Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
whomod Offline OP
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
File this one under Prince Harming. Apparently, Matt Drudge thought he had an exclusive on Prince Harry’s whereabouts serving in the military in Afghanistan. It turns out that he didn’t get the exclusive, but as Keith Olbermann points out on Thursday’s Countdown, he does get all the blame - the blame for endangering Harry by revealing his location which had been kept a secret. More from The Independent UK:

Quote:
An American website, the Drudge Report, broke a news blackout yesterday by revealing that Prince Harry has been serving in Afghanistan for more than two months.

To the fury of the Ministry of Defence and condemnation from the head of the British Army, General Sir Richard Dannatt, the website announced a “world exclusive” and proclaimed: “They’re calling him ‘Harry the Hero!”.

The article brought to an end an agreement with the media that the Prince’s deployment to Helmand be kept quiet in the interests of his safety and that of the soldiers with him. [..]

“I am very disappointed that foreign websites have decided to run this story without consulting us. This is in stark contrast to the highly responsible attitude that the whole of the UK print and broadcast media, along with a small number of overseas outlets, who have entered into an understanding with us over the coverage of Prince Harry on operations,” General Dannatt said. Read on…

Why does Drudge hate the troops and want them in harm’s way?

Well, it's not FOX News revealing troop locations at the start of the Iraq war but it's pretty darn close. Anyone still think these right wing freaks are any sort of responsible or ethical people??

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Good job making the mess bigger by spreading the fact that he's in Afghanistan genius.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Please. Like anyone important reads these damn boards. President Bush could post the nuclear launch codes here with none the wiser....

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
This thread has potential.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
...energy.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
thanks whomod. obama posts here, now he knows. not that he's a terrorist. dick head.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf
Please. Like anyone important reads these damn boards. President Bush could post the nuclear launch codes here with none the wiser....

Your hyperbole doesn't mask the fact that Whomod is helping spread the information that Prince Harry is in Afghanistan.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whomod prolly wants prince harry dead, he hates america.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
There's a monarchy in America?

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
whomod favors censorship.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I could see a different scenario if it were a relative of Bush.

"OMG!1! WHY DOES BUSH JUNIOR'S KIDZ GETS SEPICAL TREATMENT? THEY SHOULDN'T HIDE BEHIND HALIBERTIN BLOD MONEY! HOW R THEY ANY BETTER THAN UZ?"

Followed with a political cartoon showing W in Tammany Hall, or some nonsense...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
then whomod would log off and beat a woman.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

FOX News revealing troop locations at the start of the Iraq war....these right wing freaks...

Um, the guy at Fox News who did that was liberal Geraldo Rivera.

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Good job making the mess bigger by spreading the fact that he's in Afghanistan genius.

I was going to bring this up yesterday but the Times here does it so much better (and officially so you and your buds won't continue to play stupid about this).

Quote:
Prince Harry pulled from Helmand

The 23-year-old prince was posted in mid-December to the restive Helmand province of southern Afghanistan under a cloak of secrecy following an unusual agreement reached between the media and the army.

However, the arrangement collapsed after news was leaked on the US website, the Drudge Report, yesterday.
The ministry said the decision to withdraw the prince, who is third in line to the throne, was taken primarily because “the worldwide media coverage of Prince Harry in Afghanistan could impact on the security of those who are deployed there, as well as the risks to him as an individual soldier.”

What? You thought that after they took great pains to hide the fact that he was there, they were going to continue keeping him there after Matt Drudge blabbed the details?

Nah, it was just a feeble attempt to try to turn tables on me.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I was going to bring this up yesterday but the Times here does it so much better (and officially so you and your buds won't continue to play stupid about this).

Uh huh. Like you really knew they pulled him out.

Sorry, but you're still a hypocrite. Nice try though.

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
then whomod would log off and beat a woman.

Bullshit. We've seen whomod's pic. Any woman could clean his clock.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

Your hyperbole doesn't mask the fact that Whomod is helping spread the information that Prince Harry is in Afghanistan.

maybe he just felt the anti-war movement needed a martyr, and since we regrettably haven't had any kent states this time around, it might take someone with a little higher profile. see, a lot of conviction and purpose goes into these things. gotta respect that.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Y'know it's all good and fine. I get it. Drudge is a right winger and you guys like to deflect anything bad that right wingers do and make it about something else, preferably something LEFT wing. Now let's see what some of the troops are saying...

Quote:
Matt Drudge, Aid and Comfort to the Enemy

by: Colonel "Joe" USAR
Thu Feb 28, 2008 at 15:30:41 PM EST

Today, in the Real Global War on Terror (RGWOT), United States and Allied Forces are fighting the Taliban and Al Qaeda, instead of Al Qaeda "wannabes" (AQW) aka "Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), in Afghanistan.

The single allied country that has provided the greatest support to United States Forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan has been the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Earlier today in continuous reporting by the BBC, the world discovered that Prince Harry, the grandson of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth was serving on the front lines in Afghanistan in a Combat unit.

Quote:
Prince Harry has been fighting the Taleban on the front line in Afghanistan, the MoD has confirmed. Harry, 23, who is third in line to the throne, has spent the last 10 weeks serving in Helmand Province.

When I first heard this news, I naturally assumed that the Prince had completed a combat tour and had returned to the United Kingdom, but tragically that was not the case. The BBC further reported the sordid details of this tragic revelation.

Quote:
Chief of the General Staff Sir Richard Dannatt, who is head of the British Army, said he was disappointed the news had leaked.

In a statement, he said: "I am very disappointed that foreign websites have decided to run this story without consulting us.

"This is in stark contrast to the highly responsible attitude that the whole of the UK print and broadcast media, along with a small number overseas, who have entered into an understanding with us over the coverage of Prince Harry on operations."

Just what "foreign website" would make this disgusting revelation, placing the Prince in tremendous additional danger along with the men he is serving along?

Was it Al Jazeera? No, it was none other than a gleeful Matt Drudge, occasional guest host for Rush Limbaugh, champion of right wing blogs and friend of Sean Hannity.

Quote:
British Royal Prince Harry has been fighting in Afghanistan since late December -- and has been directly involved in gun battle, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

When will we see the outrage and condemnation for the Drudge Report which has placed our friends in danger by providing highly secret information to the Taliban and Al Qaeda?

It's noteworthy that G-Man was up in arms recently because I wanted Bush tried for war crimes and given the usual sentence for such crimes. But Matt Drudge giving secret information to our nations enemies just receives a shrug and a yawn and jokes.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Pretty funny that they moved him. I wonder how he feels being given special treatment in the military. Probably gets gang-raped by his "blokes."

And Whomod's a sore loser.

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Pariah, shouldn't you be busy demanding McCain denounce the guy who called your church the "great whore".

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Now why the hell would I want McCain to do anything for me?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
File this one under Prince Harming. Apparently, Matt Drudge thought he had an exclusive on Prince Harry’s whereabouts serving in the military in Afghanistan. It turns out that he didn’t get the exclusive, but as Keith Olbermann points out on Thursday’s Countdown, he does get all the blame - the blame for endangering Harry by revealing his location which had been kept a secret.

Looks like whomod loves to put out bad info. It wasn't Drudge who exposed Prince Harry's deployment to Afghanistan, but an Australian lifestyle magazine.

Quote:
An Australian magazine apologized Monday to readers and troops serving abroad for publishing a story revealing that Prince Harry was fighting with British troops in Afghanistan.

New Idea magazine said when it ran the story in January it was unaware of an agreement between the British Ministry of Defense and major news organizations not to disclose Harry's deployment to protect the 23-year-old prince and his fellow soldiers.

The story eventually resulted in the royal being sent home.

The report went largely unnoticed until last February when the Drudge Report published it, citing the magazine and a German publication. British officials decided to pull Harry out of Afghanistan for his safety and that of his unit.

In an unsigned item in its latest edition issued Monday, New Idea did not explain the source of its January story on Harry and indicated it did not check with British military officials before publishing.

"We did not knowingly breach any embargo and were not party to any agreement for a media blackout on the story," the magazine said. "However, and more importantly, we do acknowledge that our actions in publishing the story can be reasonably viewed as insensitive and irresponsible."

The magazine apologized to its readers and to troops and their families who serve abroad.

Harry spent almost 10 weeks in Afghanistan's volatile Helmand province, with his deployment kept secret by a deal between officials and British and media — including The Associated Press.

New Idea is a celebrity and lifestyle magazine with a monthly circulation of about 390,000 copies. A magazine spokesman did not immediately return calls on Monday.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
It turns out that he didn’t get the exclusive, but as Keith Olbermann points out on Thursday’s Countdown, he does get all the blame - the blame for endangering Harry by revealing his location which had been kept a secret.

Nice try.

Read more carefully next time.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
how bad do you wanna fuck Olbermann?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
It turns out that he didn’t get the exclusive, but as Keith Olbermann points out on Thursday’s Countdown, he does get all the blame - the blame for endangering Harry by revealing his location which had been kept a secret.

Nice try.

Read more carefully next time.

Actually, you need to read as the article I posted said clearly that Drudge sourced the Australian and German media sources. THEY exposed his location, but Olbermann doesn't have a bone to pick with either of them.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
olbermann is as big a whack job as whomod, they hate drudge for exposing lewinski, yet today they hate clinton for being more qualified than obama!

Link Copied to Clipboard