#1206245 2013-12-16 2:04 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news...-190049803.html
 Quote:
The honorary Oscar winner passed away at age 81 after a long illness on Saturday at the Wellington Hospital in London, his agent Steve Kenis reports.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Bye,Peter.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
My condolences to the Arabia family.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Damnit, I hope someone follows through on this for him cuz it just makes him that much cooler.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/otoole-wants-cleaners-note-on-his-tombstone_1018969
 Quote:
15 January 2007

Movie veteran PETER O'TOOLE has decided on the message he'd like hammered on his tombstone - it's inspired by a note from his dry cleaner that once made him chuckle. The 74-year-old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA star recalls getting the missive about a battered, well-worn leather jacket - and has always thought it would make the perfect testimonial. He says, "Many years ago I had a beloved leather jacket... and I never wanted to throw it away. "I sent it to the cleaners because it was covered in blood and Guinness and scotch and Corn Flakes, the usual. "It went off to the Sycamore Cleaners and it came back with a thing pinned on it: 'It distresses us to return work which is not perfect' - so I want that on my tombstone."

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
O'Toole was one of the best.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Damnit, I hope someone follows through on this for him cuz it just makes him that much cooler.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/otoole-wants-cleaners-note-on-his-tombstone_1018969
 Quote:
15 January 2007

Movie veteran PETER O'TOOLE has decided on the message he'd like hammered on his tombstone - it's inspired by a note from his dry cleaner that once made him chuckle. The 74-year-old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA star recalls getting the missive about a battered, well-worn leather jacket - and has always thought it would make the perfect testimonial. He says, "Many years ago I had a beloved leather jacket... and I never wanted to throw it away. "I sent it to the cleaners because it was covered in blood and Guinness and scotch and Corn Flakes, the usual. "It went off to the Sycamore Cleaners and it came back with a thing pinned on it: 'It distresses us to return work which is not perfect' - so I want that on my tombstone."

Very good.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Link Copied to Clipboard