Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
There were many reasons why I decided to move back to central Florida, but the biggest one was the theme parks. Sure, I like the warm weather, the low cost of rent, the job market being so wide open that even I can get multiple job offers with little effort, and getting away from that freak Jeremy, but for me, it's the theme parks.

So, I'm back after almost six years, and not much has changed. Sure, there are a few new attractions scattered about. Soarin' at Epcot is quite possibly the single greatest theme park attraction ever. Attractions based on Pixar movies seem to be popping up all over Disney (Including two, count 'em, two based on Finding Nemo). Plus, Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest boasts some of the most immersive theming of any roller coaster (and it has a cool trick or two up its sleeve.)

The folks across town haven't been entirely idle either, with the Mummy coaster as Universal Studios (I still haven't had a chance to ride this one) but Universal's sister park, the oh-so-great (when it opened at least) Islands of Adventure has had basically no changes, mush like WDW's Dinsey-MGM Studios.

All of this is about to change.

Both Universal and Disney have made huge announcements. A new Four Seasons hotel will be built on Disney property by 2010 and a new district of shops will be built on the other side of the resort. Universal had even bigger news. The long-dormant Islands of Adventure will add the World of Harry Potter, not just a ride, a whole new (well, not ALL new. the Harry Potter area will include rethemed versions of the Lost Continent's Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn roller coasters) area of the park, larger than any of the existing islands. This is scheduled to open in late 2009.

This is just the CONFIRMED stuff, mind you. The on again/off again rumors about updating Star Tours at the Disney-MGM Studios seem to be stronger than ever. Plus, it looks like a name change is coming up for the park as well to the Disney-Pixar Studios (they're currently building a Toy Story themed ride there and there are rumors of a high-speed ride based on Cars being in the development stages). The long running Indiana Jones stunt show seems very expendable now that Lights, Morors, Action! has opened in the park, but the Indiana Jones trademark seems too valuable to let go of with the new movie coming. They could open a clone of an existing Indiana Jones rides, but I've always thought that Disney-MGM was badly in need of some sort of water ride. It seems to me an Indiana Jones flume or watercoaster type ride could be pretty cool (there aren't even rumors to support that though).

Anyway, lots of stuff is happening at Orlando theme parks RIGHT NOW and I'm RIGHT HERE to watch it all go down. I'm planning on continuing these essays and filling them with news, rumors and my own crazy ideas (mind you, one of my crazy ideas was that they were going to replace Horizons at Epcot with an updated version of Mission to Mars, and guess what happened?) So, we'll see if people read them and feel like contribute their own ideas (plus, there's the very real possibilities that I'll once again fail to stick with a project or I'll just disappear again).

The journey's just starting, get ready for the ride(s).

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
I can't get ready for the rides cause I don't live in Florida!

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
figur if I start saving now, I'll be able to afford to take my kids to Disney and stay on property about 3 years after I'm dead.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Quote:

notwedge said:
There were many reasons why I decided to move back to central Florida, but the biggest one was the theme parks. Sure, I like the warm weather, the low cost of rent, the job market being so wide open that even I can get multiple job offers with little effort, and getting away from that freak Jeremy, but for me, it's the theme parks.

So, I'm back after almost six years, and not much has changed. Sure, there are a few new attractions scattered about. Soarin' at Epcot is quite possibly the single greatest theme park attraction ever. Attractions based on Pixar movies seem to be popping up all over Disney (Including two, count 'em, two based on Finding Nemo). Plus, Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest boasts some of the most immersive theming of any roller coaster (and it has a cool trick or two up its sleeve.)

The folks across town haven't been entirely idle either, with the Mummy coaster as Universal Studios (I still haven't had a chance to ride this one) but Universal's sister park, the oh-so-great (when it opened at least) Islands of Adventure has had basically no changes, mush like WDW's Dinsey-MGM Studios.

All of this is about to change.

Both Universal and Disney have made huge announcements. A new Four Seasons hotel will be built on Disney property by 2010 and a new district of shops will be built on the other side of the resort. Universal had even bigger news. The long-dormant Islands of Adventure will add the World of Harry Potter, not just a ride, a whole new (well, not ALL new. the Harry Potter area will include rethemed versions of the Lost Continent's Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn roller coasters) area of the park, larger than any of the existing islands. This is scheduled to open in late 2009.

This is just the CONFIRMED stuff, mind you. The on again/off again rumors about updating Star Tours at the Disney-MGM Studios seem to be stronger than ever. Plus, it looks like a name change is coming up for the park as well to the Disney-Pixar Studios (they're currently building a Toy Story themed ride there and there are rumors of a high-speed ride based on Cars being in the development stages). The long running Indiana Jones stunt show seems very expendable now that Lights, Morors, Action! has opened in the park, but the Indiana Jones trademark seems too valuable to let go of with the new movie coming. They could open a clone of an existing Indiana Jones rides, but I've always thought that Disney-MGM was badly in need of some sort of water ride. It seems to me an Indiana Jones flume or watercoaster type ride could be pretty cool (there aren't even rumors to support that though).

Anyway, lots of stuff is happening at Orlando theme parks RIGHT NOW and I'm RIGHT HERE to watch it all go down. I'm planning on continuing these essays and filling them with news, rumors and my own crazy ideas (mind you, one of my crazy ideas was that they were going to replace Horizons at Epcot with an updated version of Mission to Mars, and guess what happened?) So, we'll see if people read them and feel like contribute their own ideas (plus, there's the very real possibilities that I'll once again fail to stick with a project or I'll just disappear again).

The journey's just starting, get ready for the ride(s).

Fuck you live in central Florida...

Now I have to move

But that ride does kick some ass

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts

2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Everest is great. It's like Thunder Mountain on a LOT of steroids. You're not going to start stalking me, are you? I hate it when people on this board stalk me.

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Quote:

notwedge said:
Everest is great. It's like Thunder Mountain on a LOT of steroids. You're not going to start stalking me, are you? I hate it when people on this board stalk me.

Go Fuck yourself you cunt

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:

exactly...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Yes, exactly. EXACTLY exactly.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts

2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Don't feel bad Jeremy. You can always go to Great America. They just opened a new Wiggle's World.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Get a job sparkling Wiggles!

2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
I have a job and who are you calling sparkling wiggles?

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
he's hitting on you. . .

2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
That's not why I started this. This thread is for talking about theme parks. If you want to hit on me, please start a new one.

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
Get a job sparkling Wiggles!

2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
I can't say I approve of that.

2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Quote:

Knutreturns said:
Quote:

Jeremy said:

exactly...

OK, back to this. There are theme parks pretty much everywhere and I won't just be talking about the ones in central Florida. I will talk about theme parks all over the world if something's going on that interests me like new technology or new theme parks. As odd as it may sound, one of my biggest dreams is to visit Tokyo Disneyland (primarily for Tokyo DisneySea) so I'll probably go on and on and on about that in one of these things eventually.

It's sort of like how Sam Eagle describes the grand finale of Muppetvision as a "Salute to all nations, but mostly America." This will be a discussion of all theme parks, but mostly those in central Florida. This is pretty much the theme park capital of the world, after all.

Link Copied to Clipboard