Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/us/new-york-mad-cookie-monster/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:

NYPD: For this 'Cookie Monster,' it was 'Me want money!'

(CNN) -- C is for "Cookie," or is it "Cash"?

A man dressed as the TV character Cookie Monster allegedly shoved a 2-year-old after the child's parents refused the man's demand for $2 for posing for a photo, New York police say.

The child was not physically injured during the incident, according to police.

Detective Kelly Ort told CNN that 33-year-old Osvaldo Quiroz-Lopez of Queens was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment and acting in a manner injurious to a minor after the incident Sunday in Times Square.

Quiroz-Lopez was dressed as the Cookie Monster character to make money by posing for photos with passersby, according to police, who added that there was no connection between the man and the TV series "Sesame Street," which counts Cookie Monster among its characters.

Quiroz-Lopez was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday and held with bail set at $1,000 cash, according to the Manhattan district attorney's office. His next court date is scheduled for May 1.

Attempts to reach Lopez and his attorney, Beth Unger from the Legal Aid Society, were unsuccessful.

I'm sure it was all those cookies that made him aggressive.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
not the wordiest of the wordy
200+ posts
not the wordiest of the wordy
200+ posts
bulimia

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
The kid's just lucky it wasn't Elmo. He'd have tried to take $2.00 and the boy's virginity.

Link Copied to Clipboard