Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...television.html

Quote:
In an interview last year, Ashley Olsen said that she would love to see Michelle Obama wear one of her designs. Now, it seems, her dream has come true.

The U.S. First Lady wore a skirt from The Row, the label Miss Olsen, 24, designs with her twin sister Mary-Kate, on The View last week.

Mrs Obama, who appeared on the show with Jill Biden, teamed the pale grey pleated Evelyn skirt, worth $1,170 with a cream V-neck and kitten-heel shoes.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
They're just common folk, like the rest of us.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Just this morning, I stood in front of the porch and shouted at them damn kids while wearing my $1,000 pink robe with matching diamond-studded bunny slippers.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Tranny work must pay well.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Its expensive to cover up an ass that big.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
The Bad Company of Barack Obama

• MICHELLE

The most profound influence in his life, his wife Michelle, is notoriously less circumspect than her careful husband about where she’s coming from. Her college thesis, which Princeton tried to keep under lock and key, testifies to a race-obsessed worldview. She may have refined it, but she’s never grown out of it.

After four years at one of America’s most esteemed academic institutions, Michelle recoiled at the thought of “further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant.” That the sky has been the limit for her, that she has managed to ride the “periphery” from Princeton to Harvard Law School, to one of the country’s top law firms, and to a plethora of prestigious institutional positions, has not much altered her perspective. Through the windows of her mansion on Chicago’s south side, American society still appears as a caste system.

The United States, she says, is “just downright mean.” Never, prior to her husband’s presidential run, had she had a reason to feel proud of it, she told a campaign throng. But by last November, with Barack’s pursuit of the brass ring catching momentum, she suddenly got plenty proud. And confident: so much so that she was moved to tell MSNBC, “Black America will wake up and get it” -- unite and carry him over the finish line.

Nothing quite says "recoil at the thought of further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant” like a $1,170 designer skirt.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
"After releasing the birth certificate today, he said 'There's work to be done, there are real problems in this country, and we don't have time for this silliness.' Then he and Michelle got on a plane and flew to Chicago to tape an episode of Oprah." –Jay Leno

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Michelle Obama, like all the other previous first ladies wear expensive stuff. Why would anyone have an issue with her and not the other previous first ladies?

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Because she's an ugly and hateful cunt?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I already knew the failed troll reason.

Anybody else?

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
No, that's the truth.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I already knew the failed troll reason.

Anybody else?

Because when they travel to France or Brazil or to try and secure the 2016 Olympics for Chicago travelling to Copenhagen, or pick up an unearned Nobel prize, or even domestically, they spend exhorbitant amounts of taxpayer dollars on frivolous luxuries that previous presidents and first ladies did not.

And because of their vocal scorn of such luxuries by others prior to --and during-- their time in the White House.

They call for others to sacrifice while they never pass up any extravangance.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Your mixing up the GOP wanting to cut medicare for everyone while keeping their buddies tax rates low. My point was that all first ladies have worn expensive clothing. The Bush's didn't campaign as wealthy elites did they? Didn't they also take expensive vacations?

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
non sequitur

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Wait.

I thought the Obamas were telling Americans we need to sacrifice more?

And didn't the democrats (and some members of the press) make a stink over Sarah Palin's clothes budget?

You'd almost think there was a double standard or something.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So just for clarification what would be the rkmbs conservative standard on this? If somebody talks about the nation needing to sacrifice they shouldn't wear anything deemed expensive or take any trips?

Fair play!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
If somebody talks about the nation needing to sacrifice they shouldn't wear anything deemed expensive

Basically. Because that's a person asking people to tighten their belts and save money while she splurges on unnecessary things. I can't think of any defense for her, since her expensive shits are all fashion-related. (I crossed out "deemed" because you're making it seem like it's just the people subjectively categorizing her splurges as expensive.)

I also removed the "any trips" because the frequent vacation trips, I believe, are not mentioned anywhere on this thread, and are actually being panned for a different reason (last I read was because it happened while Obama should be busy dealing with other more important aspects of his job)

I don't think I belong in the RKMBs republicans or conservatives or whatever the anti-MEM side is called, but I think it's safe to say that "Practice what you preach" is a really good standard to follow.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The RKMBS republican hive mind are g-man, wondy and sammitch.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
If somebody talks about the nation needing to sacrifice they shouldn't wear anything deemed expensive

Basically. Because that's a person asking people to tighten their belts and save money while she splurges on unnecessary things. I can't think of any defense for her, since her expensive shits are all fashion-related. (I crossed out "deemed" because you're making it seem like it's just the people subjectively categorizing her splurges as expensive.)

So you feel previous first ladies were for people not saving money? And what did Michelle Obama say exactly? I know she's an advocate for better nutrition but I don't see where she said people couldn't have expensive things.

Quote:
I also removed the "any trips" because the frequent vacation trips, I believe, are not mentioned anywhere on this thread, and are actually being panned for a different reason (last I read was because it happened while Obama should be busy dealing with other more important aspects of his job)

Wondy mentioned them so I included it. Obama has taken less vacation than the previous president yet partisans like WB and Bsams didn't have a problem with that. I guess I'm seeing a double standard on their part there.

Quote:
I don't think I belong in the RKMBs republicans or conservatives or whatever the anti-MEM side is called, but I think it's safe to say that "Practice what you preach" is a really good standard to follow.

[/quote]

The anti-mem stuff is silly but I would agree with you about the "Practice what you preach" standard.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
The RKMBS republican hive mind are g-man, wondy and sammitch.

I win again!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
The RKMBS republican hive mind are g-man, wondy and sammitch [and BSAMS, but I'm afraid of him].

There. Fixed it for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard