Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I thought this deserved it's own thread.
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
Well funding for the mosque comes from Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal who is the second largest shareholder in Newscorp which owns Fox News.
When I saw that on the Daily Show I had to look it up and it's all public record. Why isn't that being mentioned? Technically watching Fox News or going to their site allows them to increase ad revenues which in turn generates more profits for the shareholders, the second largest of which will use that money to fund the mosque.
Like so many of the right's actions, it's steeped in hypocricy and evil.

Not a conspiracy theory. All public record and very interesting how Fox is avoiding naming the guy. They name the organization doing the funding, but not the guy funding it, probably because he OWNS FOX NEWS!!!!!

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
"Liberal Media LIES!!"
i love jack kirby

-Wondy

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ray just demonstrated Fox is independent and not beholden to their big money shareholders.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
so... ummm... one shareholder, not an actual fox shareholder but a shareholder in the company that owns the network. one shareholder out of who the fuck knows how many, and not even a majority shareholder - close but no cigar. out of all those people we know of one guy, in the third largest media holdings corporation in the world which owns fucktons of networks, who is chipping in money to build this mosque.

holy fuck. everything we thought we knew was wrong.

ever see those little disclaimers in between some programs on a network? the ones where they say the statements and views endorsed in the previous/following program don't necessarily represent the position of the network or its management? if anything, ray, this little example of shameless duplicity (should I have put that in orange so you'd actually get the joke?) you were so kind to regurgitate onto us suggests the commentators and anchors on fox aren't afraid of what network execs and shareholders will think if they go against the grain, or at least that the network execs are far more accepting of dissenting opinions than certain other media conglomerates out there. but thanks for taking what one entertainment outlet says about another entertainment outlet so seriously. I'm glad we have individuals with the journalistic integrity of mr. stewart to tell us these things.

also,

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
by ray's logic, fox is being hypocritical by having a conservative-leaning cable news outlet while broadcasting liberal-leaning shows like family guy or american dad.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Also, by Ray's logic, Comedy Central is the most schizophrenic network on television because they have liberal Jon Stewart skewering conservatives at 11:00 and South Park skewering liberals at 10:00. Either way, there's bound to be a shareholder who's offended.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
He's the second largest shareholder at 7%. That's a good amount considering the money it generates. As I said in the other thread they're not taking a stance against the man they're pussyfooting around and not mentioning their owner so they can keep up the fearmongering.
Disgusting.

And South Park's creators have consistently mocked both sides and often prefer not really take a stance so much as mock people they find foolish. The Daily Show has also been more critical of Obama in the past year than Fox was of Bush in 8 years.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Also Jon Stewart and Colbert have directly taken on Viacom and Redstone by name over the lawsuit against youtube.

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
so do you actually have a point here ray? first time for everything and all.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
i think ray is trying to say fox really is fair and balanced.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab
i think ray is trying to say fox really is fair and balanced.

Link Copied to Clipboard