Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/14/...w-it/?hpt=hp_t3

Quote:

Apparently what happens in Vegas stays there ... until your lawyer finds out about it.

Such is the lesson Janeane Garofalo and writer/producer Rob Kamphausen reportedly learned when they discovered they'd been married for the past 20 years, and just didn't know it.

According to the New York Post's Page Six, Garofalo recently recounted the scenario during the "Ben Stiller Show" reunion at the New York Comedy Festival. The 44-year-old comedic actress said that she married Kamphausen, a former writer for the "Ben Stiller Show," in Vegas as a joke, not realizing that the marriage was the real deal.

"Rob and I got married, for real, which we had to have a notary dissolve not 30 minutes before we got here tonight,” Garofalo said Saturday. “We were married for 20 years until this evening.”

It all began the way most things happen in Vegas (or so we hear): with plenty of drinks.

"We got married drunk .... We dated for a year, and we got married at a drive-through chapel in a cab," she recalled. "[We thought] you have to go to the downtown courthouse and sign papers and stuff, so who knew? We were married, and apparently now that [Rob] is getting married for real, his lawyer dug up something."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You would think Rob would have mentioned he was married to someone famous.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
this story is impossible. Rob is gay

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
although Janeane Garofalo probably could pass as a man...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Frankly, it doesn't surprise me she was unaware of her 20-year marriage....half the time she can barely even figure out what planet she's on. \:lol\:

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
I've disliked Janeane Garofalo since her stand up days.

Practically reading her jokes off her stupid notebook.

I try to dislike most "alternative" comics.

If you are only big at comic cons you are not a good comedian.

It's kind of pretentious too. Its as if you think most people just aren't smart enough to understand that you are funny.

Link Copied to Clipboard