#900850 2007-12-22 4:35 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Man Claims Skin Treatment Turned Face Permanent Blue
Thursday, December 20, 2007

Paul Karason says his face turned blue after using a silver extract to treat dermatitis
Paul Karason puts a whole new spin on "feeling blue.” For more than a decade, the 57-year-old has been living with a blue face.

Fourteen years ago, Karason developed a bad case of dermatitis, which results in swollen, reddened and itchy skin. He started self-medicating, using a treatment called colloidal silver, which is made by extracting silver from metal.

Often touted by manufacturers as a cure-all, colloidal silver usually is found in a liquid form. Looking for relief, Karason drank the concoction and rubbed it on his skin — something the U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not recommend.

His skin slowly turned blue.

"The change was so gradual that I didn't perceive it and other people around me likewise," said Karason. "It wasn't until a friend I hadn't seen in several months came by my parent's place to see me and he asked me 'what did you do?.'"

The FDA does not consider colloidal silver safe or effective to treat any disease or condition. In fact, taking it could have serious side effects, such as:

— Argyria — which is an irreversible blue-gray discoloration of your skin, nails and gums

— Seizures and other neurological problems

— Kidney damage

— Indigestion

— Headaches

— Fatigue

— Skin irritation

Karason, who recently moved from Oregon to Madera, Calif., said it hasn't been easy living with blue skin.

"I do tend to avoid public places as much as I can," he said.

Karason made the move in hopes of fitting in a little better.

"I hope that they just accept me," he said, "And I think that will happen here. Where I was, I rather doubt it would have. This is different kind of community here."

Karason's girlfriend, Jackie Northrup, said she doesn't even notice his skin color any more.

"The only time now I really think about it or notice it is if we're out in public and people start staring," she said.

So far, Karason hasn't sought any medical attention for his condition. When he was asked if he's still drinking the colloidal silver, he said yes, but much less.

SkyNews contributed to this report

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

URG Offline
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
Goofy fuker

25+ posts
25+ posts

EEEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have just been smashed in the face with a key lime pie.

The Masked Pie Smurfer strikes again!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Do you belong to some kind of beard news group?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
no but I am a member of two online beard groups..

they have nothing to do with news...

life." - Tuvok.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
And you can't discuss shit like this there?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
i walk through my apartment door, carrying a 30 pack of beer. inside my apartment is now alexis, laquanda, and kathy, the latter two who have each... brought... a 30 pack of miller lite. for those keeping track of the score at home, thats 90 beers. 90 delicious beers.

so then we all start laughin, cuz... you know... thats a shit load of beers. scottie was on his way bringin food and some stogies for he and i to share, and a special gift which he would not reveal, but promised it was not beer, only related to beer, closely. it'd be on beer's top 8.

scottie p washington, who at this point was no longer working for seton hall university and instead was a newly assigned teacher, still came bearing gifts of the seton hall brand. tiny pitchers! or giant cups. they're somewhere in between the two. they're basically giant mugs, taht are, oh, 1-1.5 liters. or quarts. or one of them, i dont remember.

point being, they're way too small to be a useful pitcher, and way too large to be a useful cup. ...for some. but alldaycohol was about disgusting excess more than anything else, and we greatly toyed with the idea of using them as our own personal beverage holders, when lex's sister arrived and sealed the deal.

...by carrying yet another 30 pack of miller lites at her side.

120 beers. for not 120 people. not even 12 people.

the pitchers went into play immediately, each holding roughly 2 beers, and each being emptied with lightning speed, the girls were jealously using their mortal cups, but doing their fair share of drinking, as well. it was a wonderful, wonderful new holiday.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
And you can't discuss shit like this there?

And Rex's obsesion with me continues.

You suppose his computer wallpaper is covered with pics of me that he's
taken off the few gay sites I belong to?

I wonder how many socks he's spilled his seed into whilst fantasizing over me, his one great unrequited love?

life." - Tuvok.

Link Copied to Clipboard