#1180500 2012-05-10 8:29 PM
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/p...aKGU_story.html

Quote:
Phoenix Catholic school forfeits baseball championship game because opponent has female player

PHOENIX — Instead of playing in a championship baseball game, Paige Sultzbach and her team won’t even make it to the dugout.

A Phoenix school that was scheduled to play the 15-year-old Mesa girl and her male teammates forfeited the game rather than face a female player.

Our Lady of Sorrows bowed out of Thursday night’s game against Mesa Preparatory Academy in the Arizona Charter Athletic Association championship. The game had been scheduled at Phoenix College.

Paige, who plays second base at Mesa Prep, had to sit out two previous games against Our Lady of Sorrows out of respect for its beliefs. But having her miss the championship was not an option for Mesa Prep.

Paige’s mother, Pamela Sultzbach, told The Arizona Republic, which first reported the story, the team found out about the forfeit Wednesday.

“This is not a contact sport, it shouldn’t be an issue,” Pamela Sultzbach said. “It wasn’t that they were afraid they were going to hurt or injure her, it’s that (they believe) a girl’s place is not on a field.”

Officials at Our Lady of Sorrows declined comment. In a written statement Thursday, the school said the decision to forfeit was consistent with a policy prohibiting co-ed sports.

The statement also said the school teaches boys respect by not placing girls in athletic competition, where “proper boundaries can only be respected with difficulty.”

Our Lady of Sorrows is run by the U.S. branch of the Society of Saint Pius X. The group represents conservative, traditional priests who broke from the Catholic Church in the 1980s.

In junior high, Paige played softball and volleyball. Because Mesa Prep does not have a girls softball team, she tried out for the boys baseball team and received support from her coach and her fellow teammates.

Lisa Maatz, director of public policy at the American Association of University Women, said the situation is a clear example of why Title IX law, which enforces gender equality in education programs including sports, is needed.

“The very idea that such stereotypes are so strong, they’d actually forfeit a game simply because a girl was on the field. That’s ridiculous,” Maatz said. “Does she have cooties?”

Nancy Hogshead-Makar, senior director of advocacy for the Women’s Sports Foundation, said the school’s decision to forfeit doesn’t aid its own students.

“In real life, these boys are going to be competing against the girls for jobs, for positions in graduate programs or in trade schools,” Hogshead-Makar said. “In every other area of their life, they are going to be competing side by side.”

Both schools play in the seven-team 1A division of the ACAA. Our Lady of Sorrows won the Western Division and Mesa Prep won the Eastern Division with an undefeated season.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
\:lol\:

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
“This is not a contact sport, it shouldn’t be an issue,” Pamela Sultzbach said. “It wasn’t that they were afraid they were going to hurt or injure her, it’s that (they believe) a girl’s place is not on a field.”

Presumptuous as fuck, she is.

Sorry that your daughter's team's victory was tainted by a forfeit. Not sure why that should mean you have to be a bitter cunt about it though.

I mean, seriously, does she honestly believe that Catholic schools don't have female sports teams?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Wow. You make absolutely no sense. In a rush to validate your personal religious beliefs and bias, you simply skip the part where you're able to explain WHY they forfeited the game without being sexist dinosaurs. Wanna enlighten the heathens to your superior perspective? \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Meanwhile, the Catholic Church is about a worthy institution as the Klu-Klux Klan or Al Qaeda. I would put forth that, historically, the actions and "rules" of the Catholic Church have done far worse harm to humanity than a group of middle eastern terrorists. But, I'm sure "Mary" will forgive them.

So, I guess what I want to really say is: fuck the Catholic Church. They're evil. They're exactly what's wrong with this world. Any actual Christians in the world that follow or believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ should surely distance themselves from this antiquated regime of self-loathing.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Where did I mention any personal religious beliefs?

The policy of the Catholic school is anti-co-ed sports. The mother's perception was simply that girls aren't allowed to play sports under the Catholic banner at all...which is total bullshit.

Then Maatz goes on to suggest that sports should be regulated (as if we don't have enough of that) and that the boys think girls have "cooties."

They're both total cunts.

It's a personal policy and belief system that the school keeps. You're welcome to disagree with it, but that doesn't mean it warrants insult.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
The policy of the Catholic school is anti-co-ed sports.

Then they shouldn't be playing teams that allow it. It's insulting to women who DO play co-ed sports. It's obviously going to cause a problem sooner or later. Thus, the Catholic School brings the conflict with them.

Quote:
You're welcome to disagree with it, but that doesn't mean it warrants insult.

Yes it does. Just as any segregation in modern society deserves to be derided for backwards thinking. No reason we should hold their hands any more than we should any other group. It's the 21st century. Time for the Catholic Church to grow up and join the rest of the world or expect eventual extinction as they slide further and further into willful ignorance...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
fuck the Catholic Church. They're evil. They're exactly what's wrong with this world. Any actual Christians in the world that follow or believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ should surely distance themselves from this antiquated regime of self-loathing.

im okay with this

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Then they shouldn't be playing teams that allow it.

From what the article says, it sounds like a female being on the team was an irregularity for that school. She wasn't "allowed" so much as she was given special permission. You can't blame the Catholic school for the other school's inconsistency.

Quote:
It's insulting to women who DO play co-ed sports.

No, it's not. You're just reactionary--probably because you're desperate to find something that gives you an opportunity to whine about Catholics.

Quote:
Yes it does. Just as any segregation in modern society deserves to be derided for backwards thinking.

HAHA!

So you feel that the capacity for physical exertion and endurance should be blind to the sex of the athletes...Not surprised you'd be so stupid.

I look forward to when you establish the National Intersex Boxing Association.

Last edited by Pariah; 2012-05-11 11:35 PM.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
From what the article says, it sounds like a female being on the team was an irregularity for that school. She wasn't "allowed" so much as she was given special permission. You can't blame the Catholic school for the other school's inconsistency.

Yes I can. It's the Catholic School that's being intolerant in this case. It's their own backwards beliefs that's causing the conflict. The other team was perfectly willing to play. And had, in fact, even bowed to the sexist needs of the church school on previous occasions (as the article stated). Thus, the Catholics are at fault.

Quote:
 Quote:
It's insulting to women who DO play co-ed sports.

No, it's not.

Yes. It is. I can excuse you not realizing that since you probably spend no time around any.

Quote:
You're just reactionary--probably because you're desperate to find something that gives you an opportunity to whine about Catholics.

And you're simply scrambling to make excuses for your nazi-sympathizing holy vatican. I mean, it's the fucking Catholic Church. How "desperate" does ANYone have to be to find fault with such a legitimately corrupt, evil organization?

Quote:
 Quote:
Just as any segregation in modern society deserves to be derided for backwards thinking.

HAHA!

So you feel that the capacity for physical exertion and endurance should be blind to the sex of the athletes...Not surprised you'd be so stupid.

So, you feel a woman's place is in the kitchen? Away from conflict? Away from battlefields? Interesting. No, wait. It's not. You're a Christian Neocon. Sexism, bigotry, and racism is par-the-course for you guys.

Quote:
I look forward to when you establish the National Intersex Boxing Association.

I'd say there's a couple thousand women around the world...in and out of the armed forces...that would take issue with your 1950's mentality. Physically.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes I can. It's the Catholic School that's being intolerant in this case.

Intolerance is it? That's a shift from your more even-handed attempt: "Then they shouldn't be playing teams that allow it."

Quote:
Yes. It is. I can excuse you not realizing that since you probably spend no time around any.

Young bald leftist pothead. Until you have to put up with female drill sergeants, you are not one to be lecturing me on such matters.

Females are the more likely party to complain if every policy embraced co-ed sports expressly. And they'd be in the right for doing so since the weight-classes would be so skewed.

Quote:
And you're simply scrambling to make excuses for your nazi-sympathizing holy vatican.

Uh-huh. And your lord god FDR shook hands with Stalin even after he knew he was a dick. Nice attempt at a Pope Pius reference though.

Quote:
So, you feel a woman's place is in the kitchen?

"The mother's perception was simply that girls aren't allowed to play sports under the Catholic banner at all...which is total bullshit."

You're probably going out of your way to be fallow. For what reason I'm not sure; the Catholic church hardly has a monopoly on the idea of sexual segregation in sports.

Quote:
Away from battlefields?

I wouldn't mind women passing the green line to offer support, but females in the infantry is simply unwise. Support makes sense, but not close combat.

Quote:
I'd say there's a couple thousand women around the world...in and out of the armed forces...that would take issue with your 1950's mentality. Physically.

And I'd say that females would probably be the most pissed off by a co-ed standard and that you're rather ignorant towards that reality...and reality in general.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yes I can. It's the Catholic School that's being intolerant in this case.

Intolerance is it?

Yes, obviously. That's the point of the article. The Catholic's intolerance to female equality in sports.

Quote:
 Quote:

Young bald leftist pothead.

Th-...thank you?

Quote:
Until you have to put up with female drill sergeants, you are not one to be lecturing me on such matters.

No thanks! I have a wife. Worse. ;\) \:lol\:

Quote:
Females are the more likely party to complain if every policy embraced co-ed sports expressly.

That's an irrational, absurd assumption. I've never heard any female complain about equality to men in any arena.

Quote:
And they'd be in the right for doing so since the weight-classes would be so skewed.

That has nothing to do with the point of the article. It's a non-contact sport. Weight has no bearing.

Quote:
 Quote:
And you're simply scrambling to make excuses for your nazi-sympathizing holy vatican.

Uh-huh. And your lord god FDR shook hands with Stalin even after he knew he was a dick. Nice attempt at a Pope Pius reference though.

....my....lord god....FDR? When have I...ever...brought up FDR for any reason? What a random segue. Is that the "official" Catholic response? Any time someone reminds you of their past allegiance with the Nazi Party, you have to make some quote about...FDR?

Quote:
The Catholic church hardly has a monopoly on the idea of sexual segregation in sports.

Which is beside the point of what we're talking about. I'm sure there's plenty of other misogynous groups out there. We're talking about the "Original Sin", though. The Catholic Church. Stay on point, please.

Quote:
 Quote:
Away from battlefields?

I wouldn't mind women passing the green line to offer support, but females in the infantry is simply unwise. Support makes sense, but not close combat.

\:lol\: Worried a woman might show the big, strong man up? What year were you born in, again? G-Man? Is that you?

Quote:
And I'd say that females would probably be the most pissed off by a co-ed standard

And that seems to be based on some fantasy you've convinced yourself of. Which Pope told you women prefer to be humble and subservient to men? I promise you, P...they were lying. Women want to be equal. Women's Rights Movement. Look it up.

Quote:
and that you're rather ignorant towards that reality...and reality in general.

\:lol\: Don't cry. You can't win them all, man.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Catholic's intolerance

That's a shift from your more even-handed attempt: "Then they shouldn't be playing teams that allow it."

You've gone out of your way to confuse tolerance for acceptance. Pretty hilarious.

Quote:
No thanks! I have a wife. Worse. ;\) \:lol\:

Negative.

Quote:
I've never heard any female complain about equality to men in any arena.

Duel standards is not considered to be a point of inequality, but rather an acknowledgement of generally innate physiological differences. Nice attempt at a strawman though.

In which case, the fact that you haven't heard of complaints with regards to ignoring a dual standard only speaks towards your own ignorance on the matter.

Runners Furious Over Caster Semenya's Return

• Though she's only been training seriously for a month, Caster Semenya sailed to victory in the 800m yesterday in Berlin, prompting resentment among her female competitors. "Even if she is a female, she's on the very fringe of the normal athlete female biological composition from what I understand of hormone testing," said Canadian Diane Cummins, who finished eighth. "So, from that perspective, most of us just feel that we are literally running against a man."

Allow me to reiterate my point with another example: If duel standards in the army were eliminated, females would be royally pissed as a great deal of them would either fail to achieve the scores that are expected of males or simply feel incensed that their standards for passing would be significantly lower.

Quote:
That has nothing to do with the point of the article. It's a non-contact sport. Weight has no bearing.

What do you think it takes to propel a base-ball? Hopes and dreams? It's not just about using the power from your hips. Muscle is a factor. The difference in weight classes would create an unbalanced ratio of distances thrown/batted. This isn't even mentioning sprints.

Quote:
....my....lord god....FDR?

Yes.

Quote:
Which is beside the point of what we're talking about.

You previously made the claim that it's the Catholic organization that's stuck in the past. By and large however, co-ed sports are not a standard.

Quote:
\:lol\: Worried a woman might show the big, strong man up? What year were you born in, again? G-Man? Is that you?

So for the record: you honestly believe that female scores on Physical Fitness tests would average out with males'--or even exceed male averages. Interesting.

Pathetic. But interesting.

Quote:
And that seems to be based on some fantasy you've convinced yourself of.

I probably know more female athletes than you ever will. They would be pissed.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Pariah, I'm not going to continue back-and-forthing with you. All you keep doing is simply saying "Uh-uh!! I'm right and you're wrong!" The entire world is proof that you're grasping at straws to save INTERNET-FACE. Why are you so stubborn when there's no ground to stand on?

FACTS:

1) The Catholic School...who was already "honored and respected" by the other school when they made the females sit previous games out. When the Championship rolled around and the female athletes deserved to play (because women have just as many rights as men, contrary to your misogynistic beliefs) the Church acted like a pussy, took their ball and went home. They refused to play the game because they're either terrified of a women showing superiority, or they're simply sexist apes from the 1920's. Either way, they're wrong. At fault. Plain and simple.

2) I'm older than you. So, just due to the laws of averages, I've had more experience with all types of women than you have. Come back when you're almost 40 and married and then speak as if you have a leg to stand on.

It's this type of thinking of yours that baffles me. I've never encountered people like you so insistent on being the expert in topics they have no real experience in dealing with. You just speak as if you have some type of imaginary moral or intellectual expertise on the subject, even though all facts presented say otherwise. Is this why Republican Extremist demand to control a woman's right to choose? Why they insist on making laws dealing with the female body and birth control? The sexist apes and religious zealots still trying to bang their sticks against the cave walls. Throwing a childlike tantrum when they can't control others.

The Catholic School fucked up. You're only blindly trying to find some defense because you've been programmed to do so. Speaking of pathetic...

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
At least they aren't covering up for more of their child raping priests...I'm seeing some real progress here.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Pariah, I'm not going to continue back-and-forthing with you.

No surprise. If you did, you'd be forced to acknowledge that females have in fact complained about competing against males in sports and that weight classes effect the outcome of the game regardless of whether or not its contact-based.

Quote:
All you keep doing is simply saying "Uh-uh!! I'm right and you're wrong!"

I'm sure JLA agrees with you.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
No surprise. If you did, you'd be forced to acknowledge that females have in fact complained about competing against males in sports and that weight classes effect the outcome of the game regardless of whether or not its contact-based.

HA! HA! HA! \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Yeah. You keep telling yourself that, ape. Your 1960's mentality is going to catch-up with you, and one of those "weak wimmen" (as you perceive them) is going to hurt you. Good luck!

I love old-fashioned Neocon primates. Always scrambling to excuse their ignorance, their insecurity, and their hate. "Women hate being treated equal!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
FACTS:

1) The Catholic School...who was already "honored and respected" by the other school when they made the females sit previous games out. When the Championship rolled around and the female athletes deserved to play (because women have just as many rights as men, contrary to your misogynistic beliefs) the Church acted like a pussy, took their ball and went home. They refused to play the game because they're either terrified of a women showing superiority, or they're simply sexist apes from the 1920's. Either way, they're wrong. At fault. Plain and simple.

2) I'm older than you. So, just due to the laws of averages, I've had more experience with all types of women than you have. Come back when you're almost 40 and married and then speak as if you have a leg to stand on.

It's this type of thinking of yours that baffles me. I've never encountered people like you so insistent on being the expert in topics they have no real experience in dealing with. You just speak as if you have some type of imaginary moral or intellectual expertise on the subject, even though all facts presented say otherwise. Is this why Republican Extremist demand to control a woman's right to choose? Why they insist on making laws dealing with the female body and birth control? The sexist apes and religious zealots still trying to bang their sticks against the cave walls. Throwing a childlike tantrum when they can't control others.

The Catholic School fucked up. You're only blindly trying to find some defense because you've been programmed to do so. Speaking of pathetic...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I am taking the ball and going home!

Roger.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
What's our vector, Victor?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

HA! HA! HA! \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Yeah. You keep telling yourself that, ape. Your 1960's mentality is going to catch-up with you, and one of those "weak wimmen" (as you perceive them) is going to hurt you. Good luck!

I love old-fashioned Neocon primates. Always scrambling to excuse their ignorance, their insecurity, and their hate. "Women hate being treated equal!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
FACTS:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
You know Pariah is scrambling when all he can say is "Roger". I wonder if he's figured out that none of us truly believe he's in the military?

Link Copied to Clipboard