Print Thread
old one eye
2500+ posts
OP Offline
old one eye
2500+ posts

http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/W...-239748681.html

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House has responded to a petition calling for an apology and the removal of Jimmy Kimmel's television show by saying the comedian can't be forced off the air.

More than 105,000 people signed the petition on the White House website. It followed an October broadcast of ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" featuring a segment in which Kimmel spoke to young children about U.S. government debt owed to China.

One boy said "kill everyone in China" when Kimmel asked how the U.S. should repay the Asian power.

In its response, the White House noted that ABC and Kimmel have apologized, and that the network has removed the segment from future broadcasts and its online platforms.

The White House also noted that the Constitution protects free speech, even when it's offensive.

How you doin'?
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
I'm sure the "Kill everyone in China." idea was floated out there at a cabinet meeting way before Kimmel filmed his bit.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
I'm sure the "Kill everyone in China." idea was floated out there at a cabinet meeting way before Kimmel filmed his bit.

Yeah, probably at least as far back as 1951.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
The fact that people are asking for this on a government website has led me to believe that our future is fucked by a generation that has come to ask the government for everything.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Quote:
In its response, the White House noted that ABC and Kimmel have apologized, and that the network has removed the segment from future broadcasts and its online platforms.

As compared with Martin Bashir's comments about Sarah Palin, wanting people to defecate in her mouth, that even after Bashir's apology and resignation, MSNBC still left on their site to promote their brand.

Probably other examples, but that's one I can think of offhand.

I also recall Obama being more upset about a dead abortion doctor than a murdered ROTC recruiter. Our military Obama does not defend, but he makes authoritarian grabs against free speech when a joke is made about the Chinese, who as I devoted a topic to, view the U.S. as its primary enemy.
Irony.

Link Copied to Clipboard