Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
where do you guys go to get it? do you have a favorite place? do you prefer big chain sit-down places, little family-owned holes in the wall with plenty of cerveza, or the shamefully delicious scourge of mexican fast food? your thoughts?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Local places, not chains. Definitely not Taco Bell. Ever.

"Youtubie"
1000+ posts
"Youtubie"
1000+ posts

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Local.Place called Montezuma's.They have the best enchiladas I've ever eaten.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
i either go to El Tapatio's or La Roca's. local places

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
yeah, those little local places are often the best sit-down places. at the very least they're the closest you can get to authentic. it's hard (for me anyway) to find completely authentic mexican food outside of texas or new mexico (haven't been to socal yet, just norcal), just because the ingredients in the other states will be to American standards and not mexican standards (fda/usda regulations and stuff). as mentioned in gobert's mexicoke thread, there are major differences even in the manufacture of processed food ingredients and beverages between US/canada and the rest of the hemisphere. so even the family-owned joints here in the midwest aren't extremely authentic. of course, there is the advantage of knowing that all the ingredients in what you're about to ingest are safe and that the food was (hopefully) prepared according to health regulations that make it safe to eat. I was fortunate to be in and eat in parts of mexico where most stuff was made to essentially the same health-code standards as here, but there are some parts (particularly further south) where you can't be sure of that. tapeworms are no joke, and they're far from the worst things lurking in the food in some parts of the world.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Taco Bell is good and inexpensive, but not really Mexican.

I saw a group of Mexicans walk into Taco Bell one day. I felt like walking up to them and saying, "Really?" But I didn't know how to say it in Spanish.

Here in the burg we've got a few good places. La Fiesta Brava is probably the best. Really good food that isn't expensive.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Taco Bell is good and inexpensive, but not really Mexican.

I saw a group of Mexicans walk into Taco Bell one day. I felt like walking up to them and saying, "Really?" But I didn't know how to say it in Spanish.

i love all of the olive garden commercials that show people fresh off the boat from italy heading into an olive garden.

authentic!

giant picture

Link Copied to Clipboard