Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Barack Obama, Campaigning at the San Diego Comic-Con?

• This would rank among the all-time most unusual campaign stops: Rumors abound that a certain presidential hopeful may show up at the San Diego Comic Con. Allegedly, members of Barack Obama's camp contacted organizers of the show to inquire about the Senator making an appearance. That would be a most insane and decidedly cool move for Obama…no one has ever reached out to the comic book community in such a way before…embracing the "geek" vote would be a stellar move.

The convention is July 24-27, about one month before the Democratic convention.

Insert your own comic-related joke here...My attempt: "Obama may not get such a warm reception, as video of surfaced of Obama's mentor Jeremiah Wright declaring that in his mind, Jean-Paul Valley will always be the real Batman, and that his armor design was the best Bat-suit."

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
If only Youtube had the old SNL skit where the '88 candidates attend a Star Trek convention.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
100+ posts
100+ posts
Maybe he can bring Pastor Wright with him and they can recreate the ""Fuck Lando Calrissian! Uncle-Tom nigger" scene from "Chasing Amy."

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Only fun moment in that movie.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I don't know. I enjoyed the bit with the Easter bunny and way that the Jason Lee character got more and more pissed off because people thought he was a "tracer."

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
The guy who was the inker? I don't re-call the tracer bit, but I do remember when the fans didn't want his autograph because he wasn't the "real" artist. I saw that movie years ago, and already then I understood that inking is a more difficult - and important - work than people generally think.

Maybe because I've dabbled in art and comics myself.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yeah, that was joke, at least in the English language version. The inker got pissed off because the fans all thought he didn't do anything but trace over the original art with a pen. They called him a tracer.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Aha, I got confused because I didn't remember the dialog (in English or subtitles). Maybe I should rent Chasing Amy some time.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yes. It's Smith's best movie (with Dogma in a close second)...

Link Copied to Clipboard