Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I just watched the History Channel's History of Mankind. I didn't know Rome was the first superpower, both in terms of economic and military strength.

...and Rome, much like America is right now, has made a lot of enemies that invaded their country both directly and indirectly. Rome was burned in the end because they spread themselves out too thin, and then there were dinosaurs and shit. And aliens from outerspace, and a guy with really stupid hair and mustache saying "I think YES!!" all the time like an idiot.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
SoM,you freedom hating evil little dicktator,there was no guy with really stupid hair and mustache. the rest of your comment is accurate.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Photographic proof:

25+ posts
25+ posts
Would you like to take a survey?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Photographic proof:

No one knows the answer, therefore aliens must have done it.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Photographic proof:

was this taken by a ninja turtle?

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Obviously.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Yes.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Photographic proof:

The Ancient Aliens guy!

I've often thought this guy has televangelist hair.

Ancient Aliens, American Pickers, Swamp Men, Ice Road Truckers, various conspiracy theory shows, Nostradamus and Ancient prophecy shows, all demonstrate that there is very little actual history on the History Channel. They have a H-2 channel (that costs extra) that has a higher ratio of shows dealing with actual history.

I'm amazed you found one of the few shows on History Channel that actually provides factual material (vs. pure speculation and conspiracy).
Rome had several problems that parallel the modern U.S. and broader West:
  • Huge public debt.
    Declining birthrates, acoompanied by a surge of births among their hostile neighbors.
    Borders undefended, and a culture undefended, over-run by massive immigration from their former colonies.

The saddest part for me about those who lived in the Dark Age territories of the former Roman empire is they would see these crumbling aqueduct systems and Coliseums and roads and other engineering wonders, and not know how they worked. Knew that they were living in a world vastly declined from that of the Romans that preceded them.

And went through over a thousand years of bloody occupations and plagues before the European enlightenment brought them out of those brutal times.

All the people in the world who demonize the United States as imperialist, interventionist and what-not, will have a vastly different attitude when they have to face the Russians, Chinese and an expanding jihadist Muslim world without us.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Hey, Battles BC is based on pure factual history. Key battles in ancient history really occurred in slow motion, and had heavy metal music in the background.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Ancient Rome was a place where every man had a new chariot in the driveway and a fresh whore every night. Not such a bad way to live.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!

Link Copied to Clipboard