Print Thread
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
The Reason I Will Never Watch a 3rd Ghostbusters Film

Quote:

This is a story that’s going to come as little surprise to anyone who’s followed the progression of Ghostbusters 3 to date. For Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that Bill Murray will not be taking part in the film.

Despite earlier suggestions that the film wouldn’t even happen if Murray wasn’t on board, there are still efforts to get it going, but it’s looking a slightly longer shot. “I honestly don’t know”, Aykroyd admitted, when asked if he thought the film would ever materialise. “At this point it’s in suspended animation. The studio, the director Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis feel there must be a way to do it, but Bill Murray will not do the movie”.

“He doesn’t want to be involved”, Aykroyd continued. “He’s got six kids, houses all over America. He golfs in these tournaments where they pay him to turn up and have a laugh. He’s into this life and living it. I know we’d have a lot of fun [but] I can’t be mad at him. He’s a friend first, a colleague second. We have a deep personal relationship that transcends business and he doesn’t want to know.”

So is there a way to do the film without Murray? Possibly, but not for the sake of it, appears to be the answer. “We’re not going to do a movie that exploits the franchise. The script has to be perfect. I’m the cheerleader, but I’m only one voice in the matter. It’s a surety that Bill Murray will not do the movie, however there is still interest from the studio”.

Given Aykroyd’s enthusiasm for the project to date, that’s about the most downbeat interview we’ve read with him surrounding Ghostbusters 3. It might just be, at the very least, the film is going back to development hell for a bit. If not forever...

Original Source Article on Dan Ackroyd

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I smell "reboot" down the road for the GB's.They might as well do that since it's been 23 years since GB 2 and really the best thing is to have Reiman,Ramis and Akroyd there for creative consulting/producing to make sure the movie's done the way they would like it.Murray made the point of who wants to see 60+ old men running around with proton packs on their backs(paraphrased by me)? Might as well start fresh if they want to keep this going.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
If nothing else, make the original crew have cameos with a new group of guys taking over or even franchising the brand in a new city or somesuch.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Murray will do it. He always waits until the last second to join a film.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
The reason I will never watch a third Ghostbusters film is Ghostbusters 2. proof that even if you have Murray, it won't necessarily be a good movie. I don't want to see a "reboot" or a cliche "handing off to the next generation" movie either.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I'm glad Murray has more important things to do than relive past glories. I'm fine with them rebooting this or whatever, but I'd still put it on hold until we get past this whole "Ashton is Hollywood's Go To Guy" shit.

I feel sad for Aykroyd. It seems he has sunk even lower than Steve Martin at this point. That's quite a feat, IMO.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I don't think you can say Martin's really sunk. He successfully writes books, plays bluegrass and (I think) paints, all critically and commercially successful. At this point I think acting is just his sideline gig.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I guess that does somewhat negate the crapfests that were the Cheaper By The Dozen and Pink Panther movies.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah. I could be wrong but whereas Martin seems to be doing crap movies to fund attempts at actual art, Ackroyd seems to lost the ability to do anything of value (except maybe expensive vodka).

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Whoo boy, another overpriced vodka in a world of Scotch and whiskey. I'm terribly unimpressed.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
On bright side, vodka production has staved off-for a least a few years-Ackroyd and Jim Belushi (or John Goodman if Jim's busy) subjecting us to Blues Brothers 3 (or whatever they'd call it)

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I think Blues Brothers 2000 has saved us from a third Blues Brothers film.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
\:lol\:

Or, possibly, trying to cajole Jane Curtain and whoever he can get from the current SNL cast--so as to seem relevant--to do another Coneheads movie. I wouldn't put it past him to try that stunt again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yep. Say what you will about Steve Martin, but you just know he's the only thing stopping Ackroyd from doing "Wild and Crazy Guys: the Movie."

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

And, that alone makes me take back anything bad I have ever said about Steve Martin in recent years.

BTW, just checked out some of his bluegrass. It's pretty good.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
no murray means no ghostbusters.

make a different movie.

giant picture
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
The reason I will never watch a third Ghostbusters film is Ghostbusters 2. proof that even if you have Murray, it won't necessarily be a good movie.

Also, Rick Moranis - my favorite from the first two films - would HAVE to be in it... but seeing as how he's effectively retired from the film industry, that's highly unlikely. \:\(

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy

And, that alone makes me take back anything bad I have ever said about Steve Martin in recent years.

BTW, just checked out some of his bluegrass. It's pretty good.

The man sure can play the banjo,

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/20...-male-cent.html

Quote:

Ghostbusters Franchise Planning A Second, Male-Centric Movie Along With All-
In addition to the Ghostbusters’ reboot starring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, another male-centric Ghostbusters movie is being planned by Sony Pictures.

According to Deadline, the studio is forming Ghostcorps, a production company led by Ivan Reitman and Dan Akyroyd, that will handle branding opportunities associated with the franchise.

Joe and Anthony Russo, who directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, are in line for the male-driven Ghostbusters film, with a script from Drew Pearce, who wrote Iron Man 3 and Mission Impossible 5. Channing Tatum and partners Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan are on board to produce, with hopes that Tatum will play one of the protagonists in the remake. This process is being handled by Sony while they also begin production on the Paul Feig-directed, female-led Ghostbusters. The project is ambitious and still in the early stages of development.

Reitman made a statement, saying, “We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment. This is branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig’s film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July 2016. He’s got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers’ next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following year. It’s just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies.”

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Translation: Reitman saw the box office for the Avengers

Link Copied to Clipboard