Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

"One... Two... Cha-cha-cha"

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
110 percent pure adrenaline. woo!

giant picture
Rob #1171797 2012-01-12 10:24 PM
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

"I wish I knew how to quit you"

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Too soon?

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/11/tickets-to-dark-knight-rises-already-selling-out/?hpt=hp_bn4
 Quote:

Tickets to 'Dark Knight Rises' already selling out

"The Dark Knight Rises" won't open until July 20, but tickets for a midnight showing are not only on sale - some of them have already been bought out completely.

Entertainment Weekly reports that anxious fans can purchase admission to "The Dark Knight Rises" midnight opening on July 19 in IMAX theaters in San Francisco and Los Angeles using movie ticket e-retailer Fandango.

Unfortunately for those living in the Big Apple, it is already sold out of New York midnight IMAX showings.

A Fandango rep tells EW that it's not unheard of for tickets to go on sale so far in advance, although this is earlier even than "Avatar's" pre-sale, which began four months before it was released in December of 2009.

The furor for this film surely has studio execs at Warner Bros. dreaming of another record-setting box office showing, as "Dark Knight Rises" predecessor, "The Dark Knight," holds the No. 2 spot for best opening weekend thanks to the $158 million it brought in at the box office in 2008.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
To hype up The Dark Knight, heath ledger killed himself.
To hype up The Dark Knight Rises, anne hathaway cut her hair.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I knew that Batman dude can't be trusted!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
They missed the hyphen.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Along with the mark.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Didn't watch it by the way.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Looks decent! I don't think Anne Hathaway has the gravitas to fit in with the rest of the cast. But, as an ending, I'm sure it will satisfy as needed...

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Along with the mark.

Already downing this movie?

This'll be the greatest Batman film ever!!!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I don't think Anne Hathaway has the gravitas to fit in with the rest of the cast.

We all know who you'd rather see as Catwoman...

... wait for it...

... wait for it...

... almost there...

Michelle Pfeiffer.

Blam! Twist ending! The Aristocrats!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
\:lol\: \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Seriously, though, I'll take this....

....over this.....

...any day. And that's not age talking. Or even the aesthetic quality of Pfieffer's superior Selina. It's just that Michelle (SO FAR BASED ON THE TRAILERS WHICH IS NOT A LOT TO GO BY) makes a far more sultry, believable Catwoman, for me.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Really. Because the Burton Catwoman acted very little like the comic book Catwoman. She played up the cat gimmick, cracked a whip, and kissed Batman. Aside from that, she just vandalized and sought revenge. From what's been released, which as you pointed out is very little, by the studio, this Catwoman is at least a con artist/thief.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Along with the mark.

Already downing this movie?

This'll be the greatest Batman film ever!!!

It will get at least a 76% approval rate at rottentomatoes.com!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
God help us if it only gets 74.5%.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You'll be there to keep it real!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Really. Because the Burton Catwoman acted very little like the comic book Catwoman. She played up the cat gimmick, cracked a whip, and kissed Batman. Aside from that, she just vandalized and sought revenge. From what's been released, which as you pointed out is very little, by the studio, this Catwoman is at least a con artist/thief.

I don't need the con-artist/thief angle. I like the older, sultry, fucking-crazy-nympho version. To me, it's better for live-action than "Oh, aren't I just cleverly flirty while still enforcing the Whedon Rule of dominant females! *wink*"

BUT, again, it hasn't come out, so I could be missing key scenes that paint her in a completely different light. We'll see.

BTW, what was the name of Rhas Al-Ghul's manservant? Was it "Ibis" or something like that? Chris Judge from SG-1 is a cast member of this movie, and I swear it looks like him in there pushing down Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Unless he's just playing "Henchmen #2", I could see him playing that manservant of Rhas. But, he'll probably be "Henchmen #2" ;\)

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Ubu in the animated series.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Sit Ubu, sit.

Good dog.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Heh. Gotham's football team is 'the Rogues'.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Alright, just for moment I'm gonna pretend I care about this film.

You do realize you're endorsing Anne Hathaway as Catwoman right? Nolan film or not, can we not pretend that's anything other than a disaster?

I just sat through the preview (UGH!) and--surprise surprise--she was cracking teen drama quips with a mousy voice that wouldn't even entice a girl-crazy adolescent. I don't expect a Michelle Pfeiffer, but I would expect a full grown woman.

And it's pretty retarded how Nolan tried to put so much emphasis on realism when he described how they wanted to design Batman's suit, car, and toys but they go along with the fifties version of the catsuit--with long hair no less.

Nolan is killing his own vision for the sake of adopting the sassy female foil. Pretty funny really.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Alright, just for moment I'm gonna pretend I care about this film.

You've always cared about this and the other Nolan Batman films. You didn't like them, but they were always on your mind. They were always on your mind.

You do realize you're endorsing Anne Hathaway as Catwoman right? Nolan film or not, can we not pretend that's anything other than a disaster?

I just sat through the preview (UGH!) and--surprise surprise--she was cracking teen drama quips with a mousy voice that wouldn't even entice a girl-crazy adolescent. I don't expect a Michelle Pfeiffer, but I would expect a full grown woman.

And it's pretty retarded how Nolan tried to put so much emphasis on realism when he described how they wanted to design Batman's suit, car, and toys but they go along with the fifties version of the catsuit--with long hair no less.

Nolan is killing his own vision for the sake of adopting the sassy female foil. Pretty funny really.

You're right. It's not like Nolan is an auteur director who has made the best Batman films ever made. Wait... he is and has. Guess I'm more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt until I see this film than dump on it because it doesn't live up to your fan fic.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You're right. It's not like Nolan is an auteur director who has made the best Batman films ever made.

Kinda interesting that you call it a Batman film when it seems to be delivering the Iron Man special with the flying assault vehicle and the Black Widow clone...

[insert "innocent whistle" emoticon here]

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
it's okay pariah. your disapproval as always will only make the film that much better.

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
You're right. It's not like Nolan is an auteur director who has made the best Batman films ever made.

Kinda interesting that you call it a Batman film when it seems to be delivering the Iron Man special with the flying assault vehicle and the Black Widow clone...

[insert "innocent whistle" emoticon here]

Batman has never used high-tech devices ever.
And make up your mind. Is Hathaway the 50's Catwoman or a Black Widow clone?

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It looks like a great Nolan movie but I'm not sure it's a great Batman movie.

Which doesn't mean I think it looks like an Iron Man movie, BTW.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
I'm stoked!

"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts

BTW, what was the name of Rhas Al-Ghul's manservant? Was it "Ibis" or something like that? Chris Judge from SG-1 is a cast member of this movie, and I swear it looks like him in there pushing down Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Unless he's just playing "Henchmen #2", I could see him playing that manservant of Rhas. But, he'll probably be "Henchmen #2" ;\)

yeah i was thinking the same thing when I saw it. I can already hear him calling someone "infidel!"

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
probably pariah...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Batman has never used high-tech devices ever.

The visual nuance seems to differ from device to device. I'm not about to compare a grappling hook or a remote controlled batarang to a flying car. Having that as the climactic highlight of the preview makes a pretty big Marvel impression.

Quote:
And make up your mind. Is Hathaway the 50's Catwoman or a Black Widow clone?

Her clone aspect would be her role as the tag-along fem fatale. Emulating the Julie Newmar look is just insult to injury.

Just ask yourself for a moment: did Black Widow substantively add anything to Iron Man or Avengers beyond the role itself? And do you really think Catwoman is set up to accomplish anything more than that?

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Infidel!

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Just practicing

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns

yeah i was thinking the same thing when I saw it. I can already hear him calling someone "infidel!"

The henchman's name in the comics was Ubu. He was Ras' good dog.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard