Print Thread
#1199714 2013-07-04 12:22 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Nugent’s 2016 slogan: ‘I have 9 children from 7 women, and I’m running for president’
By David Edwards
Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:51 EDTTopics: Jeff Nugent ♦ Ted Nugent

Like Raw Story on Facebook
• 180•••••

Conservative rocker Ted Nugent says he’s considering running in 2016 and already has a campaign pitch: “Hi, I’m Ted Nugent. I have nine children from seven women, and I’m running for president.”

In a Washington Post Magazine story published this week, Nugent told Steve Hendrix that he was “thinking about it.”

Nugent’s wife of 24 years, Shemane, explained that he had talked about running before, “but this time he seems more serious. People are constantly asking him to run.”

In the 1980s and the mid-2000s, 66-year-old brother brother Jeff Nugent helped him do polling for a possible run for Michigan governor. At one point, New Mexico Republicans also attempted to draft him to run for governor of their state.

In the end, Nugent said that campaigning and governing would disrupt his hunting plans.

“I said, ‘Ted, I can help get you elected governor of Michigan,’” Jeff recalled. “‘You wouldn’t have to wear Brooks Brothers, but you would have to be fucking governor.’”

But things are different now. Nugent said that more Republicans than ever are asking him to run.

“Things are just so wrong in the country now,” the Motor City Madman observed. “And I know that my answers would make things wonderful, unless you just refuse to produce, and then I’d recommend that you move to Canada. Or Illinois.”

RAW

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I like Ted Nugent, he's a fun gadfly to have out there, but I don't really consider him a serious candidate. That's Jesse Ventura territory.

But who knows? For Nugent, or Jesse Jackson, or Clint Eastwood, or Herman Cain, or Donald Trump, the true test is if they make a serious run for office, and then can prove they can govern. And most of them would rather posture than do that.

Arnold Scharzenegger was willing to go the distance, and unfortunately came up short as an actual governor. Too bad, if he'd done a better job, it would have been fun to have a Terminator for president.

Picture Ted Nugent busting into "Cat Scratch Fever" at a League of Women Voters presidential fundraiser!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Arnold Scharzenegger was willing to go the distance, and unfortunately came up short as and actual governor. Too bad, ifhe'd done a better job, it would have been fun to have a Terminator for president.

Except for the fact that he was ineligible to be president because he is not a natural born citizen of United States

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Was he born in Kenya?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Now that you mention it, I have never seen his birth certificate.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That would explain this penchant for loincloths back in the day.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Quote:
Arnold Scharzenegger was willing to go the distance, and unfortunately came up short as an actual governor. Too bad, ifhe'd done a better job, it would have been fun to have a Terminator for president.

Except for the fact that he was ineligible to be president because he is not a natural born citizen of United States

I was aware of that as I wrote the words, just making conversation. Schwarzenegger was born in Austria, and therefore does not meet the requirement to be president, of being born a U.S. citizen. Back when Scharzenegger was first elected and still popular, there was some talk of possibly amending that U.S.-born requirement. But it's clear at theis time that Schwarzenegger could not be elected governor or dog catcher, let alone president, with his record.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Was he born in Kenya?

As much as I'm accused here of being a "birther", I never have been.
I don't see how Obama could possibly have been born in Kenya. His parents met, married and gave birth to Barack Obama Jr in Hawaii, in 1961. I don't see any evidence that the couple ever traveled to Obama Sr's native Kenya, let alone brought a pregnant Stanley Ann Dunham-Obama there to give birth to the Annointed One.

Just Sayin'.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Although it does give ammunition to the Birthers when Obama's own family is quoted on video saying our president was born in Kenya.

But again, I just don't see how that is physically possible. Perhaps the translation fails to preserve a more symbolic context that he is regarded as a son of Kenya, despite that he was born in Hawaii.
As written announcement in two Hawaii newspapers at the time of his birth also corroborates.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I'm so glad I have you, Wondy. You're the only one who takes what I say seriously. The rest just ignore me.

Never change, Wondy. Never change.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Always a pleasure, SoM.

I didn't think you were serious mentioning Kenya. But since the Kenya issue was raised, I took the opportunity to expand on it with my humble 2 cents of opinion.

I don't think anyone here ignores your posts, SoM. I often enjoy your one-liner plays on words. I think everyone here does. Speaking for myself, when I read something clever or well said, if I can't improve on it, I don't diminish it by trying, and just let it stand alone.

So when we ignore you, we're actually giving you the highest compliment!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I would like to thank Mxy for this award. Without him, none of this would have been possible.

Link Copied to Clipboard