Next Thread
Print Thread
#1214203 2014-09-21 2:09 AM
old one eye
2500+ posts
OP Offline
old one eye
2500+ posts

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-deadpool-movie-is-back-on-track-and-may-star-ryan-97894351417.html

Quote:
Deadpool — a mercenary superhero with a huge following among comic-book fans — is finally getting his own movie. Marvel Comics and 20th Century Fox just announced that the project is an official ‘go,’ and set a release date of Feb. 16, 2016. Also known (in his non-masked identity) as Wade Wilson, the wisecracking but amoral hero-for-hire was played by Ryan Reynolds in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine (above) — and the actor is reportedly in talks to reprise the role in this project. Internet chatter about Reynolds' possible involvement spiked dramatically after two-year-old test footage (below) of Reynolds as the katana-wielding masked mercenary was released by a Hollywood F/X company in late July. In a recent interview with the Niagara Falls Review, Reynolds seemed gratified by the renewed interest in the long-gestating movie: “It’s neat that Twitter and Facebook and Instagram can move mountains when used in the right way”

Should Reynolds officially land the role of Deadpool, it will be an opportunity for him to make amends for the disaster that was 2011’s Green Lantern. The big-screen adaptation of the popular DC character — the first in an intended franchise — was met with largely negative reviews, in part because Reynolds’ portrayal favored quips over heroics. The underwhelming response from both critics and fans is said to have lead to a mandate from studio execs that future DC movies take a more somber, even joke-free tone. But in Deadpool, Reynolds may find a superhero more in sync with his off-kilter charms — there are plenty of suggestions that the character is mentally unstable, and writers often have him breaking the “fourth wall” and directly addressing readers (a trait that Reynolds himself said might be brought to the big-screen).

The still-untitled Deadpool movie will be directed by visual-effects Tim Miller; this will be his first feature film. In announcing the movie, the studio also said they will be shifting the release dates of two other films: the Fantastic Four reboot will move from July 15, 2015 to August 7; and the movie version of the video game Assassin’s Creed, originally set for 2015, will be pushed back a year.

How you doin'?
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Also confirmed: It's planned to be PG-13.
I'll reserve judgement for now but I'm a little disappointed.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
PG13 is a terrible move for Deadpool if that turns out to be true. I understand the reasoning for it (potentially higher box office returns) but watering down a character seldom works out and Deadpool is definitely an R rated character. I'm stoked that Reynolds is up for the role since I think his style works well for the character and his portrayal in the first minutes of W:O and the test footage was dead on.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Aren't the comic books themselves basically PG13 for the most part?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
The main difference between PG-13 and R these days is blood. Wolverine has been impaling people left and right with his claws. Because they aren't bloody afterwards, he gets a PG-13. I really don't see this affecting the Deadpool movie detrimentally.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
The main difference between PG-13 and R these days is blood. Wolverine has been impaling people left and right with his claws. Because they aren't bloody afterwards, he gets a PG-13. I really don't see this affecting the Deadpool movie detrimentally.

Yeah, that and the F word is about it from what I understand (see, e.g., Live Free or Die Hard)

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
I think R is for when they show you a bare boob or some body part.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

Yeah, that and the F word is about it from what I understand (see, e.g., Live Free or Die Hard)

Generally, PG-13 gives you one 'fuck'. Wolverine's only line in First Class and Xavier's paraphrasing of it in Days of Future past had it.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Plus, considering the character, I'd expect him to even make a reference to the lack of blood for the PG-13 when he kills folks. I'd kind of be disappointed if he didn't.

Link Copied to Clipboard