Next Thread
Print Thread
#1216500 2015-01-15 12:31 PM
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
New trailer isn't as good as the first trailer, but who is the hot chick in the cave?

That's not a euphemism.

Rumours abound that Spider-man will get a cameo.

Hulk-busting Iron Man armour looks pretty cool.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I think the hot chick in the cave is scarlet witch. Or probably a character that they haven't revealed yet.

Hulkbuster indeed looks cool. It's always been my favorite variation of Tony's suits. (although was there ever a case where it actually managed to bust a hulk? It seems like every time Tony pulls it out it just gets banged up pretty hard. It should be the Hulkbustee armor.)

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Spider-Man rumours are pure bullshit. Earliest we would see him would be Civil War, but if it ever happens it is more than likely gonna be Infinity gauntlet.
I have not heard a single rumour about him being in age of ultron though to be fair.

There is at least one other female in the clip when they are trying to pick up Thors hammer, and nobody is exactly sure who she is supposed to be (looks Asian).

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Spider-Man appearing in any DizMarv movie at all any time within the next ten years is probably bullshit. I don't see corporate egos bending on this one.

The extra female in the hammer scene is said to be one of Stark's techs that helped him design the Ultron program. That could be a ruse, though. I was shamelessly hoping for someone as random as Echo. Of course, it won't be.

And yeah, so far none of the AoU trailers are moving me. I imagine that's because they keep showing us the same limited number of shots. Which is good we aren't getting the entire movie spoiled yet.

Of course, I've never really cared about Ultron either way. I also thought he looked more menacing with the always-open mouth versus the straight up normal "robot mouth" we see in the trailer. Of course, different upgrades will probably bring different things...

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Didn't we get all sorts of rumors last time that Spidey was going to have a cameo? I'm with ProMod, it probably ain't happening for at least 10 years

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
Spider-Man rumours are pure bullshit. Earliest we would see him would be Civil War, but if it ever happens it is more than likely gonna be Infinity gauntlet.
I have not heard a single rumour about him being in age of ultron though to be fair.

There is at least one other female in the clip when they are trying to pick up Thors hammer, and nobody is exactly sure who she is supposed to be (looks Asian).

Ultimate Wasp?

Spider-man rumours are coming from Latino News if that means anything.

Pimping my site, again.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Isn't the other girl on the hammer-lifting scene Mariah Hill? I forgot really.

If it's an asian actress, I wouldn't be surprised. Hollywood has been inserting locally-popular Chinese celebrities in their films for a while now, cuz that makes it easier to get their films shown in mainland (a booming market these past few years, iirc.) Transformers did it, X-men: Days of Future Past did it, the wolverine sequel did it, Iron Man 3 even filmed a part that was only included in the Chinese release. And DreamWorks even shuttered a studio in the west while building one in China.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Oh, is Blink famous in China? Didn't know.

Apparently Downey Jr is confirmed for Captain America: Civil War. Thought he was retiring from the role.

So I guess the Infinity Gauntlet movie will have the current line up plus GotG, plus Ant Man and Dr Strange. Plus any other movie green lit.

Pimping my site, again.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
People think the babe in the cave is one of Black panther's bodyguards or lovers...
Black panther does get some screen time i hear at some point, because i guess the action goes to wakanda for a bit...

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Oh really? That's news. Who is playing Black Panther?

Pimping my site, again.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves

Apparently Downey Jr is confirmed for Captain America: Civil War. Thought he was retiring from the role.

This was confirmed four or five months ago. What rock you living under?
Downey never said he was retiring from the role, it was just that he was never confirmed beyond the AoU. He started making noises about doing a 4th IM film if Mel Gibson directs, and the next thing that happens is Civil War is announced.
You would have to say there is a fair chance he will be in the Avengers films as well.
Even Chris Evans has made noises about retiring from working in front of the camera for a few years, then said he would not rule out continuing as Cap.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dave

They're the ones who said Bale was coming back as Batman. Anyway CBR asked Sony about the Spider-Man thing and they said nope.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk

They're the ones who said Bale was coming back as Batman. Anyway CBR asked Sony about the Spider-Man thing and they said nope.

Boo.

Pimping my site, again.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Poo.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk

MARVEL STUDIOS AND SONY TO SHARE SPIDER-MAN IN NEW COLLABORATIVE DEAL

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I'm shocked they are doing this. Couldn't have been MORE wrong. Amazing times. Bring back Tobey Maguire!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
We should start a rumor that the Spiderman they're using is actually Miles Morales and watch the Internet explode

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: G-Man
We should start a rumor that the Spiderman they're using is actually Miles Morales and watch Wonder Boy explode

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
We should start a rumor that the Spiderman they're using is actually Miles Morales and watch the Internet explode

It's like you were actually on the internet somewhere and decided to take credit for a rumor that's already started.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

Someone photoshop Will Smith's kid's head onto Tobey Macguire's body, stat!

Pimping my site, again.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

You did not specify which kid, so I put both on his body ... you're welcome!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Toby's got hairy nipples.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
WHAT IF THE AVENGERS HAD BEEN MADE IN 1985...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/w...=Zergnet_450791

Quote:

Iron Man – Burt Reynolds

The Hulk – Mel Gibson or Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thor – Dolph Lundgren

Captain America – Patrick Swayze

Hawkeye – Tom Cruise

Black Widow – Michelle Pfeiffer

Nick Fury – Clint Eastwood

Agent Coulson – Bill Murray

Spider-Man – Michael J. Fox

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Ok, film is fucking awesome. Lots of action and also some character development for characters that don't have their own movies. Few nice surprises here and there and Spader was awesome. The Vision should look shit but they have actually made him look cool. The Hulkbuster fight was cool as fuck too. Its obviously being used as a way of setting up the next phase, but is handled in a good way. Only negative I can really throw at it is they handle the death of one character poorly, with it being all but ignored for all intents and purposes.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

Quote:

Iron Man – Burt Reynolds

Thor – Dolph Lundgren

Hawkeye – Tom Cruise

No way. Nick fury would've been Charlton Heston

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

Quote:

Iron Man – Burt Reynolds

Thor – Dolph Lundgren

Hawkeye – Tom Cruise

No way. Nick fury would've been Charlton Heston

heh. That's quite good.

I saw the movie.... I didn't really like it much. It didn't have the same feeling of fun as the first one. Some quick throughts:

a. Ultron really sucked as a villain. James Spader's voice got up my nose. Ultron isn't meant to be a glib smartarse.
b. Scarlet Witch was a weak deux ex machine.
c. The entire Thor plot line made no sense - I got the impression it had been edited to shit.
d. Ultron attacks the Avengers and Falcon and War Machine disappear until the very end?
e. I didn't think much of Paul Bettany (a great actor - loved him in A Knight's Tale) as Vision.
f. Oh look, Iron Man is quitting again. But so is Hawkeye. So basically Marvel Studios are carving an out in case expensive actors play too hard ball for the next film (that should apply to Scarlet johannsen too, really).
g. It was such a chaotic jumble of characters, you wonder what Infinity Gauntlet is going to be like, if GotG are going to be part of it. and what was Thanos going on about, having to get the infinity stones himself? That suggests that Strucker was his cats paw? Which makes no sense.

On the other hand, I did like the reappearance of Nick Fury and the helicarrier, and I loved the bar scenes, especially the joking around with Thor's hammer.

Pimping my site, again.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

f. Oh look, Iron Man is quitting again. But so is Hawkeye. So basically Marvel Studios are carving an out in case expensive actors play too hard ball for the next film (that should apply to Scarlet johannsen too, really).

The actors are already locked into their contracts, so thats not it at all. Iron Man is obviously setting up for the whole pro-registration shit for Civil War, and nobody gives a shit about Hawkeye anyway.

Quote:
g. and what was Thanos going on about, having to get the infinity stones himself? That suggests that Strucker was his cats paw? Which makes no sense.

Nothing to do with Strucker. Thanos has manipulated from the shadows since the first Avengers film using the Chitauri, and more than likely the Collector.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
It still sucked, Englishman.

Pimping my site, again.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Yeah, it's good but not as good as the first. It's really weighted down with Marvel's need to set up the next one and Civil War.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
The pace mirrored the first one, with the first hour building the story and the second being full blown mother fucking action, but just didn't have the same feel to it. I really liked Hawkeye's "what the fuck am I doing here!? I have a bow and arrow!" humor. But I didn't get how Thor knew that tony was right the second time. Dude just appeared out of nowhere to mjolnir the visions stasis thingy and bring him to life.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's cuz there was a scene supposed to provide exposition for Thor's decision to thunder the shit out of Vision, but it was cut for time.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/11/8585809/avengers-ultron-thor-cave-scene-explanation-cut-farmhouse

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
The pace mirrored the first one, with the first hour building the story and the second being full blown mother fucking action, but just didn't have the same feel to it. I really liked Hawkeye's "what the fuck am I doing here!? I have a bow and arrow!" humor. But I didn't get how Thor knew that tony was right the second time. Dude just appeared out of nowhere to mjolnir the visions stasis thingy and bring him to life.

I think that's the biggest problem. Tony's solution to building a sentient robot that decides to exterminate mankind is to build another sentient robot. And Banner's ok with that. Plus, let's put an Infinity Gem in this one.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
It's cuz there was a scene supposed to provide exposition for Thor's decision to thunder the shit out of Vision, but it was cut for time.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/11/8585809/avengers-ultron-thor-cave-scene-explanation-cut-farmhouse

That's part of the problem...the farm gave too much breathing room and was easily the most boring part of the movie. A little more exposition about Thor's vision would have been nice. I wonder how long it actually was...if they cut a 10 minute scene I'd say it was hardly worth it. I wouldn't mind a 3 hour directors cut with everything Whedon originally wanted in, but as the movie currently stands I won't be seeing it in theaters again unless it's at the dollar theater with my wife. I'll probably buy it eventually but I'll wait to buy it used or see if they actually release a directors cut.

Link Copied to Clipboard