were to do another pay-to-play game I think Id go with Bioware's. For those not in the know that team did Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire:

Source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/695/695377p1.html

BioWare Announces MMORPG Project
The company will create its latest epic at a new Austin, Texas studio.
by Wade Steel

March 13, 2006 - Acclaimed role-playing game developer BioWare announced today its first venture into the world of online role-playing with the revelation that the company has begun work on a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) title at its newly-opened studio in Austin, Texas. The Austin studio is the company's second studio and the first to be located outside of BioWare's home in Edmonton, Canada.

According to the company, the new studio, called BioWare Austin, has "recruited some of the top talent in MMO and RPG development...to develop a game that combines the best of BioWare's great past games with a compelling persistent online experience."

BioWare Creative Director James Ohlen, who previously worked on the Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur's Gate franchises, will serve as lead designer for the Austin team. BioWare has also recruited industry veterans Richard Vogel and Gordon Walton, both from Sony Online Entertainment, for the new studio.

Ray Muzyka, co-founder and Joint CEO of BioWare, stated that the company is "committed to a seamless collaboration between our two studios [BioWare Austin and BioWare Edmonton] to ensure the same high standards of quality and creativity our dedicated teams have always delivered."

No further information on the MMORPG project was provided at the time of the announcement but you can be sure that given the project's pedigree, we will be keeping a close watch on its development.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
This is old news....this is what is rumored to be the KOTOR MMORPG game.

If its not KOTOR I hope its not another fantasy based MMORPG. I want a futuristic sci-fi MMORPG.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
I want a futuristic sci-fi MMORPG.

yeah...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard

Link Copied to Clipboard