Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Michigan woman sues over misleading 'Drive' trailer:
  • The lawsuit filed by Sarah Deming says distributor FilmDistrict marketed "Drive" as "very similar to the 'Fast and the Furious,' or similar, series of movies"

The actual film "bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film ... having very little driving in the motion picture," the suit alleges.

Deming's lawsuit goes on to say that the film "substantially contained extreme gratuitous dehumanizing racism directed at members of the Jewish faith, and thereby promoted criminal violence against members of the Jewish faith."

She is seeking a refund of her ticket price, and intends to turn the case into a class action suit to end misleading movie trailers

This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
\:lol\:

Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blodgrive

"and maybe you should pay more attention to your typeing and tags so your posts dont look so retarded than trying to win a loosing battle."

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blogger

"and maybe you should pay more attention to your typeing and tags so your posts dont look so retarded than trying to win a loosing battle."

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
livejorunal

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
pypetad

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
squarspace

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blogsream jotsspot

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blogitfree

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
22 blog HI

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
xagna myspace

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blogxstar

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
MSN psaces

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
persnos

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blogercrab

kiss my
B
U
T
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
Shannon messer-upper
25+ posts
blogweb

kiss my
B
U
T
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Michigan woman sues over misleading 'Drive' trailer:
  • The lawsuit filed by Sarah Deming says distributor FilmDistrict marketed "Drive" as "very similar to the 'Fast and the Furious,' or similar, series of movies"

The actual film "bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film ... having very little driving in the motion picture," the suit alleges.

Deming's lawsuit goes on to say that the film "substantially contained extreme gratuitous dehumanizing racism directed at members of the Jewish faith, and thereby promoted criminal violence against members of the Jewish faith."

She is seeking a refund of her ticket price, and intends to turn the case into a class action suit to end misleading movie trailers

This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story.

I wonder how Michigan has that set up. Here, you can only win an amount equal to the amount of money you're out of. Even in a class action situation, I don't see a law firm who'll think this will be good business sense for them.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Does anyone remember the good old days when Bunny wold talk less and expose herself more?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Fuck off, Gerald.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Yay for Sneaky!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Yay for Sneaky's bunnies!

Link Copied to Clipboard