Next Thread
Print Thread
#1205644 2013-11-24 1:03 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Yeah, I gots this. Been loving the hell out of it. Day One patch didn't take long. People were complaining online about a bit of a wait, but that was probably because everyone was doing it at once. I didn't start this shit until after I got home from work. Took longer to download all the extra apps I use (Netflix, Vudu, etc.). There is a load time to the apps, but once loaded the switching back and forth is instantaneous. I'll still need my 360 for the Comcast Xfinity app and Media Center. I could stream movies from my PC on the One just like the 360 if I had Windows 8. I don't and most likely won't for a while yet. Until then I'll keep using the Media Center app on the 360 to watch my torrented Doctor Who.

Kinect is fun to use. Sometimes it doesn't work 100%, but it's still pretty quick. I spent a lot of time getting pissed off because it wouldn't respond correctly. Yelling XBox Netflix got a bunch of responses that it couldn't do an act I didn't ask for. Then, I realized that you don't need to preface all commands with 'XBox'. So... just saying 'Netflix' opens Netflix. After that the voice recognition works a good 85-90% of the time. The hand gestures are a bit more wonky. For those of you wondering why I got an XBox One with Kinect, it's because I don't think that the NSA has near enough footage of me in my underwear. This seemed like the most efficient way to remedy that since they've obviously been ignoring my direct emails to them.

I wanted Watch Dogs as my launch game, but a week after I pre-ordered it Ubisoft pushed it back to June '14. Ryse looked like a button masher that would get played out after a few hours. Dead Rising was a fun game, but 2 couldn't keep my interest because the concept was played out and 3 doesn't look any better. I'm not a FPS fan (I'll play them if there's another hook like with Fallout), so Ghosts and Battlefield 4 were out. The Assassin's Creed series is one that I like a lot of the extras that's been added in subsequent games, but the fact of the matter is that at it's core, it's a stealth game with parkour as it's heart that has a running and climbing mechanic that fucking sucks. I used to like racing games and bought Forza thinking that it would be a time waster until things like Quantum Break, Watch Dogs, and Destiny come out. Fuck me I love this game. Drivatars are awesome. Even when just playing by yourself ( ) at home, you're still playing against other Forza 5 owners. It makes it a different race than just playing the game AI. They are just as happy to use me as a buffer to keep from sliding off the track during turns as I am them.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I'm still looking forward to what this bastard will do in the future.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #1205646 2013-11-24 2:09 AM
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I didn't read any of that mess.

Did 2k make the new WWE game for the Xbone?

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
MisterJLA #1205647 2013-11-24 2:22 AM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I feel like I want to quote doc's review for in-store promotional stuff but there's just too much corporate wouldn't let me quote. and that's the stuff I most want to quote in the first place. balls.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
I feel like I want to quote doc's review for in-store promotional stuff but there's just too much corporate wouldn't let me quote. and that's the stuff I most want to quote in the first place. balls.

It's 2013. I get the impression corporate will be fine with quoting some homo-erotica to appeal to that demographic.

MisterJLA #1205651 2013-11-24 3:41 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
EA must be in charge of JLA's posts. They're the same jokes over and over again with the only change being the dates on them.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #1205652 2013-11-24 3:43 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
By the way, these posts were sent through my XBox One.

thedoctor #1205653 2013-11-24 4:50 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
EA must be in charge of JLA's posts. They're the same jokes over and over again with the only change being the dates on them.

"Jokes"...?

Link Copied to Clipboard