Print Thread
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Carl Paladino to reporter: 'I'll take you out'
(This item has been updated since it was first posted.)

By Jason Horowitz

Did Carl Paladino just make a gigantic mistake?

The New York gubernatorial candidate got into an angry, expletive-filled exchange with one of the most influential reporters in the state when asked to back up claims that his Democratic opponent is having an affair.

"Do you have any evidence of the charge you made?" asked Fred Dicker of the New York Post.

"You'll get it at the appropriate time. You're not entitled to it," Paladino responded angrily. He said the Post had sent "goons" to his daughter's house -- apparently a reference to press coverage of his own extramarital affair and out-of-wedlock child.

When the reporter followed him, Paladino shouted, "I'll take you out."

"You'll take me out? How are you gonna do that? Are you threatening me?" Dicker responded. "Watch," Paladino said as he walked away.

Paladino's campaign manager, Michael Caputo, blocked Dicker from following the candidate and accused him of working for Democratic nominee Andrew Cuomo.

WP

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I thought you gays liked it when a dude offered to take another out?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
7500+ posts 3 minutes 6 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Carl Paladino to reporter: 'I'll take you out'

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Paladino says he has no proof of Cuomo affair

ALBANY - Republican candidate for New York's Governor, Carl Paladino, now says he has no proof democrat Andrew Cuomo had extramarital affairs a decade ago.

During a confrontation Wednesday night with a New York Post reporter, Paladino said he had proof of Cuomo affairs and would soon release it.

Paladino now says he never meant to accuse Cuomo. He says he just wants the media to look into Cuomo's private life the same way they have his.

Paladino has a daughter from an affair during his marriage.

wnyt.com

I'm sure the death threat to a reporter and this won't hurt his campaign at all.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
ahhh, the smell of desperation in october. scramble, democrats! scramble! \:lol\:

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I know it's unfair to judge a republican candidate for his lies and death threats but what does that have to do with October?

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I am in agreement with MEM here. The guy lost his cool to the press and came up short on some dirty politics. He got busted once, so he wanted the press to do the same to his opponent.

The sad part is, though, the truth is the press probably isn't doing its job and is throwing up blinders to anything dirty on the Dem side. Not to sound like Wondy or anything, but it wouldn't be the first time we've seen their selectivity...

25+ posts
25+ posts
I am in agreement with MEM here. The guy lost his cool to the press and came up short on some dirty politics. He got busted once, so he wanted the press to do the same to his opponent.

The sad part is, though, the truth is the press probably isn't doing its job and is throwing up blinders to anything dirty on the Dem side. Not to sound like Wondy or anything, but it wouldn't be the first time we've seen their selectivity...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

I think the tabloid stuff really shouldn't be part of their job IMO. Paladino's love child became pupblic knowledge because he didn't hide her though. I actually consider that a plus for him that he integrated his daughter with the rest of his family.

And there's many example where the press has done the same with democratic candidates. Right or wrong, a love child is going to be a story no matter what the candidates political affiliation. John Edwards for example wasn't even a candidate and it was a big story.

Fair play!
500+ posts
500+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...o-strangle-them

Quote:
“If I hear one more Republican tell me about balancing the budget, I am going to strangle them,” Biden said

MEM, I am as outraged as you sir.

Link Copied to Clipboard