Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/?hpt=hp_t2

At the annual Nickelodeon upfront presentation last week, über-producer Michael Bay revealed details for Platinum Dunes’ upcoming live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, including a new origin story for the half-shell heroes that is sure to raise the ire of diehard fans.

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie,” said Bay as he took the stage to discuss his new vision for the reptilian reboot. “These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

In the original mythology, four baby turtles fall into the sewer and come into contact with glowing radioactive ooze, which mutates them into four bad-ass warriors trained in ninjutsu by astute rodent Splinter. But could the rewriting of the Turtles’ origin story dissuade some fans from embracing the newest incarnation? A comic book-to-movie adaptation’s worst nightmare is bad pre-publicity, and Bay may have generated that in about 30 words.

On the flip side, it might seem outrageous to non-fans of the series that Teenage Mutant Ninja purists are offended by the new mythos of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo. Truth, we might sound a wee bit ridiculous when we cry out, “I can’t believe Bay says they’re aliens when they’re obviously derived from radioactive slime!” But Bay is essentially erasing almost 30 years of love for transmogrified adolescent reptile ninjas by claiming each turtle is less of a fearsome, fighting toxic anomaly and more of a forest green E.T. with nunchucks. What would Shredder think!?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Meh. I don't care if he changes the origin. Diehard fans will be pissed.

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I don't care, and never cared, about the turtles, but isn't making them aliens kind of contrary to the title of the series?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I'm more angry that Michael Bay is still making movies.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
His real name is Mxy Bay

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Ever noticed that Mxy and Michael Bay never appears in the same place at the same time?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Son of Mxy Bay!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
*EXPLOSION*

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
*EXPLOSION*

X10!!

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I would never do that to the Turtles you son of a bitch.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Michael Bay made my childhood explode.

one with the dance
few posts
one with the dance
few posts
This time maybe he should do a little research.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Old but still bearing the fruit of truth.
 Quote:
LOS ANGELES—In the largest deal ever made to shit out a movie, Warner Bros. and director Michael Bay announced a landmark $50 million agreement this week to monumentally fuck up ThunderCats.

"I couldn't be more excited to completely fuck this up," said Bay, who plans to begin production on destroying the live-action adaptation next month. "ThunderCats has a great story, endearing characters, action, adventure, space-travel, and fantasy. It will be an honor to run it into the ground."

"I'll use every directorial tool I have to suck the very life and charm out of this beloved cartoon," added Bay, claiming that the film could turn out to be the most colossal piece of shit he's ever worked on. "I won't rest until I get every last scene exactly wrong."

According to executives, Warner Bros. settled on Bay after a 12-month search of Hollywood's most reviled directors, including Joel Schumacher, Roland Emmerich, and Brett Ratner. In the end, the studio decided only Bay could be relied upon to deliver a 220-minute cinematic clusterfuck with enough tedious performances, overblown cinematography, and CGI explosions to make even the most casual fan want to scratch their eyes out.

"No filmmaker working today has Bay's ability to somehow direct his actors to be both emotionless and melodramatic at once," Warner Bros. CEO Barry Meyer said. "And I personally can't wait to see how he needlessly overcomplicates the plot."

Bay reportedly only agreed to fuck up ThunderCats after several specific conditions were written into his contract. According to the terms of the deal, Bay must be allowed to eliminate the character Panthro entirely to focus on the asinine relationship between Snarf and Snarfer, and include nearly 22 minutes of frenetic, impossible-to-follow action sequences that he hopes will annoy the living Christ out of audiences.

"We're just getting started on the storyboards, but I've already got a lot of really contrived ideas about zooming in way too close and shooting everything at nauseating angles," said Bay, who claimed viewers won't be able to tell if the climactic final battle is between two blurry elbows or a half dozen leopard-print pillows. "I promise you'll walk out of the theater feeling like you just flushed $12 down the toilet."

"You will all fucking hate me," he continued.

Hollywood insiders agreed that Bay—who has reportedly been closely involved in each of the 45 progressively worse rewrites of the script—was a natural choice to take a steaming dump on the popular ThunderCats property.

"Michael Bay has this innate sense of how to ruin a great story," Variety reporter Todd Brick said. "His ability to create astonishing plot holes, pepper dialogue with groan-inducing clichés, and abandon storylines halfway through is unparalleled. He was born to destroy this movie."

Though he admitted there was still "a lot of fucking up to do" before the script attains his trademark shit-slicked sheen, Bay has recruited hack writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to punch-up the screenplay with hollow characters and by-the-numbers jokes about kitty litter boxes and hair balls.

But all the time and effort, Bay claimed, is worth it to ensure that he fucks ThunderCats up as badly as he knows he can.

"Ever since I failed to ruin Scarlett Johansson's career with The Island, I've been looking for a challenge like this," Bay said. "Who knows? With Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and ThunderCats coming out in the same year, I may finally reach my goal of making all of America hate cinema forever."

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
\:lol\:

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
... isn't making them aliens kind of contrary to the title of the series?

Michael Bay Confirms TMNT Movie Is Called Simply Ninja Turtles: “Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple,” Bay wrote overnight on his website.

Heh. Now he's just fucking with the fans.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Michael Bay can just suck my fucking cock. By the time he and others are done raping my childhood, the only thing from then left unsullied is going to be fucking Silverhawks for Christ's fucking sake! Give 'em enough time and I'm sure M.A.S.K. and C.O.P.S. will be thoroughly ass raped by Hollywood. I'm a sad panda. \:\(

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Quote:
“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie,”

.......do these movies come with powerful hallucinogens, then?

Quote:
they are going to be tough, edgy, funny

Ah! The original black-and-white versions! Coo-

Quote:
and completely loveable

-.......................wh-.......what? \:-\[ \:\/

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Adorable Space Samurai Tortoises!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
This movie sounds like it's gonna be the Poochy of the franchise.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
There may just be a god, after all. The reboot has been put on indefinite hiatus.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
So they're re-writing the script, but Bleeding Cool points out it's apparently due to cost rather than quality. It might still be a turd, just a shittier looking one.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Still, I'd say this is a positive. Depending on the steepness of the cuts, Bay may back out of directing it. I'd like that. Further, continued delays can usually lead to a film project just being abandoned altogether. Lastly, the I'd rather they release a cheap turd that looks like a cheap turd rather than one that has been gussed up so as to look like it isn't a turd. Makes it easier to forget about it and move on. And, lessens the feeling that my childhood cartoons are being endlessly ass raped.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

hello whore
500+ posts
hello whore
500+ posts
Michael bay is my drippy arse sweat. fuck that cunty ponce.

I am the Rill Mac!
(formerly randal_flagg)
hello whore
500+ posts
hello whore
500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

Hahaha! You should post picturs all the time instead of bitchy political spermjunkie.

I am the Rill Mac!
(formerly randal_flagg)
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
....I think you left a few words out of your sentence or something...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
...and vowels...

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
He had a lost vowel movement!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I forgot to log in to my McGurk alt again.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
If Michael Bay has April O'Neil playing April O'Neil, I might watch it.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
I'd watch that too.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yeah! That turtle is hawt!!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk...-191747162.html
 Quote:
It looks like NT are back to being TMNT.

Producer Michael Bay caused quite the fan uproar last year when he revealed that his plans for the revamped "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" involved one rather extreme revisionist element: the "Mutant" part was going to be dropped in favor of giving the wisecracking, pizza-loving martial artists an extraterrestrial origin.

"These turtles are from an alien race," said Bay at the Nickelodeon Upfront conference in March 2012. "And they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

That second part is fine -- those adjectives have always applied to Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo and Donatello, even during their darkest adventures. But now they're aliens? Even if you're not a TMNT fan, you know such meddling in a beloved mythology makes for the kind of blasphemy that's punishable by death -- or at least a lot of angry comments in online forums.

Luckily, a little over a year later, Bay has realized that if it ain't broke, don't make it aliens.

"There was that quote saying that we're making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We're not," said Bay in a recent interview with Moviefone. "It's the ooze! It's from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic."

Anyone else out there highly amused by that fact that Michael Bay exclaimed "It's the ooze!," no matter the context?

The "Pain & Gain" director seems to be playing the game of "I take it back" a lot these days, as he recently claimed his much-publicized recent "apology" for his third feature film, "Armageddon," was misinterpreted and that he's actually very proud of his Bruce Willis vs. Giant Asteroid movie. Kowabunga, dude!

"Ninja Turtles," which may now be retitled "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (or at least "Mutant Ninja Turtles," as there's been no talk of whether the "Teenage" part still applies to this bold new vision), will use advanced performance capture technology along with the Ooze to bring the Turtles to life. The film is set to hit theaters on June 6, 2014.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Why exactly do you like Michael Bay so much?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
No sale, Scooter.

Link Copied to Clipboard