Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
PELOSI CALLS FOR INVESTIGATION OF MUSLIM CENTER OPPONENTS

• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is suggesting a coordinated effort is behind the opposition to a proposed mosque and community center near Ground Zero, saying the whole dispute has been "ginned up" for political purposes and she supports a probe into those opponents.

Commenting publicly for the first time on the Park 51 project, Pelosi said the issue was posing a distraction and that some organized force is behind it.

"There is no question that there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some," she said in remarks posted Tuesday in a video on the San Francisco Chronicle website. "And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded."

On Wednesday, Pelosi's office clarified that the speaker is not calling for a "congressional inquiry," though she still supports looking into the funding of the mosque's opponents as well as its patrons.

"I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that 'We agree with the (Anti-Defamation League) that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center. At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center,'" she said.

Pelosi first weighed in Tuesday after both President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid expressed their views on the project that has touched off a national debate about religious freedom and political correctness. Obama said Wednesday he has no regrets over his remarks that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in the U.S.
    A day later, he claimed that he wasn't endorsing the specifics of the mosque plan.

Polls show that a strong majority of Americans oppose the mosque's construction site while respecting the right of Muslims to worship their religion.

Though Obama and Reid appeared to be on opposite ends of the spectrum over the issue, Pelosi came out agnostic, saying the dispute over what she described as a "zoning issue" needs to be decided by New Yorkers.

"I think everybody respects the right of everyone in the country to express their religious beliefs. ..The decision, though, as to how to go forward in New York, is up to New York," Pelosi told local reporters in San Francisco. "I look to my colleagues in New York. Some of them have different views on the subject. It's up to them to work it out."

That may have been the position Obama was trying to take when he first weighed in Friday during a Ramadan dinner at the White House. The president appeared to support the mosque project, but the White House later clarified that he was underscoring the developers' right to build the center -- not endorsing it outright.

Reid afterward came out in opposition to the project. A strong majority of Americans say they oppose the site for construction of the mosque, but not the constitutional right of Muslims to worship.

A Republican aide ridiculed Pelosi's claim that there was a "conspiracy" to oppose the project.

"If the speaker needs help finding the heart of the 'GOP GZM Conspiracy,' I urge her to ask Sasquatch," the aide told Fox News. "His office is behind the black helicopter hangar between the unicorn pen and the leprechaun's pot of gold."

David Malpass, a New York Republican candidate seeking the Sept. 14 primary nomination to challenge Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in November, issued a statement Wednesday saying Pelosi should be investigating foreign funding for the project.

"But instead she is turning her ire on concerned Americans, including families, firefighters and other first responders who care deeply about this issue. What she is doing is unconscionable," Malpass said. "New Yorkers deserve better, the heroes of September 11th deserve better, and I'm calling on Kirsten Gillibrand to immediately reject Speaker Pelosi's misguided and insensitive remarks."

A few lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have tried to dial down tensions over the debate.

New York Gov. David Paterson has renewed efforts to broker a deal over the project. After offering his help and the possibility that state land could be used for an alternative site, a Paterson spokesman told The Wall Street Journal that staff members are working with the developers. He said no "formal discussions" have taken place involving Paterson, but that a meeting will be set for the "near future."

However, project organizers denied there was any consideration being given to moving the mosque. A written statement from the Cordoba Initiative, the group pushing to build the Islamic center in lower Manhattan, said no meetings have been scheduled between Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf and Paterson, "nor have there been any communications between the offices of Cordoba Initiative and the governor."

Talk about being on the wrong side of the issue.

She should be demanding an investigation of Feisel Abdul Rauf and funding of the Muslim Center. Not casting slanders of corporate greed and alleged racism on her fellow Americans.

The name of the planned muslim center -- the Cordoba Initiative-- alone tells everything we need to know. Cordoba in the time that the Moors occupied Spain, Portugal and Southern France, from roughly 700 AD to 1492, was the major center of indoctrination and spread of islam, from conquered Europe.

So logic says we should deny them the symbolic conquest of locating the center right next to Ground Zero.

Pelosi, like other liberals, is giving aid, comfort and propaganda talking points to our enemies. Again.

A few Democrats are breaking ranks with Pelosi and opposing her views, because her position is so far off the deep end.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
She's also an ugly bitch.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Typical lib attempt at censorship. Whenever they don't like something they call it hate speech or a conspiracy and demand an investigation and/or removal.

Sort of like Ray's views on stickied topics. ;\)

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

She's 70.
Now why is it that you, Mr. Non-partisan, didn't reply with "www.foxnews.com"? Or does your hatred of partisan politics only extend to the left?

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Typical lib attempt at censorship. Whenever they don't like something they call it hate speech or a conspiracy and demand an investigation and/or removal.

Sort of like Ray's views on stickied topics. ;\)

Actually I think you and I share a view of stickies topics: if they're good enough then they'll be bumped by new posts.

Bow ties are coool.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

She's 70.
Now why is it that you, Mr. Non-partisan, didn't reply with "www.foxnews.com"? Or does your hatred of partisan politics only extend to the left?

I will always, always make fun of the absurd. I don't care what it is, politics, blind loyalty, commies that come from cities where its legal to shit on the sidewalks and everything else like that. You don't understand that because you are blindly liberal and cannot see the other side of things. If you want me to take you seriously stop victimizing yourself and realize that there are a lot of people that don't follow the same agenda as you.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I will also always make fun of sean penn apologists.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

...why is it that you, Mr. Non-partisan, didn't reply with "www.foxnews.com"? Or does your hatred of partisan politics only extend to the left?

It's a known fact that rex does exactly that to WB and other "right wingers" on a fairly regular basis. The idea that he only does it to lefties is without merit and, given your familiarity with the board, I'm surprised you'd even try to make that claim.

This touches on another aspect of this whole liberal mindset, namely, the need to claim victimization and demand special treatment on the premise of it being "fair."

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

...why is it that you, Mr. Non-partisan, didn't reply with "www.foxnews.com"? Or does your hatred of partisan politics only extend to the left?

It's a known fact that rex does exactly that to WB and other I on a fairly regular basis. The idea that he only does it to lefties is without merit and, given your familiarity with the board, I'm surprised you'd even try to make that claim.

This touches on another aspect of this whole liberal mindset, namely, the need to claim victimization and demand special treatment on the premise of it being "fair."

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

She's 70.

she's an old ugly bitch?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dueling Rallies Emerge In Ground Zero Mosque Debate: Hundreds of people on both sides of a controversy over a proposed mosque near Ground Zero take to the streets of lower Manhattan to air their feelings

Okay. Maybe they have the RIGHT to build their little terrorist training center in downtown Manhattan to poke a finger in the eye of the victims of the attack and the rest of the nation but it's a dick move. And the politicians who refuse to at least acknowledge that fact are also dicks.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Mosque is no insult to the victims of 9/11

By Robert Remington, Calgary Herald August 7, 2010 Comments (2)

"Scary Arabs . . . want to kill you, all of you, because that is their nature," Alex Pareene at salon. com sarcastically wrote in a recent blog.

He was referring to the vitriolic Islamophobic backlash to the building of a mosque and Islamic cultural centre in Manhattan two long blocks from Ground Zero, which has riled Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Pat Robertson and a host of others. They claim the proposed centre is an insult to the memory of the victims of 9/11 and insensitive to the feelings of their families.

This might come as a surprise to the friends and relatives of the nearly 60 Muslims who died in the 9/11 attacks. They comprised almost two per cent of the fatalities, which is more than double their proportionate representation (0.6 per cent) of the U.S. population.

Among the Muslim victims of 9/11 was Shabbir Ahmed, a 47-year-old father who was a waiter at the Windows of the World restaurant on the top floor of Tower One. Mohammad Chowdhury, also a waiter there, left behind a wife, Baraheen Ashrafi, who was nine months pregnant with her second child. On the morning of Sept. 11, they prayed Salaat-i-Fajr (the pre-dawn prayer) together before he went off to work.

The 57 verified Muslims who died in the attacks include 28 at the World Trade Center, plus others on planes and at the Pentagon, (which in 2007 had 100 observant Muslim defence workers on staff). Another victim was Salman Hamdani, a 23-year-old New York City police cadet, part-time ambulance driver and medical student. His remains were found six months later near the North Tower with his EMT bag beside him. We can assume he died a hero.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Mosque+insult+victims/3371820/story.html#ixzz0xNTKF0u7

Hate the terrorist but spreading that hate to others is just doing the terrorists bidding.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: WB
The name of the planned muslim center -- the Cordoba Initiative-- alone tells everything we need to know. Cordoba in the time that the Moors occupied Spain, Portugal and Southern France, from roughly 700 AD to 1492, was the major center of indoctrination and spread of islam, from conquered Europe.

So logic says we should deny them the symbolic conquest of locating the center right next to Ground Zero.

Pelosi, like other liberals, is giving aid, comfort and propaganda talking points to our enemies. Again.

A few Democrats are breaking ranks with Pelosi and opposing her views, because her position is so far off the deep end.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
But since you have a fondness for the Canadian press, M E M...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

US worse than al Qaeda: imam

• The Islamic cleric who wants to build a mosque two blocks from Ground Zero once claimed in a jaw-dropping speech that the United States has killed more innocent civilians than al Qaeda.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf's remarks five years ago have set off a fresh firestorm of controversy, dumping fuel on the already combustible debate surrounding the estimated $100 million Islamic cultural center, and infuriating mosque opponents, who are fighting to have it moved far from the site of the 9/11 attacks.

"We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al Qaeda has on its hands of innocent non-Muslims," Rauf said in 2005.

"You may remember that the US-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. This has been documented by the United Nations."

Note that he isn't just taking about U.S.-involved wars. He even considers the use of sanctions to be killing "innocent Muslims."

Basically, he's saying we're worse than terrorists.

And, not only are the liberals championing his mosque as a harmless addition to the city's religious culture but that the President is paying for this terrorist loving jackass to tour the world on the taxpayers' dime as a special envoy.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

US worse than al Qaeda: imam

• The Islamic cleric who wants to build a mosque two blocks from Ground Zero once claimed in a jaw-dropping speech that the United States has killed more innocent civilians than al Qaeda.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf's remarks five years ago have set off a fresh firestorm of controversy, dumping fuel on the already combustible debate surrounding the estimated $100 million Islamic cultural center, and infuriating mosque opponents, who are fighting to have it moved far from the site of the 9/11 attacks.

"We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al Qaeda has on its hands of innocent non-Muslims," Rauf said in 2005.

"You may remember that the US-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. This has been documented by the United Nations."

Note that he isn't just taking about U.S.-involved wars. He even considers the use of sanctions to be killing "innocent Muslims."

Basically, he's saying we're worse than terrorists.

And, not only are the liberals championing his mosque as a harmless addition to the city's religious culture but that the President is paying for this terrorist loving jackass to tour the world on the taxpayers' dime as a special envoy.

defending freedom of speech is most important when you don't like what someone has to say.
and once again you belittle diplomacy when that's the best way to end the cultural tensions that breed terrorism.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The imam apparently considers U.S. diplomacy--at least when it comes to sanctions--to be worse then terrorism. This is just another lib-backed apology tour in support of radical Islam.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
He's hardly radical G-man. Your just picking bits of what he said and ignoring the stuff that doesn't fit in your propaganda.

Fair play!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Well funding for the mosque comes from Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal who is the second largest shareholder in Newscorp which owns Fox News.
When I saw that on the Daily Show I had to look it up and it's all public record. Why isn't that being mentioned? Technically watching Fox News or going to their site allows them to increase ad revenues which in turn generates more profits for the shareholders, the second largest of which will use that money to fund the mosque.
Like so many of the right's actions, it's steeped in hypocricy and evil.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
It's all public record, not liberal conspiracy theory and it's quite sickening.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
funding for the mosque comes from Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal who is the second largest shareholder in Newscorp which owns Fox News.

Ray just demonstrated Fox is independent and not beholden to their big money shareholders.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
and he even started a new thread to do it!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ray's devotion to proving that Fox is fair and balanced is just that strong.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
If they were really taking a stance and not "beholden" they would mention his name and not pussyfoot around him. All they're doing is whipping up a frenzy with their right wing audience. It's manipulation and hypocricy pure and simple but all you can do is attack me.
Bravo, dickheads.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ray mentioned Jon Stewart.

Jon Stewart is on Comedy Central.

Comedy Central is owned by Viacom.

The majority owners of Viacom are Sumner Redstone and his family.

Sumner Redstone is a major donor to the Democratic Party and its candidates.

Does Jon Stewart mention that every time he covers politics?

I'm guessing no.

But Fox is supposed to mention the names of its shareholders in its stories?

M'kay.

And before Ray says "yeah, but Fox is a news show and Jon Stewart isn't," I'd point out that Redstone is also a majority owner of CBS, which does air the news.

And, again, I'm guessing that no one expects CBS to mention Redstone in their stores.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Jon Stewart doesn't attack relentlessly an organization funded by Redstone without mentioning Redstone by name. He doesn't accuse Redstone of funding terrorism by saying "this is the guy."
Jon Stewart is not on 24 hours a day and is reflective only of his show and maybe Colbert.
BOth Colbert and Stewart have directly attacked Redstone and Viacom over the youtube lawsuits a few years back.
Stewart has been more critical of Obama in the last year than Fox was of Bush in 8 years.

At no point have you directly talked about my post, you've only attacked me and my source. As I mentioned, it's all public domain info. THis isn't about what was mentioned on the Daily Show, it's about the information presented.
Sadly like the conservative argument these days, you use ad hominem attacks to evade the issue.
Now, I bet your next post will mention me and attack me rather then stay on the topic. In the end that only proves my point was too much for you to handle.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
At no point have you directly talked about my post,

Your post was an effort to accuse Fox of having a conflict of interest. I pointed out that why it didn't seem like a conflict and, in fact, seemed to demonstrate journalistic independence. I also discussed how your use of Jon Stewart seemed to undermine the point you tried to make.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Quote:
At no point have you directly talked about my post,

Your post was an effort to accuse Fox of having a conflict of interest. I pointed out that why it didn't seem like a conflict and, in fact, seemed to demonstrate journalistic independence. I also discussed how your use of Jon Stewart seemed to undermine the point you tried to make.

It is a conflict of interest if, as I already pointed out, Fox denounces the mosque and runs stories accusing the funders of supporting terrorism without mentioning by name the man who happens to own a share of the network and therefore gains money from their ad sales which then goes into funding the mosque which fox then denounces.
I also didn't take Jon Stewart at blind faith and, as already mentioned, looked up the information and it's true and google search away. I realize you are opposed to looking up information via the internet but google is a great tool. Try "media corps shareholders" or "mosque funding" or just "prince ali -aladdin." Or it's also on wikipedia on the newscorp page and the page for this prince.
ALso, Jon Stewart is an ethical guy. He's railed against Obama and Viacom/Redstone many times.
And yes my post was to point out the hypocricy of the right once again. And once again you make it about me and not the issue (I believe right now one of you right wingers has just posted a "ray adler is a commie child rapist" thread and the right wing mod bsams will leave it there which using my real name probably qualifies as slander, or libel since it's in written form).

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes, we all understand the facts you're citing. The point is that you are drawing a conclusion from them that doesn't stand. And if it did stand it would also stand in the Stewart case.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
If they were really taking a stance and not "beholden" they would mention his name and not pussyfoot around him. All they're doing is whipping up a frenzy with their right wing audience. It's manipulation and hypocricy pure and simple but all you can do is attack me.
Bravo, dickheads.

\:lol\:

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
It's apples and oranges. I've already pointed how their different cases. I'm going to do it again in nice bullete points:
-Stewart and COlbert are comedy shows that represent 1 hour of airtime four times a week. FOx has featured stories on the mosque all day long.
-Stewart has directly mentioned who owns the network and has directly by name mocked his boss, this is something that a comedy show is not obligated to do but is a sign of ethics on his part.
-I'm already bored with this and I know you'll respond with a little one liner once again mocking me and avoiding the actual facts. I'm still annoyed that your little bitch boy rex has posted yet another thread using my real name that will show up in a google search. THis started with you combing through my geocities link to use my name to mock me. Like the coward you are, you use my name when all you are is "G-man," a nothing internet user name that a coward like yourself hides behind to be a cunt online.
Go fuck yourself, you useless piece of shit. I'm so tired of you.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Broken. Again.

You told everyone your real name years ago. I never had to guess it or do anything to learn it. You told us.

As for your other points: You made an argument. I explained why I disagreed. You had a meltdown.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
It's apples and oranges. I've already pointed how their different cases. I'm going to do it again in nice bullete points:
-Stewart and COlbert are comedy shows that represent 1 hour of airtime four times a week. FOx has featured stories on the mosque all day long.
-Stewart has directly mentioned who owns the network and has directly by name mocked his boss, this is something that a comedy show is not obligated to do but is a sign of ethics on his part.
-I'm already bored with this and I know you'll respond with a little one liner once again mocking me and avoiding the actual facts. I'm still annoyed that your little bitch boy rex has posted yet another thread using my real name that will show up in a google search. THis started with you combing through my geocities link to use my name to mock me. Like the coward you are, you use my name when all you are is "G-man," a nothing internet user name that a coward like yourself hides behind to be a cunt online.
Go fuck yourself, you useless piece of shit. I'm so tired of you.

strong men also cry, ray.

strong men also cry.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Broken. Again.

You told everyone your real name years ago. I never had to guess it or do anything to learn it. You told us.

As for your other points: You made an argument. I explained why I disagreed. You had a meltdown.

Get the facts straight, although why bother when you and your friends can post pics and emoticons.
I never announced my name. I made the mistake of sharing a link to a geocities page I had for my writing and at the bottom it said "All stories written by Ray Adler" for legal reasons since I had submitted those stories to contests and didn't want an internet search to turn them up and be accused of plagarism. You then announced my name and used it in every post until I finally gave up trying to get you to stop and like a little child my lack of interest made you calling me "adler" in every post.
I'm once again the target of the conservative fury here because I made an argument that you can't really refute so you do what you always do: attack me and my sources.

Bow ties are coool.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Ray, I don't pick on your because you're a liberal or a because you think I'm a conservative. I make fun of you because you're an idiot.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

I never announced my name. I made the mistake of sharing a link to a geocities page I had for my writing and at the bottom it said "All stories written by Ray Adler" for legal reasons since I had submitted those stories to contests and didn't want an internet search to turn them up and be accused of plagarism. You then announced my name ....

A search for the word "Adler" in all forums going back the maximum nine years reveals the following, posted in a thread entitled "who the fizzuck are you?!?!" is the first use of the name "Ray Adler" on this board:

Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man #241877 - 08/05/03 10:10 AM

Name: Ray Adler
Job: Alarm Dispatcher, but looking for something else.
Marital status: single
Sports: no sports, but I like to go running to keep fit.
Tv Shows (that are still on): Angel, Alias, Smallville, Scrubs.

The same search reveals the first use of your real name by me was approximately two years later:

Originally Posted By: the G-man #587597 - 10/21/05 02:07 PM
I hate to pull a "Ray Adler," but a google search ...

Feel free to apologize in a PM. No need to do so publicly. You've obviously been under a great deal of strain.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
So then all that means is you combed through a thread here that was long forgotten. Either way it was you who made my name an issue by constantly hammering it in every single post for months back in 2005 or 2006 when I started posting on the politics forum and you needed to dig up anything on me to use instead of arguments.
And again, we're not talking about the issue, this is a thread about me because you, "G-man" are nothing more than a punk.

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler
ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler ray adler

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I had meant to post this at the time it was said, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Gutfeld#Controversial_remarks

Quote:
On August 9, 2010, Gutfeld stated that he planned on constructing New York City's first Islamic-friendly gay bar next to the Park51 Islamic community center, known at the time as Cordoba House and often referred to as the "Ground Zero mosque" in the media.[13][14][15][16][17] As stated in his Greg-alogue, which was featured on Red Eye: "As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque—after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law—who can stop them? Which is why, in the spirit of outreach, I've decided to do the same thing. I'm announcing tonight that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also to Islamic gay men. I hope the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open their Islamic center near Ground Zero is no different than mine...tolerance and understanding." Gutfeld later messaged the Park51 developers of the mosque, seeking a response to his idea. The Park51 group "tweeted" back, "You’re free to open whatever you like. If you won’t consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you’re not going to build dialog."[18] After that Park51 tweet, Gutfeld announced he wanted to build his establishment and name it Dialogue. Other names for the proposed gay bar were sent into the Red Eye host (via Twitter and the Internet) by fans, such as: al Gayda, Grind Zero, The Holey Land, You Mecca Me Hot, and Jihard. Gutfeld has stated he supports the constitutional right of anyone to build a mosque on that site; however, some feel the question of sensitivity toward New Yorkers and Americans who were the targets and victims on 9-11 should be addressed first.

\:lol\:

Maybe THIS is how you prevent a Ground Zero mosque from being built.

Link Copied to Clipboard