Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
well...all of that was very interesting. the thing i love about these boards is i can stay away for months...years even...and when i come back it's like i never left. the same people are making the same arguments and, while some of the rhetoric is hateful and sad, quite a bit of it is funny as all hell.

my two cents: the e-mail was overtly racist. you can't make an obvious comparison between a black person and a chimp and not consider it racist.

having said that, the situation was a story for maybe one or two days...some anonymous republican in orange county forwarded an inappropriate e-mail to her inner circle.
is she racist? maybe. maybe not.
is she stupid? maybe. maybe not.
does she have piss poor judgement? pretty much, yeah.

she should be fired or step down and that's the end of it. the whole episode does not deserve the amount of vitriol wasted on it here.

You were the first regular I interacted with, way back, on the DC message boards, Bast (way back when you were Year Of The Bastard). I always marveled at how vastly divergent our views were, and yet how we always got along, and never got uncivil or parted with bad feelings.

And this post is no exception. We disagree on smaller points, that are already clear in contrast to what I already posted. But the thrust of what you say is reasonable.

From the context that comparing blacks to monkeys is a longstanding tradition among racists, it can be interpreted that way, as racist.

From the context that Bush and others have been portrayed as chimps, it could be argued that it was not necessarily racist, but will certainly be portraayed that way by Democrats.

I'll leave the whole thing about pschoanalysis of Rex boiling down to fear/love/hatred (or all three) of black cocks for others to discuss.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm amazed no one has mentioned Donald Trump's remark today about how Obama should "get off the basketball court" to deal with spiking gas prices and other dire issues.

(I provided a liberal blog version, that gives maximum spin of how great Obama is, and how evil and racist anyone criticizing Obama must be, to criticize the Annointed One.)

Quote:

TRUMP: If you look at what he’s doing in Libya, which is a total disaster. Nobody even knows what’s going on in Libya. If you look at what’s happening with gasoline prices where he said he has no control over prices, which he does if he gets on the phone or gets off his basketball court or whatever he is doing at the time. He should be focussing on OPEC and getting prices down...

Or maybe, y'know, Trump just said that because Obama was on video yesterday at a photo-op at some school shooting hoops while America burns.

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
I'm amazed no one has mentioned Donald Trump's remark today about how Obama should "get off the basketball court" to deal with spiking gas prices and other dire issues.

(I provided a liberal blog version, that gives maximum spin of how great Obama is, and how evil and racist anyone criticizing Obama must be, to criticize the Annointed One.)

Quote:

TRUMP: If you look at what he’s doing in Libya, which is a total disaster. Nobody even knows what’s going on in Libya. If you look at what’s happening with gasoline prices where he said he has no control over prices, which he does if he gets on the phone or gets off his basketball court or whatever he is doing at the time. He should be focussing on OPEC and getting prices down...

Or maybe, y'know, Trump just said that because Obama was on video yesterday at a photo-op at some school shooting hoops while America burns.

dave...i don't think it's necessary to mention all the dog whistles that trump and others use to jin up the that segment of the population that hate obama for reasons other than just his policies.

fact is this: trump and others have used the birther thing to basically call obama a nigger without saying the word. obama likes to play golf as well as basketball. why wouldn't trump mention that instead? because it doesn't paint the right picture.

the whole thing about his grades is the same thing...it's to fan the flames of racial hatred and further the socio-economic division of this country.

trump and people of his ilk should be ashamed of themselves. nothing good can come of this. trump isnt going to run and if he does, he won't win. so all he is doing is riling up the nuts on the far right. to what purpose?

is this really the best thing for this country right now?

you don't have to like obama. his politics and policies could be exactly opposite of what you believe is best for this country. even i, an obama supporter, have been underwhelmed by some of the things he's done so far...not because i think he's wrong but, because i think he's been too cautious and too concillatory to people that only want to personally destroy him rather than do whats good for the country.

but how can anyone think that firing up the people in this country...of which there are LEGION...that hate minorities based on stereotypes and ignorance is a good thing?

you want him out? fine. put up a candidate that has better ideas and better plans. put up a candidate that can show beyond a reasonable doubt that obama's policies have hurt this country. put up a candidate that has the intellect, vision and charisma to debate the issues and win more than 50% of the electorate and a majority in the electoral college. put up a SERIOUS candidate that doesn't find it necessary to use lies, innuendo, ignorance and hatred to create excitement.

let's elect a president based on the what's best for the country. not what's worst for it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The Bastard
dave...i don't think it's necessary to mention all the dog whistles that trump and others use to jin up the that segment of the population that hate obama for reasons other than just his policies.

Y'know... I think if you make an allegation like this, you have an obligation to make clear that it couldn't possibly be any other reason than racism toward Obama.
And I would argue that many of the same people who would not support, or more precisely despise what Obama is doing, would support Colin Powell or Herman Cain or J.C.Watts or Clarence Thomas or Allen West. Myself included.

So it is clearly about 1.6 trillion in debt this year, weak foreign policy, and his relationships with people like Bill Ayers, Rev. Wright, Jeff Jones, Andy Stern, Van Jones, etc., and clearly not about race.

I'm not saying there isn't a tiny fringe out there who are truly racist. But I fail to see any evidence at all that hostility toward Obama for the overwwhelming majority is about anything other than his policy and radical left history.

So I disagree with you.

Originally Posted By: The BASTARD

fact is this: trump and others have used the birther thing to basically call obama a nigger without saying the word. obama likes to play golf as well as basketball. why wouldn't trump mention that instead? because it doesn't paint the right picture.

Woah.

Again: I see no evidence that criticizing Obama's policy manifests anything other than opposing his policy, and not wanting to see the nation "fundamentally transformed".

Others have commented about the fact that Obama racked up more golf time in his first year than W.Bush racked up in his entire 8 years.

I suspect that, like the birther issue, Trump selected it as something that would make him stand out from the crowd when criticizing Obama. And give him further visibility and name recognition.

Trump is an effective self-promoter, and is showing remarkable skill at carrying that over into politics by selecting the right targets. Along the lines of Willie Horton, or "it's the economy stupid".
That's a far cry from him or his supporters itching to unleash the N-bomb.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As contrasted with SEIU supporters saying Clarence Thomas should be "strung up" (lynched), or "put back in the fields" picking cotton.

Or Bill Clinton saying to Ted Kennedy about Obama when Hillary was passed over and the nomination was given to Obama: "A few years ago, he would have been bringing us coffee."

Are these liberals "basically calling him a nigger without using the word"?

And by the way, the whole "birther" issue, questioning whether Obama is even a U.S. citizen, or eligible to be president, or whether he was born in Kenya, was first introduced by the 2008 Hillary Clinton campaign during the primaries, long before Trump or any Republican raised the issue.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
At some point you have to abandon the canard that it's just about Obama's race, and acknowledge that these are manifestations of Obama's distance from the priorities and ideology of most Americans.

Marie Antoinette was not black. The angry mob was not using code to call her the N-word. It was her elitism and callousness they hated.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard

Oh for crying out loud.

The word "nigger" is not something geared towards foreign blacks. So pulling a Whoopi Goldberg (see also: "Because he's black?") makes very little sense.

Do you realize that Obama is not the first president to be questioned about his birth certificate?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
The word "nigger" is not something geared towards foreign blacks.

He's not foreign. He's an American. The President of the United States, in fact. Your President. Your Commander-In-Chief. Your boss. Boy.

Quote:
Do you realize that Obama is not the first president to be questioned about his birth certificate?

Yes, except every other Prez before him was "questioned about his birth certificate"...once. When they asked, "Are you American?", he said "Yes", and that was it. There's no comparison to this ongoing moronic kiddie-shit the Rightwing Extremists pull.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
ahnold?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
He's not foreign. He's an American. The President of the United States, in fact. Your President. Your Commander-In-Chief. Your boss. Boy.

Wow! Could you have missed the point any more blatantly?

Bastard was implying that Trump was accusing him of not being a citizen because he's black and that this is the equivalent of calling him a "nigger."

Aside from that not being the case, the word "nigger" is not reserved for or centered on black people who aren't citizens of the US. So his assertion makes very little sense--just like this idiotic followup of yours.

Quote:
Yes, except every other Prez before him was "questioned about his birth certificate"...once.

No. There were several other presidents in the past that had to cough up birth certificates.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
GETTUDACHOPPA!!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And now your avoiding my post because you jumped into a conversation you didn't have any real grasp on.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Bastard was implying that Trump was accusing him of not being a citizen because he's black and that this is the equivalent of calling him a "nigger."

Aside from that not being the case, the word "nigger" is not reserved for or centered on black people who aren't citizens of the US. So his assertion makes very little sense--just like this idiotic followup of yours.

Wow, Pariah, you sure are smart. I just thought the word 'nigger' was used for any black person regardless of origin. It's good to know that you have deeply researched the the word and given us that bit of information.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
GETTUDACHOPPA!!

no, seriously - I recall the left being kinda pissy about schwarzenegger getting elected governor and a few people tried to protest it because of questions about the legitimacy of his citizenship. then again, he was white so I guess that's immaterial.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
No, it was for Governor. We're talking the President...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

Wow, Pariah, you sure are smart. I just thought the word 'nigger' was used for any black person regardless of origin. It's good to know that you have deeply researched the the word and given us that bit of information.

Yes. That was my point to Bastard.....I'm glad I could educate you on this.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
It's time to log off and call it a day, Pariah.

You're really embarrassing yourself "this" time.

Unless you want to go for broke and regale us with the tale of the drug dealers who abducted you, or however that went.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
And I believe Bastard's whole point with the comment you quoted was that they were using it to essentially talk down the president as though he didn't deserve his job based on race. I don't agree with his point 100%, but I at least understand what he's saying.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I could do that if you want--kinda odd how you didn't ask me that 7 years ago.

But I'm having more fun watching Doc and Pro (ProDoc?) jump in and make asses of themselves for my benefit.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Pariah, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

I blame Rob for my idiotic posting habits because he is responsible for everything that happens here.

-Pariah

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
No, it was for Governor. We're talking the President...

I'm aware. I was just trying to show that this sort of issue isn't completely without precedent.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And I believe Bastard's whole point with the comment you quoted was that they were using it to essentially talk down the president as though he didn't deserve his job based on race. I don't agree with his point 100%, but I at least understand what he's saying.

So now we're going from you not understanding me to me not understanding him? Cute. If you knew it was a misinterpretation on my part, then why you didn't you tell me I was misinterpreting...unless you didn't know and were just assuming you knew enough about the conversation to lecture me.

If Bastard is using the birth certificate issue to make a point about how they're using his race against his eligibility for president, then one would logically expect the point to go into citizenship rather then purely a lecture on racism.

Bastard. Clarify.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor and MisterJLA
WE ARE SO FRUSTRATED WITH YOU RIGHT NOW!!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Poor Pariah.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Aren't we all seriously wasting our time on this? It's done and over. Move on. And, don't move on to the birther issue. That shit is never gonna die. Hell, MSNBC had Orly Taitz on to discuss the birth certificate reveal and she turned it into a soapbox for pushing her new "He's a social security fraudster" line. The press is just as guilty for keeping this shit going as Corsi, Trump, and other nutters are. Hell, even Obama deserves some blame on this for keeping so much of his past records sealed as if he has something to hide. People are still going to wonder if he became a citizen of Indonesia. People are going to say it is a forgery. Did he receive a foreign scholarship? Meanwhile, real meaningful shit is happening in the world.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Actually, I'm RICH!

Rich in the knowledge that XBL is completely safe for me to attach my credit cards to.

I think I'm gonna do that right now!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You're rich, Pariah?

How much did the Catholic Church give you for being ass-fucked by one of their scumbag priests?

Actually, I don't want to know.

"Way to go".

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You paint such a vivid picture of the scenario JLA.....Were you perchance apart of the class action lawsuit?

Because if you tell me you did indeed get gang-raped by a bunch of priests, I guess may have to rethink my position and go against the Catholic church on this.

......Well MisterJLA, were you gang-raped by a bunch of priests?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
the G-man Moderator Lawyers Guns & Money
15000+ posts 04/28/11 06:15 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Republican/Tea Party nutter Circulates Racist E-mail Targeting Obama

This should be good...

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You paint such a vivid picture of the scenario JLA.....Were you perchance apart of the class action lawsuit?

Because if you tell me you did indeed get gang-raped by a bunch of priests, I guess may have to rethink my position and go against the Catholic church on this.

You're part of that cult, not me Parshci.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA

Britney Spears Ate My Pariah?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA

Maybe that's exactly why you're not apart of it anymore am I right?

It's okay JLA. You can tell me. We already know something happened. I mean descriptions are so visceral and specific. No need to hide it anymore. \:\)

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Britney Spears Ate My Pariah?

Please. My material's way too original for a comparison.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Wait, weren't you the one that said nothing happened, even though they paid out 500 million in one city alone?

I win again!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So, you're saying you were raped by priests?

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard