Next Thread
Print Thread
#1172285 2012-01-18 4:28 AM
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
OP Offline
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I saw an article about George Lucas retiring and I was gonna post it as "Lucas retires from sitting all day getting fat", but it was actually pretty interesting. It said he's had trouble selling his new movie (he produced it), but it also actually looks pretty interesting.

Lots of The Wire talent there (including the director).

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
If you love george lucas so much why don't you marry him

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
He can't. Lucas is already married to Spielberg

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
I find it hard to believe the guy who created Jar Jar Binks is making a film about the Tuskegee Airmen.

The Star Wars prequels are a parade of racist cartoons passed off as aliens.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
OP Offline
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
They actually go over that in the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/magazi...smid=tw-nytimes the Boondocks guy did the dialogue for the movie, even though he was vocal about Jar Jar being racist when the prequels came out.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
George Lucas to retire from big film making, rules out more Star Wars films

(That's his girlfriend. No lie.)

Quote:
If news filtered through of a movie director who made some astounding films in the 70s declaring that they were hanging up their megaphone, then you’d suspect they might get a sympathetic hearing, and a degree of appreciation for their work.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the case of George Lucas,

In a new interview with the New York Times, ahead of the US release of his next project, Red Tails, George Lucas has said “I’m retiring”. He added that “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff”.

Appreciating that the Star Wars prequel trilogy has left a bit of a sour taste, as has the continual tinkering with the films themselves, George Lucas is an immense force in modern day movies. Without him, there’s no THX 1138, there’s no American Graffiti, there’s no Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Howard The Duck or Willow.

The news of him moving away from the blockbuster film business, albeit with an out clause for Indiana Jones 5, comes off the back of the battle to get Red Tails to the screen. According to long-time producing partner Rick McCallum, “once this is finished, he’s done everything he’s ever wanted to”.

Will Lucas be gone from movies altogether, though? No. Instead, he wants to spend the rest of his film making days on smaller, personal films. Not commercial movies at all, by the sounds of it,.

Interestingly, Lucas also commented on the negative reactions he gets when he changes his films. “On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie … I’m saying: ‘Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.’ ”

He added, talking about making more Star Wars films, “why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?”. He also noted that Steven Spielberg’s admission that the nuking the fridge in Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull was down to him, not Lucas, was false. “He’s trying to protect me”, Lucas said (before talking about why the fridge nuking was more plausible than people gave it credit for).

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
When he dies, I hope someone else can take over. Probably adapt that new universe shit to the big or small screen.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I've given up on good star wars movies even happening again. I'll just stick to the good books and video games.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.

Link Copied to Clipboard