Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
I missed that whole thing.....what was that all about anyhow. He started a thread about Hal Jordan and Parallax and ened up leaving afterwards because of Joe and Pro? Please summarize for me.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Halo82

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I kinda missed all of it as well. I read the threads and all but never say where the conflict came from. I chalked it up to wanky being a psycho tard.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP
I missed that whole thing.....what was that all about anyhow. He started a thread about Hal Jordan and Parallax and ened up leaving afterwards because of Joe and Pro? Please summarize for me.

He voiced his opinion (of which some of made sense, but not all), Grimm and Pro (I think it was, maybe Joe as well) voiced theirs (some of which was crap, but some wasnt), but unlike most people who either brush it off as a difference of opinion, or put together a cohesive argument, he went mental and had a breakdown.

I agreed with some of what he was saying, and thought that some of the stuff that was then thrown back at him, by people who admitted to never really reading any old GL stuff, was bollocks, but most of us have learnt that you can never change someone elses mind when its made up, you just walk away and forget about it.

Wanky did walk away in the end, of course, but not before he made himself look like a complete cunt, even to someone who thought he was right (for the most part, but not all).

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
Did he like the Parallax explanation....the yellow bug.....or was he against it?

I don't know how I felt to tell you the truth. It was kind of cool having Jordan as a bad guy. I like Kyle so it was easy for me to see him as bad. Now that he is good again I'm kind of meh.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I cant remember all the details, but I believe he liked the concept.

Simple fact is, whether it was a good idea or not, its only a fucking comic book, and is not worth having a total and utter brain meltdown over.

It would be like bsams going postal after someone said they didnt like the Big Lebowski, or you losing your mind over someone not liking Kevin Costner movies.

Yeah, you like em, but they are only entertainment, not life or fucking death.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Joe and Grimm (and Jerry, I think) all got into a discussion about Parallax and Jordan. Halo thought it was a fine idea, and thought the whole idea of Jordan having a breakdown in the first place was out of character. Joe, Grimm, and (somewhat) myself tried to explain that Jordan's history was littered with legitimate signs that the character could be written towards possible said end. Halo disagreed vehemently, but was (at one point) willing to just let it be okay to disagree. However, not one for tact, he didn't put it very clearly, or came across too brash. Grimm and Joseph began a character assassination, as are the rights of the RKMBs military posting branch. We all go through the fire, and thus Thomas would as well. Unfortunately, Thomas neglected to check the manual at the door, and became quite unwound.

He created a second thread, one devoted directly to the new argument that Joe and Grimm were assholes (which is still under some investigation). In one instance, Joseph let off a zinger or two I thought entirely hilarious. So, I posted my agreement with his cunning wit. Halo, however, would have no part of this. He would not recognize friendships/relationships created on these boards. He did not believe I would post in support of Joe Mama due to humor. He did not think what they had said was funny, and thus declared it so. I was then labeled a "sycophant" (which took a few tries, but he finally got the spelling and use of the word correct) and a "suck-up" (which was, more or less, the same thing...but Thomas didn't seem to mind the double-phrasing).

Then..at the height of the full-scale assault on his frail online persona, Halo left these boards. Forever.

Five Months Later...

He returned with his buddies from another board to "defend the morals and good character of Whomod's Daughter!"(TM)

Strangely enough...whomod himself did not show.

The mystery continues to this day.

Three Weeks Later...

We destroyed their boards with my very marvelous "hacking" skills, and the former Insurgents vanished into a fragmented, locked-down forum.

To this day...some say that you can still hear the howls of humiliation and wailing of pain, drifting along the old docks near Rob's Blog. Some say that it's not the ghosts of Rob's ex-lovers (as some believe), but of the living, shamed souls of those that dared attack these hallowed and revered boards....the neglect of their friends and children haunting their every breath......

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
Thanks.....I never quite knew how this whole thing began.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
And now you know...

Funny eyes
100+ posts
Funny eyes
100+ posts
I really feel sorry for that Halo chappie, and as a huge rock star of some repute, I feel it is my duty to help him.

What do you think he would like most?

I have a few ideas, but they generally revolve around anal sex.

Lets dance!
Funny eyes
100+ posts
Funny eyes
100+ posts
Maybe a little joke will cheer the little fellow up.

Why did Halo try to join the navy?

He heard a news report about some seamen being discharged.

Lets dance!
PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Oh yeah!

Funny eyes
100+ posts
Funny eyes
100+ posts
I just made that joke up.

It is almost like writing great songs that last for generations.
All you need is the material to work with, and that Halo chappie provides us all with a vast source of material to draw on.

Now if he would like to "draw on" my phallus, I am sure we would both end this night on a happier note.

Lets dance!
Feared by the RKMB morons
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
 Originally Posted By: PJP

He voiced his opinion (of which some of made sense, but not all), Grimm and Pro (I think it was, maybe Joe as well) voiced theirs (some of which was crap, but some wasnt), but unlike most people who either brush it off as a difference of opinion, or put together a cohesive argument, he went mental and had a breakdown.

I agreed with some of what he was saying, and thought that some of the stuff that was then thrown back at him, by people who admitted to never really reading any old GL stuff, was bollocks, but most of us have learnt that you can never change someone elses mind when its made up, you just walk away and forget about it.

Wanky did walk away in the end, of course, but not before he made himself look like a complete cunt, even to someone who thought he was right (for the most part, but not all).

Wow, that's like the complete opposite of what happened in reality.

I made an argument that Joe and Grimm civily disagreed with at first but when I stuck to my guns they through a hissy fit. Joe (twice) said he wasn't going to talk to me anymore because I disagreed with him. When I proved Grimm wrong about an example he used he stormed off as well. Joe then had a major meltdown. What really pissed me off though is that when Joe through a tantrum "NOBODIES TALKING TO YOU HALO" brain dead ass kissers like Pro, Harley, and K-nut just covered up for him.

That's the truth. In hindsight I should probaly have let it go but I can't stand sycophantic enablers. They're the only thing worse than cunts like Nowhereman.

That's the truth. In hindsight, I should probaly have just let it go but m

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
m will get you every time

giant picture
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Still as deluded as ever!

3000+ posts
3000+ posts

Project much? You clueless cunt, you. It's probaly easier for you to revise history at this shit hole than get a life, huh? Well, have fun.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
as an aside, w&c, how many times a day, y'think, are you checkin out this site? just a guess / ballpark figure is fine. 4? 5?

giant picture
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
what's a probaly?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
there's at least one insurgent lurking here at all times.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
as an aside, w&c, how many times a day, y'think, are you checkin out this site? just a guess / ballpark figure is fine. 4? 5?

i guess we'll have to wait an hour or two to find out.

Wank and Cry
User Feared by the RKMB morons
3000+ posts 09/18/08 11:41 PM
Logging out

giant picture
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lord David Bowie

I love this alt.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Man, wanky got burned by Kampy, and not in the traditional venereal disease ridden way.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

URG Offline
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
URG am real man!
7500+ posts

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen

You should know better than that, rob. Wanky has a tendency to *logout* when you throw hard questions at him. He then waits a day or two before logging in again, hoping the question will be forgetten by that time.

Wanky, PLEASE ask me to back that up with examples!

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Mxy, he doesn't have to answer it, we all know. We all know.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: URG

Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
uh oh..

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wank and Cry

Project much? You clueless cunt, you. It's probaly easier for you to revise history at this shit hole than get a life, huh? Well, have fun.

One, I dont need to revise history, its still there for all to read you fucking idiot.
Two, I have a life, and thats why I like mocking your lack of one!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I was then labeled a "sycophant" (which took a few tries, but he finally got the spelling and use of the word correct) and a "suck-up" (which was, more or less, the same thing...but Thomas didn't seem to mind the double-phrasing).

In hindsight I should probaly have let it go but I can't stand sycophantic enablers.

I'm so proud of him.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
 Originally Posted By: Lord David Bowie

I love this alt.

Me too. It's always A+ material when he pops up. The key is totally in his delivery...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
When you read the posts, do you hear a David...sorry, Lord David Bowie voice in your head?

Mxy hears that voice in his head all the time, but thats a whole nother story.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
When you read the posts, do you hear a David...sorry, Lord David Bowie voice in your head?

i would be wrong not to

Mxy hears that voice in his head all the time

it would be wrong for him not to

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

One, I dont need to revise history, its still there for all to read you fucking idiot.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns

i would be wrong not to

Mxy hears that voice in his head all the time

it would be wrong for him not to

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Joe and Grimm (and Jerry, I think) all got into a discussion about Parallax and Jordan. Halo thought it was a fine idea, and thought the whole idea of Jordan having a breakdown in the first place was out of character. Joe, Grimm, and (somewhat) myself tried to explain that Jordan's history was littered with legitimate signs that the character could be written towards possible said end. Halo disagreed vehemently, but was (at one point) willing to just let it be okay to disagree. However, not one for tact, he didn't put it very clearly, or came across too brash. Grimm and Joseph began a character assassination, as are the rights of the RKMBs military posting branch. We all go through the fire, and thus Thomas would as well. Unfortunately, Thomas neglected to check the manual at the door, and became quite unwound.

He created a second thread, one devoted directly to the new argument that Joe and Grimm were assholes (which is still under some investigation). In one instance, Joseph let off a zinger or two I thought entirely hilarious. So, I posted my agreement with his cunning wit. Halo, however, would have no part of this. He would not recognize friendships/relationships created on these boards. He did not believe I would post in support of Joe Mama due to humor. He did not think what they had said was funny, and thus declared it so. I was then labeled a "sycophant" (which took a few tries, but he finally got the spelling and use of the word correct) and a "suck-up" (which was, more or less, the same thing...but Thomas didn't seem to mind the double-phrasing).

Then..at the height of the full-scale assault on his frail online persona, Halo left these boards. Forever.

Five Months Later...

He returned with his buddies from another board to "defend the morals and good character of Whomod's Daughter!"(TM)

Strangely enough...whomod himself did not show.

The mystery continues to this day.

Three Weeks Later...

We destroyed their boards with my very marvelous "hacking" skills, and the former Insurgents vanished into a fragmented, locked-down forum.

To this day...some say that you can still hear the howls of humiliation and wailing of pain, drifting along the old docks near Rob's Blog. Some say that it's not the ghosts of Rob's ex-lovers (as some believe), but of the living, shamed souls of those that dared attack these hallowed and revered boards....the neglect of their friends and children haunting their every breath......

I was going to post that "History of the Insurgency Forums" thing from Wikipedia to show how much better your telling of the story was, but Wikipedia deleted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&page=User:Betrayor

Even Wikipedia doesn't want them around.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I copied and pasted that in the "top secret raid thread" or whatever it was called in the off topic forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard