Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/10-things-that-are-banned-in-san-francisco

1. Happy Meals

Or more specifically, toys in Happy Meals. But, what kind of Happy Meal doesn't include a toy?

2. Plastic Bags

Plastic bags are currently not allowed at large chain supermarkets and drug stores, but they are considering expanding the ban to all stores.

3. Bottled Water

City money cannot be used to purchase bottled water and it cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.

4. Smoking

Tobacco cigarettes are not allowed to be smoked in buildings, and clove cigarettes are not permitted to be sold in the city at all.

5. Baby Animals

It's illegal to sell baby chickens, ducks, and rabbits in San Francisco.

6. Segways

Segways are not allowed on sidewalks or bike paths because the mayor of San Francisco thought they promoted laziness.

7. Soda

Soda and juice drinks with no real fruit juice cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.

8. Arizona

As a protest to the state's strict immigration policies, city employees (except for police officers investigating a crime) are not allowed to travel to Arizona.

9. Firearms In Advertisements

Advertisements in San Francisco cannot “promote the use of firearms or advocate any violent action.” The poster for The Other Guy had all the weapons removed just for San Francisco's Muni system last summer.

10. Sitting

In order to curb aggressive panhandling, San Francisco outlawed sitting on the street between the hours of 7am and 11pm.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
That place is a joke. It will destroy itself within the next twenty years.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I had the pleasure of dealing with some people from San Francisco over the weekend. They made Eugenians look like wondy. I have never dealt with more whiny self entitled cunts. I spent my last day in Vegas avoiding them, which ended up being my favorite day.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yeah, I think I can get on board with this bias. The west coast seems to be riddled with narcissistic morons. And you'd think that would be my ball of string...

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
8. Arizona

As a protest to the state's strict immigration policies, city employees (except for police officers investigating a crime) are not allowed to travel to Arizona.

What the motherfuck!?

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/10-things-that-are-banned-in-san-francisco

1. Happy Meals

Or more specifically, toys in Happy Meals. But, what kind of Happy Meal doesn't include a toy?

2. Plastic Bags

Plastic bags are currently not allowed at large chain supermarkets and drug stores, but they are considering expanding the ban to all stores.

3. Bottled Water

City money cannot be used to purchase bottled water and it cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.

4. Smoking

Tobacco cigarettes are not allowed to be smoked in buildings, and clove cigarettes are not permitted to be sold in the city at all.

5. Baby Animals

It's illegal to sell baby chickens, ducks, and rabbits in San Francisco.

6. Segways

Segways are not allowed on sidewalks or bike paths because the mayor of San Francisco thought they promoted laziness.

7. Soda

Soda and juice drinks with no real fruit juice cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.

8. Arizona

9. Firearms In Advertisements

Advertisements in San Francisco cannot “promote the use of firearms or advocate any violent action.” The poster for The Other Guy had all the weapons removed just for San Francisco's Muni system last summer.

10. Sitting

In order to curb aggressive panhandling, San Francisco outlawed sitting on the street between the hours of 7am and 11pm.

\:whoa\: This is weapons-grade insanity. Even Cambridge doesn't go this far(although I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about adopting at least one or two of these ideas).

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

Pro used to be reasonable.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.

Link Copied to Clipboard