15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
The guy was blown away when Lindelof said the whole show didn't take place in the "afterlife" and really happened, but that was pretty obvious (and we talked about it here). What was really disappointing was that there was important stuff they didn't even bring up again, let alone explain. Like, I would've been cool with Walt showing up in the finale and doing something crazy with his powers, just to acknowledge that they introduced that plot.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
It just kept going on and on and on. They could have condensed most of what they had to say into an 8 to 10 minute block, but they kept throwing up all over themselves trying to figure out how they wanted to phrase their responses to each other.

Irritating fuckers.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
It just kept going on and on and on. They could have condensed most of what they had to say into an 8 to 10 minute block, but they kept throwing up all over themselves trying to figure out how they wanted to phrase their responses to each other.

Irritating fuckers.

I always expect such pleasant and intellectual reactions from you. Excellent perception on the content and subject matter. You really nailed down the point of the video: To judge the interview process. Good job. Kid. \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
The guy was blown away when Lindelof said the whole show didn't take place in the "afterlife" and really happened, but that was pretty obvious (and we talked about it here). What was really disappointing was that there was important stuff they didn't even bring up again, let alone explain. Like, I would've been cool with Walt showing up in the finale and doing something crazy with his powers, just to acknowledge that they introduced that plot.

Agreed. Walt shows up in an extra scene on the DVD. Ben and Hurley go get him from an asylum, to take him to the island. They should have shown that when it aired, though.

I agree that the interviewer obviously hadn't done his homework. He was shaken when his auto-assumption of the entire show being in the afterlife was proven completely incorrect. Amateur mistake, assumptions, when you're an interviewer. Still, that was the most honest interview I've seen about LOST. I like he never tried to "blame" anyone for anything he perceived as a mistake. Stuck to his guns as that was the show he wanted to make. Nice.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
I never understood how Hurley's numbers ended up on the hatch. Someone explain that,please.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
A wizzzard!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Still gleefully happy that I didn't start to watch it.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
The guy was blown away when Lindelof said the whole show didn't take place in the "afterlife" and really happened, but that was pretty obvious (and we talked about it here).

its amazing to me how many people did not get that. there are still so many i discuss the show with on occasion that feel ripped off "they ended up being dead the whole time". i thought it was pretty clear that wasn't so, with jack's dad pretty much stating it. but i guess that detail wasn't as clearly defined as it should/could have been.

What was really disappointing was that there was important stuff they didn't even bring up again, let alone explain. Like, I would've been cool with Walt showing up in the finale and doing something crazy with his powers, just to acknowledge that they introduced that plot.

for every bit of emotion found in the finale, the 10 minute extra on the DVD/blu-ray was that level of factual spew. it was just a rapid-fire QA session. walt isn't crazy. hurley is the boss. the food came from teams. talking birds happened. etc. it was basically a "oh, shit. um... just read the results" type response from the lost folk, cramming in as many unanswered questions as they could, and trying to wrap a plot around it.

i'm still fine with how the show ended and the story that it told, but i did appreciate the extra info the bonus scene provided.

Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
I never understood how Hurley's numbers ended up on the hatch. Someone explain that,please.

my understanding is the numbers were placed on the hatch, first, in the 70s. then, after the space-bomb went off, the guy in the hatch used those numbers as the code to contain the asplosions. then that drove that guy crazy, and he left the island, possibly through the portal. obsessed with the numbers, his crazy rubbed off on another guy's crazy, who brought the number mantra to a crazy house. that's where hurley heard them in the early 2000s. then hurley goes to the island in 2004, sees the numbers, hits 2007, travels back in time to 1970, and sees the beginning of this paragraph.

what that does not explain is why the numbers are magical, and how they related to jacob and the main stars of the show.

giant picture
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
"It was um...it was full of bees."

"I would have thought C's, actually."

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

Yes please!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!

Link Copied to Clipboard