Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1048265 2009-03-22 11:49 AM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets...utes-interview/

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO -- President Barack Obama said Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner's job is safe and that Wall Street executives need to better appreciate Main Street's anger and frustration, according to a Saturday preview of the president's Sunday-night appearance on CBS's "60 Minutes." Obama told "60 Minutes" that Wall Street executives need to appreciate the populist perspective. "They need to spend a little time outside of New York," Obama said. "Because...if you go to North Dakota, or you go to Iowa, or you go to Arkansas, where folks would be thrilled to be making $75,000 a year-- without a bonus -- then I think they'd get a sense of why people are frustrated." Obama also told the news program that he would refuse Geithner's resignation even if it were tendered.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
He said the same things about his grandma and Rev. Wright before throwing them under the bus.

ask a question... I have all the answers!
few posts
ask a question... I have all the answers!
few posts
Don't count on it.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Biden takes jab at Geithner, as Obama's busy defending him
  • WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden took a tongue-in-cheek shot at Team Obama's money man Saturday, joking that Tim Geithner coughs up cash "no questions asked."

Biden's quip at the white-tie press dinner hosted by the exclusive Gridiron Club came amid questions about the Treasury secretary's involvement in legislation allowing AIG execs to pocket $165 million in bonuses from taxpayers' bailout funds.

"I am the experienced veteran," Biden said. Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel "can be an enforcer, and Tim Geithner is always there when you need to borrow money - "no questions asked."

Obama was the first president since Grover Cleveland to skip the dinner, an annual opportunity for Beltway bigshots to lampoon each other.

"[Obama] can't be here tonight, because he's busy getting ready for Easter," Biden said. Speaking in a whisper, he added, "He thinks it's about him."

Link Copied to Clipboard