Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
but this just ruins Craig James's credibility at ESPN. From the AP, posted on ESPN's website.

Quote:
LUBBOCK, Texas -- The father of injured Texas Tech receiver Adam James threatened to sue the university if it didn't investigate then-coach Mike Leach, according to a memo released Wednesday.

Texas Tech University System attorney Ronny Wall wrote in the Tuesday memo to the Texas attorney general that the threat came during a Dec. 20 exchange with James' father, ESPN college football analyst Craig James. The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal obtained a copy of the memo in response to an open records request.

The university fired Leach on Dec. 30, two days after suspending him amid allegations he mistreated Adam James, who was recovering from a concussion. The receiver says Leach twice ordered him to stand for hours while confined in a dark place during practice.

Leach denied the allegations, and responded to his firing with a lawsuit against the university, alleging libel, slander and breach of contract.

The Tech memo says James' father "indicated that litigation could ensue" if Tech didn't investigate Leach "for the improper treatment" of his son.

"The threat did not appear to be an idle threat as the parent expressed genuine concern for the health and well-being of his injured child, as well as other student-athletes," the memo continued.

James spokesman Scott McLaughlin issued a statement late Wednesday saying James never threatened to sue Texas Tech.

"Further, Texas Tech initiated its investigation of its own accord," he said.

The ESPN ombudsman posted his longest piece on the site about the James-Leach-Tech controversy, particular as it surrounded the network's coverage of the Alamo Bowl in which Tech played and James was originally scheduled to broadcast (he was removed prior to the game).

Despite what Leach did, what coach will want to speak to James in the future? James crossed the line from good dad to overbearing dad.

We all wear a green carnation.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
from what i've read James was a constant primadonna with TT, his dad would often make inferences about booster money and his playing time being related. when you do sports you know your going to get rough treatment if it appears you are lagging. if the worst thing that ever happens to you in life is you get a free ride to a well known college and are forced to stand in the dark for a couple of hours consider yourself blessed.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
from what i have read james was also lazy and complained/whined alot. which kinda gave me the impression he had that sense of entitlement which helped feed this.

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Mike Leach was clearly a bully. Adam seems to feel entitled. And Craig was overbearing.

They're all less than honorable on those bases.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
this is true. i am just afraid some of what i like about college football will be lost if this trend continues.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Football is about mental toughness, its not a PC world. Once you take bullying coaches out of the equation youve got soccer.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I just hope they don't take away the part where men touch each other's ass.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
then they will have taken away their soul.

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I just hope they don't take away the part where men touch each other's ass.

Indeed.

One of the reasons I don't like spread offenses is that QBs aren't putting their hands under the center's ball sacs.

I like to see them touching another guy's ball sac.

Link Copied to Clipboard