15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Biiiiiiirrrddd Man!

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I have a t-shirt I bought in Atlanta which reads, Harvy Birdman, Attorney at Law. We don't get Adult Swim here, so I only know of Birdman from my youth, but I like my t-shirt.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I like classic 1960's Birdman best. He kicked ass in 1966!

The part where he got all weak when he was away from sunlight was kinda dumb, though....

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

First Amongst Daves said:
I have a t-shirt I bought in Atlanta which reads, Harvy Birdman, Attorney at Law. We don't get Adult Swim here, so I only know of Birdman from my youth, but I like my t-shirt.

the first season is a great sendup of the old Hanna Barbera shows. after that it just got. . .really weird.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I still like my t-shirt.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
OP Offline
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
I have the first season on DVD. That's where the song's from.

25+ posts
25+ posts
I like the show too! It's pretty funny.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Mr. Nice Guy said:
I like the show too! It's pretty funny.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
The kidneys filter wastes (such as urea) from the blood and excrete them, along with water, as urine. The medical field that studies the kidneys and diseases of the kidney is called nephrology (nephro- meaning kidney is from the Ancient Greek word nephros; the adjective renal meaning related to the kidney is from Latin rēnēs, meaning kidneys). In humans, the kidneys are located in the posterior part of the abdomen. There is one on each side of the spine; the right kidney sits just below the liver, the left below the diaphragm and adjacent to the spleen. Above each kidney is an adrenal gland (also called the suprarenal gland). The asymmetry within the abdominal cavity caused by the liver results in the right kidney being slightly lower than the left one while the left kidney is located slightly more medial. The kidneys are retroperitoneal, which means they lie behind the peritoneum, the lining of the abdominal cavity. They are approximately at the vertebral level T12 to L3. The upper parts of the kidneys are partially protected by the eleventh and twelfth ribs, and each whole kidney is surrounded by two layers of fat (the perirenal and pararenal fat) which help to cushion it. Congenital absence of one or both kidneys, known as unilateral or bilateral renal agenesis can occur.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
In animals the brain, or encephalon (Greek for "in the head"), is the control center of the central nervous system, responsible for thought. In most animals, the brain is located in the head, protected by the skull and close to the primary sensory apparatus of vision, hearing, equilibrioception, taste, and olfaction. While all vertebrates have a brain, most invertebrates have either a centralized brain or collections of individual ganglia. Primitive animals such as sponges do not have a brain at all. Brains can be extremely complex. For example, the human brain contains more than 100 billion neurons, each linked to as many as 10,000 other neurons.
Most brains exhibit a substantial distinction between the gray matter and white matter. Gray matter consists of the cell bodies of the neurons, while white matter consists of the fibers (axons) which connect neurons. The axons are surrounded by a fatty insulating sheath called myelin (oligodendroglia cells), giving the white matter its distinctive color. The outer layer of the brain is gray matter called cerebral cortex. Deep in the brain, compartments of white matter (fasciculi, fiber tracts), gray matter (nuclei) and spaces filled with cerebrospinal fluid (ventricles) are found.
The brain innervates the head through cranial nerves, and it communicates with the spinal cord, which innervates the body through spinal nerves. Nervous fibers transmitting signals from the brain are called efferent fibers. The fibers transmitting signals to the brain are called afferent (or sensory) fibers. Nerves can be afferent, efferent or mixed (i.e., containing both types of fibers).
The brain is the site of reason and intelligence, which include such components as cognition, perception, attention, memory and emotion. The brain is also responsible for control of posture and movements. It makes possible cognitive, motor and other forms of learning. The brain can perform a variety of functions automatically, without the need for conscious awareness, such as coordination of sensory systems (eg. sensory gating and multisensory integration), walking, and homeostatic body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, fluid balance, and body temperature.
Many functions are controlled by coordinated activity of the brain and spinal cord. Moreover, some behaviors such as simple reflexes and basic locomotion, can be executed under spinal cord control alone

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard