Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#900651 2007-12-21 6:02 PM
cookie monster
7500+ posts
OP Offline
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Ok, I know that there are a few fans of Arrested Development here who would agree with me that that show was too damn good to be cancelled after only 3 seasons, but what other shows are out there that you loved that were cancelled after too short a stay on the tube? Obviously, AD, but here are a few more that I would add to the list...

Black Donnellys

John Doe

The Oblongs

Parker Lewis Can't Lose

3rd Watch

Invader Zim

and yeah, this topic has prolly been done before, but I don't give a fuck.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
can i still say arrested development, anyway?

and i really liked parker lewis, too. very fun.

giant picture
cookie monster
7500+ posts
OP Offline
cookie monster
7500+ posts
2 for AD then .... I would put down It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but Burg told me that its still on... phew...

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Denis Leary's "The Job"

Jay Mohr's "Action"

The live action "Tick"

"Justice League Unlimited"

"This Just In"

"the Critic"

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

I still hate fox for that. This show gets canceled but then he goes on to do other crappy shows that last for years.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
cookie monster
7500+ posts
OP Offline
cookie monster
7500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

"Justice League Unlimited"

Fuck, I forgot about that one.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Rome

possibly Journeyman

cookie monster
7500+ posts
OP Offline
cookie monster
7500+ posts
what do you mean "possibly 'Journeyman'"? I thought that was a hit?

Have Rome on my netflix list. Only saw two eps of it, but have heard good things about the rest...

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quantum Leap II: Electric Boogaloo was canceled.

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
AD and third watch, though third watch did last six seasons.

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

cookie monster
7500+ posts
OP Offline
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Still wasn't long enough, but yeah, I see your point about third watch. It had one of the best series finales I've ever seen...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
invader zim for sure. i didnt get into that until it was too late...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
cookie monster
7500+ posts
OP Offline
cookie monster
7500+ posts
that's what dvds are for...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
im gonna roll with harley on this one...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
The Dresden Files, Firefly, Farscape and Futurama

Racks be to MisterJLA
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin

Have Rome on my netflix list. Only saw two eps of it, but have heard good things about the rest...

Yeah, it is a quality show. The ratings are teh suck though for the network and although it was kept on this far because of the strike, chances are it won't be back. Hence, "possibly." I know Life (another good show) is coming back (yay!), but I didn't see anything for Journeyman being renewed.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin

Yeah, it is a quality show. The ratings are teh suck though for the network and although it was kept on this far because of the strike, chances are it won't be back. Hence, "possibly." I know Life (another good show) is coming back (yay!), but I didn't see anything for Journeyman being renewed.

I'm pretty sure it's not.

I've heard Journeyman will stop at thirteen episodes.

I'm thinking it was just too smart for network television.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Yeah \:\(

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
I have been Kamphausened!!!

I Feel Pretty, So NeoCon Pretty
500+ posts
500+ posts
So that's what they're calling "anally raped" now?

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Chant
The Dresden Files, Firefly, Farscape

Farscape would be ok as a couple tv movies a year.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
 Originally Posted By: Chant
The Dresden Files, Firefly, Farscape

Farscape would be ok as a couple tv movies a year.

Farscape was a superb show!

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Brisco County
Millennium

500+ posts
500+ posts
Maximum Bob

A mid-season replacement in the late summer/early fall of '98, it sadly only ran for 7 episodes... \:\(

kobra tai
100+ posts
kobra tai
100+ posts

- even the most powerful force on the interweb plays squares 2 !
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
JLU for sure, the last season got weak but ended strong. There was potential with other characters...like Waverider...yeah.

Not sure about Journeyman, I've been surprised to see the recent episodes aired through this week. I thought the show was done after Heroes vol. 2 ended. I've come home halfway through each one that's been on this week. They've been awesome. Thankfully I've picked up on the main points, my Mom watches the show too (not a rex joke).

The recent version of Masters of the Universe. I don't know if I should blame Mattel or Cartoon Network more.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
The Green Hornet (the Bruce Lee series)

Batman: The Animated Series (I hate 'The Batman')

The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest (the "1st season" version)

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Misfits of Science.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
The Critic
Carnivale

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
Carnivale

Yeah!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Oz

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Wasn't that the show about guys getting raped in prison by large black men?

I can guess why you hated to see THAT program go...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy
JLU for sure, the last season got weak but ended strong. There was potential with other characters...like Waverider...yeah.

Not sure about Journeyman, I've been surprised to see the recent episodes aired through this week. I thought the show was done after Heroes vol. 2 ended. I've come home halfway through each one that's been on this week. They've been awesome. Thankfully I've picked up on the main points, my Mom watches the show too (not a rex joke).

The recent version of Masters of the Universe. I don't know if I should blame Mattel or Cartoon Network more.

Journeyman is probably doomed. It took me a little while to get hooked but it became a show I looked forward to catching. It ended on a nice note anyway.

Fair play!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy

Journeyman is probably doomed. It took me a little while to get hooked but it became a show I looked forward to catching. It ended on a nice note anyway.

yeah, Journeyman was great, and shot near my home which is neat. I hope it comes back for more episodes after the writer's strike but if it doesn't I am glad they had some sort of nice ending and not a cliffhanger.

Bow ties are coool.
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
The best thing NBC can do is renew it as part of their summer programming. That way it'd have less competition in the proper time slot. DVD sales (assuming Journeyman gets that far) may influence NBC's decision as well.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
VH1's behind the music.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Wasn't that the show about guys getting raped in prison by large black men?

I can guess why you hated to see THAT program go...

You shouldn't let that flank be open for attacks from Ray-Man and Nowhereman, G-man.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Yeah,JLU still ha some potential.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Six Feet Under

Megas XLR

life." - Tuvok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard